Just got a 970 :)

GeorgeKellow

Well that's certainly a lot cheaper than brand new! :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

10 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Got a MSI 970 for £170! 

Comes with warranty (2 Years left) He is selling it because he needs money for his wedding! 

Have a picked up a steal here? 

I believe the GTX 1070 is, at minimum, twice the performance of the GTX 970.  Some people will be dumping their GTX 970s in the next few days and weeks. 

1 minute ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

And well over 2X The price.

No, the GTX 1070 is $400 to the GTX 970 being $300.

2 minutes ago, stconquest said:

No, the GTX 1070 is $400 to the GTX 970 being $300.

This is a used GPU, £170 VS £399.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-product/pc-components/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-gtx-1070-release-date-price-specs-available-out-3639751/

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

There is a reason the seller was getting rid of it, not that I agree with it. 

The jump from the GTX 970 to a GTX 1070 is like night and day.

4 minutes ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

Yes, because he was saving for a wedding.

People find all sorts of excuses to get rid what they don't need and at least get something out of it

2 minutes ago, Rickie cheong said:

People find all sorts of excuses to get rid what they don't need and at least get something out of it

People find all sorts of excuses to be cynical.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

2 minutes ago, Rickie cheong said:

He would have had it a year, since it only has 2 years of warranty left, and as stated previously, it has warranty, who cares what happens to it.

21 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Got a MSI 970 for £170! 

Comes with warranty (2 Years left) He is selling it because he needs money for his wedding! 

Have a picked up a steal here? 

Yes, you got a great deal.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, ObeseWalrus said:

People find all sorts of excuses to be cynical.

3 minutes ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

He would have had it a year, since it only has 2 years of warranty left, and as stated previously, it has warranty, who cares what happens to it.

Okay, maybe the buyer is being honest...

Don't you think the likelihood that since the reviews for the new 1070 dropped... yesterday... that he might have liked the idea of selling his GTX 970 for a card that keeps up with a reference GTX 980Ti?

4 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Okay, maybe the buyer is being honest...

Don't you think the likelihood that since the reviews for the new 1070 dropped... yesterday... that he might have liked the idea of selling his GTX 970 for a card that keeps up with a reference GTX 980Ti?

There are also people who just want out of PC Gaming, or he had two and noticed he doesn't really use the other.

There are also people who just want out of PC Gaming, or he had two and noticed he doesn't really use the other.

...or he just wants a better card.

14 minutes ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

Also,please check which part of the card that the warranty covers,if u have a problem with any of the ports,and the warranty doesn't cover it,you might as well as say goodbye to that card

You really are keen on the fact that he wants a 1070 Or 980 Ti Aren't you?

lol, it just makes more sense.

He buys a GTX 970 for 250 GBP 8 months ago and plays games on it, enjoying his time spent.  The GTX 1070 rolls out and he figures:  I can lose out on 70 GBP because I got my money's worth and I can jump up to a brand new, sparkly 1070.

I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

lol, it just makes more sense.

He buys a GTX 970 for 250 GBP 8 months ago and plays games on it, enjoying his time spent.  The GTX 1070 rolls out and he figures:  I can lose out on 70 GBP because I got my money's worth and I can jump up to a brand new, sparkly 1070.

I could be wrong.

Except it would make NO sense to lie about it, people would have bought it for the exact same, there are even some people who pay more just to help them out.

3 minutes ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

Except it would make NO sense to lie about it, people would have bought it for the exact same, there are even some people who pay more just to help them out.

What if the cards in a bad condition,he would do anything to get rid of it

4 minutes ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

Actually it DOES make sense to lie.

If a potential buyer does not know about the new cards, he is more likely to think:  what a great deal!  So by lying, the seller is more likely to avoid a situation whereas the potential buyer will look into a GTX 1070.

Selling a GTX 970 for 180 GBP!  I just saw the benches for the new 1070 and I am selling this mid range card so I can have Titan level performance at a fraction of the cost for a Titan.

1 minute ago, Rickie cheong said:

What if the cards in a bad condition,he would do anything to get rid of it

If it was reddit, it needs to have a timestamp and picture, so OP Could decide.

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

Actually it DOES make sense to lie.

If a potential buyer does not know about the new cards, he is more likely to think:  what a great deal!  So by lying, the seller is more likely to avoid a situation whereas the potential buyer will not look into a GTX 1070.

Selling a GTX 970 for 180 GBP!  I just saw the benches for the new 1070 and I am selling this mid range card so I can have Titan level performance at a fraction of the cost for a Titan.

VfdQsd9.png

Oh, this GPU That I want but don't know about, it would be a shame if there was a video detailing its successor below it.

2 minutes ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

- -

Oh, this GPU That I want but don't know about, it would be a shame if there was a video detailing its successor below it.

Huh?