Unable to pick Cooler

skullrebell

So presently i am using a NZXT switch 810, and NZXT x61 Kracken, on the lga 1150 socket and Corsair vengence Ram, im swapping my case to the ThermalTake core P5 and i know i need to get a compatibility bracket to use a Aio with this case, but im thinking of going back to an air cooler, since  they are a bit quieter, however, i dont know what air coolers i could use that will give me similar temps, and what i should use, so what coolers do you reccomend, i prefer to shop off amazon or newegg, and in USD my max budget for the cooler is 200$ USD

Its a Championship not a Belt!

if your not doing heavy overclocking and your budget is $200 USD you are getting much quieter than a dual rad AIO like a H100i or something. With that case though your going to want something like an NH-D14 for high performance air cooling because I don't see an AIO pumps reaching that far.

You do know that case is pretty heavily tailored to custom loops right? Not really the most practical for all standard cooling.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

3 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

if your not doing heavy overclocking and your budget is $200 USD you are getting much quieter than a dual rad AIO like a H100i or something. With that case though your going to want something like an NH-D14 for high performance air cooling because I don't see an AIO pumps reaching that far.

You do know that case is pretty heavily tailored to custom loops right? Not really the most practical for all standard cooling.

Its literally my perfect case since i only use SSD, and prefer horizonatal open air cases. also i do have my i5-4670k oced to 4.3ghz

No air cooler is going to get you Kraken X61 performance, but a few can get you close. If your case fits a 180mm cooler, your budget is $200, you're looking for air and you'd like to stay on Amazon, then have I got a cooler for you. I don't think there's a better air cooler out there.

If you stay with a liquid AIO, I'd just keep the Kraken and figure out how to ghetto rig it. That said, yeah, that Core P5 is designed for custom loops. It's going to look a little weird without them.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

19 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

No air cooler is going to get you Kraken X61 performance, but a few can get you close. If your case fits a 180mm cooler, your budget is $200, you're looking for air and you'd like to stay on Amazon, then have I got a cooler for you. I don't think there's a better air cooler out there.

If you stay with a liquid AIO, I'd just keep the Kraken and figure out how to ghetto rig it. That said, yeah, that Core P5 is designed for custom loops. It's going to look a little weird without them.

and this will work with corsair vengence ram?

5 minutes ago, skullrebell said:

and this will work with corsair vengence ram?

The NH-D15 will overhang at least the first RAM slot, keeping you from using anything taller than standard-height RAM in it. Not sure if it obstructs the second and back.

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

The NH-D15 will overhang at least the first RAM slot, keeping you from using anything taller than standard-height RAM in it. Not sure if it obstructs the second and back.

well im using corsair vengence ram is that standard height? and and i use 4 dimms

2 hours ago, skullrebell said:

Its literally my perfect case since i only use SSD, and prefer horizonatal open air cases. also i do have my i5-4670k oced to 4.3ghz

A Kotetsu or SR Slim would be fine. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/scythe-cpu-cooler-scktt1000

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk010

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

40 minutes ago, skullrebell said:

well im using corsair vengence ram is that standard height? and and i use 4 dimms

No, and you're boned. Look at air coolers by Noctua, beQuiet, Cryorig and Phanteks for the best high-end stuff. I know there are zero-interference coolers out there, and coolers that let you raise the fan above the RAM. For what it's worth, filling all four DIMMs with high-profile memory really limits your options for beefy, high-end air coolers.

27 minutes ago, skullrebell said:

i dont want fine i want the best air cooler on the market for 200$or less

That would probably be the NH-D15. That being said, you'd be shooting for 4.7ghz+ to take advantage of the better cooling. It's otherwise a waste of extra money at just 4.3ghz. Vengeance ram is also stupidly tall and won't work with most large air coolers so you'd have to go with an alternative like the NH-D15S. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

That would probably be the NH-D15. That being said, you'd be shooting for 4.7ghz+ to take advantage of the better cooling. It's otherwise a waste of extra money at just 4.3ghz. Vengeance ram is also stupidly tall and won't work with most large air coolers so you'd have to go with an alternative like the NH-D15S. 

literally just ripped the heatsinks off so no longer an issue lol