Why NSA, I hate you!

Youbetternot

NSA refuses To Deny That It Collected The Location Data Of US Phone Calls, these liars

During a Senate Intelligence Committee briefing, Gen. Alexander refused to state that the National Security Agency (NSA) had never in the past collected the location information of American phone calls.

Following pointed questioning by Sen. Wyden, he claimed that “Under Section 215, NSA is not receiving cell site location data and has no current plans to do so.” Sen. Wyden responded, as reported by The Hill, asking if the NSA had ever done so. Gen. Alexander would not answer the question directly.

Following a very public flap in which the U.S. intelligence apparatus was publicly excoriated and mocked for directly lying to its Congressional oversight, it would appear that it doesn’t want to make that mistake again, at least in the context of a scrutinized, televised hearing.

The implication here is obvious: The NSA claims that it is not currently tracking the location of cell phone calls placed in the United States, but refuses to state that it never has. So it did.

This is a bit worse than you think. The NSA already tracks the time and human participation of U.S. phone calls, so why is location an issue? Because if the NSA tracks the location of U.S. cell phone calls, it has roving GPS units strapped to every citizen that could be used to map where each of us is at any given moment.

Source: http://techcrunch.com/2013/09/27/the-nsa-refuses-to-deny-that-it-collected-the-location-data-of-us-phone-calls/

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

They just want to admit it. Those BASTERDS!

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

You guys are crying about the NSA.. Where i live (The Netherlands) We get monitored and our phone's tapped 60x more than in 'murica

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

You guys are crying about the NSA.. Where i live (The Netherlands) We get monitored and our phone's tapped 60x more than in 'murica

we have the largest number of legal registered phone-taps per capita, though what the NSA does ist really publicly available..... 

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

we have the largest number of legal registered phone-taps per capita, though what the NSA does ist really publicly available..... 

Why legal? What the .. 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Why legal? What the .. 

not saying I agree with them being legal but they are, and they are all reported and you can look up the exact numbers, the NSA doesn't disclose that.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Whenever I see an NSA thread I always think of this one :D

privacy_opinions.png

Which are you? 

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

privacy_opinions.png

Which are you?

All of the above

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

BUT IF YOU ARENT DOING ANYTHING WRONG, YOU GOT NOTHING TO HIDE

Then you don't mind if I come into your house and take pictures of you while you're naked and upload them everywhere, right? :P

I don't know if you are trolling or not, but I have seen others make this statement several times. I personally believe this logic is flawed:

Firstly, "DOING ANYTHING WRONG" cannot be finitely defined because laws are not static over time. That means, yes, now you may not be doing anything wrong, but that does not mean that all those activities you have done in the past will be legal in the future. And now the government has piles of "evidence" of all the "illegal" activities you have been associated with.

Secondly, there are many examples of laws being defined by governments and their interests, not by human morality. For example, it is illegal to J-Walk or to not wear your seatbelt or bike helmet (not saying that these things aren't a good idea, but do they need to be law?). Are you doing bad things when you J-walk or not wear a seatbelt? Are you hurting others? But this does bring ticketing revenues to municipalities under the guise of "helping the public". Which furthers my point, as I do not know a single person who has never J-walked. So you may be doing something "WRONG" and not know/remember it.

Lastly, and probably most simply, surveillance of a populous expresses a desire to control that populous. This is a contradiction of what a democratic government should be. The people should control the government, not the other way around. Not wanting total, unconditional surveillance is not about "HIDE"ing anything from the government, it is about not being truly free.

My two cents, anyways.

| CPU: 2600K @ 4.5 GHz 1.325V | MB: ASUS P8Z68-V pro | GPU: EVGA GTX 480 clk 865/mem 2100 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz CL9 | HDD: Muskin Chronos Deluxe 240GB(win8) && ADATA SX900 120 GB(ubuntu 12.04) | PSU: Seasonic x760 |

Then you don't mind if I come into your house and take pictures of you while you're naked and upload them everywhere, right? :P

I don't know if you are trolling or not, but I have seen others make this statement several times. I personally believe this logic is flawed:

Firstly, "DOING ANYTHING WRONG" cannot be finitely defined because laws are not static over time. That means, yes, now you may not be doing anything wrong, but that does not mean that all those activities you have done in the past will be legal in the future. And now the government has piles of "evidence" of all the "illegal" activities you have been associated with.

Secondly, there are many examples of laws being defined by governments and their interests, not by human morality. For example, it is illegal to J-Walk or to not wear your seatbelt or bike helmet (not saying that these things aren't a good idea, but do they need to be law?). Are you doing bad things when you J-walk or not wear a seatbelt? Are you hurting others? But this does bring ticketing revenues to municipalities under the guise of "helping the public". Which furthers my point, as I do not know a single person who has never J-walked. So you may be doing something "WRONG" and not know/remember it.

Lastly, and probably most simply, surveillance of a populous expresses a desire to control that populous. This is a contradiction of what a democratic government should be. The people should control the government, not the other way around. Not wanting total, unconditional surveillance is not about "HIDE"ing anything from the government, it is about not being truly free.

My two cents, anyways.

Was trolling, ive seen that argument being used which makes me cringe and die inside, and wish that the people who believe that lived in Stalin USSR or Nazi germany were people didndt really have any freedom

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Firstly, "DOING ANYTHING WRONG" cannot be finitely defined because laws are not static over time.

Right and wrong is not determined by laws, it's determined by morality.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

:( but i like to search on how to make bombs 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

privacy_opinions.png

Which are you? 

Ha ha ha I'm a mix between The Philosopher, The Crypto-Nut as well as The Conspiracist! 

Right and wrong is not determined by laws, it's determined by morality.

Never said they were? In fact, my second argument states this exact point.

The orignal comment was (though he/she was joking):

And in this case, he is talking about a government's notion of right and wrong, which is determined by laws.

| CPU: 2600K @ 4.5 GHz 1.325V | MB: ASUS P8Z68-V pro | GPU: EVGA GTX 480 clk 865/mem 2100 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz CL9 | HDD: Muskin Chronos Deluxe 240GB(win8) && ADATA SX900 120 GB(ubuntu 12.04) | PSU: Seasonic x760 |

i don't live in the us so the nsa stuff doesnt affect me but i dont understand all the people who are so mad about it when they probably just sit on social networking and play games (nothing to hide). Yeh morally the nsa is a bad thing to some people but for the majority it will never affect you/make a difference

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed