Even in USA the 1080 is 50% more expensive than 980 was at launch

whitedragon101
8 minutes ago, othertomperson said:

I'm not presuming you're an idiot. You are one. AMD didn't say they weren't competing with the 1080, they said they were targeting the mainstream. You are making the assertion that GP104 and GM104 are high tier chips and not mainstream. This is highly debatable. It is more sensible to interpret it as them saying that they aren't going to be replacing the Fury or competing with the 1080 Ti until Vega.

And the 380 is better than the 960 in games that favour AMD, while the 960 does better in games that favour Nvidia. Same for the 390 and 390X. Same for GM200 and Fiji, or have you forgotten Ashes of the Singularity which massively favours AMD even in Direcx11, let alone 12? Rofl.

Wow, you completely missed what AMD said didn't you?

AMD isn't going to sell a competitive GPU at 300 dollars less, so if they are targeting the 300-400 dollar mark for Polaris top end, THAT MEANS BY DEFINITION THEY WON'T BE COMPETING WITH THE 1080.

ashes_of_the_singularity_3840x2160_compu

Ohh that insane amount of beat down by AMD in DX 11... 20% behind the 980ti even at 4k... Oh and Fiji has ~0 OC headroom compared to the easily attained 25% boost by OC'ng GM200.

EDIT: I mean shit man, AMD pushed VEGA up 6 months in response to the 1080 (and the threat of the P100/GP102)... Obviously they are getting #wrecked.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

2 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Wow, you completely missed what AMD said didn't you?

AMD isn't going to sell a competitive GPU at 300 dollars less, so if they are targeting the 300-400 dollar mark for Polaris top end, THAT MEANS BY DEFINITION THEY WON'T BE COMPETING WITH THE 1080.

Ohh that insane amount of beat down by AMD in DX 11... 20% behind the 980ti even at 4k... Oh and Fiji has ~0 OC headroom compared to the easily attained 25% boost by OC'ng GM200.

A benchmark from an unverified source, no testing information given, not date or version of the pre-release game given.

Do you have anything meaning to add, or are you just another frothing fanboy?

1 minute ago, othertomperson said:

A benchmark from an unverified source, no testing information given, not date or version of the pre-release game given.

Do you have anything meaning to add, or are you just another frothing fanboy?

http://www.computerbase.de/ 

Quite literally the most comprehensive game benchmarking site on the internet... 

Did you honestly want me to list literally every single aspect of the review?

It's hilarious because AotS isn't even used by most reviewers as of yet because it is notoriously fickle with respect to drivers and game updates.

Feel free to ignore facts all the way till the end of time here. You even have 100% direct quotes from AMD that directly contradict your "beliefs".

@Prysin @don_svetlio

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

1 hour ago, hex4 said:

Honestly just forget the 1080 even exists, us Brits are going to be paying 906 dollars after exchange rate applied for teh same product, that's really shitty buisiness IMO, and i'm actually thinking of going AMD of they produce a good card with Polaris.

That's not nVidia's fault. Just blame your country for having shitty import taxes.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

2 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

well nvidia doesnt have serious competition. Thats usally what hapens with a monopoly

you clearly dont know what a monopoly means, they are not a monopoly there are other graphics card manufacturers on the market

Its a Championship not a Belt!

21 minutes ago, skullrebell said:

you clearly dont know what a monopoly means, they are not a monopoly there are other graphics card manufacturers on the market

Well there's a technical monopoly and an effective monopoly. For example, if AMD went belly up, Intel would have an effective monopoly on the PC market (well, how much VIA actually plays a role here is up for grabs). However they won't have a technical monopoly because they technically compete against ARM.

Although I don't know how ARM gets away with what they do.

2 hours ago, partypanda64 said:

the 1080 is 25% more powerful then the Titan X, usually new phones aren't 25% more powerful then the worlds most powerful phones.

Actually they usually are, but most don't notice because once a phone does what you want people stop noticing the increase in speed.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9686/the-apple-iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus-review/6