Just got a 970 :)

GeorgeKellow

I don't get why people think he could be lying... Some people have no faith xD I think you got a great deal and hopefully it's a really good upgrade from your last :)

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110

You could have waited a week and got around £25 pound off dependant on Polaris. They're going for around $300 in Australia which is less than £150, something is cheaper here for once.

4 hours ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

Except it would make NO sense to lie about it, people would have bought it for the exact same, there are even some people who pay more just to help

Just now, Rickie cheong said:
4 hours ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

Except it would make NO sense to lie about it, people would have bought it for the exact same, there are even some people who pay more just to help

Meaning,it would be shameful if the buyer would see the successor of the old cards and let them know everything about it 

I'm not selling anything from my rig when I get married.

Is that something we have to do :o ?

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

3 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

No, it's either he's telling the truth, or he just wanna get rid of that card with a price for him as well

5 hours ago, stconquest said:

I believe the GTX 1070 is, at minimum, twice the performance of the GTX 970.  Some people will be dumping their GTX 970s in the next few days and weeks. 

The reviews seem to indicate about a 50-60% jump.

6 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Nah, you're thinking of when you get divorced.

some people are so tin foil hat. its funny. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

4 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Nah, you're thinking of when you get divorced.

6 minutes ago, Rickie cheong said:

No, it's either he's telling the truth, or he just wanna get rid of that card with a price for him as well

My rig will stay right where it is :P

And I guess that dude lied about it. Just like I do, when I try to sell come crapy components lol

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

8 hours ago, Rickie cheong said:

People find all sorts of excuses to get rid what they don't need and at least get something out of it

yeah most funny is because they said they quitted gaming ... and trying to sell Maxwell GPUs. 

4 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

The reviews seem to indicate about a 50-60% jump.

You're right, I was thinking dual GPUs and blurted "twice the performance"...  I should work for Nvidia's/AMD's marketing team =/