GPU Is Underclocking

Go to solution Solved by NotGreatAtGaming,

I fixed the problem

I just need to boot the pc in NON safe boot mode something like that and it works

soo heres my problem:

my gt620 is an old gpu

i overclock it earlier this year to 1050mhz ish clock speed (stock clock speed is 860mhz i think)

I even overclock the memory just a bit

But yesterday my clock speed will not raise up no matter what i do,i didnt get any erros before..

It kept running at 270mhz clock speed which REALLY effect my fps in CSGO

i USED to get around 60-70fps on medium settings but now im getting 5-20fps

I can be sure that the problem is not overheating,i kept my eyes on the temp and the max it has been is at 75c during game time

I didnt overvoltage it during overclocking because i dont have control over the voltage control

Please help me with this im still in the process of collecting money to buy a new gpu so i need a fix for this :3

Screenshot (4).png

Clicking that K-Boost button will fix it

Oh... it never gets to its higher clock speed? Then it probably won't, and that's strange and I'm not sure how to go about it exactly

Have you tried restarting the computer a few times? It sounds stupid, but my 750ti did this the other day (stuck at 405mhz) and it went away randomly after restarting my PC about 3 times.

set it back to stock and restart. whats probably happening is the memory oc is unstable, but not crashing your system. when that happens, the clock speed drops and stays that way until you restart

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

Just now, Cela1 said:

Have you tried restarting the computer a few times? It sounds stupid, but my 750ti did this the other day (stuck at 405mhz) and it went away randomly after restarting my PC about 3 times.

yes i did many times

1 minute ago, DrM said:

set it back to stock and restart. whats probably happening is the memory oc is unstable, but not crashing your system. when that happens, the clock speed drops and stays that way until you restart

yes i did try that too

3 minutes ago, Hunched said:

Clicking that K-Boost button will fix it

that gpu does not support that k-boost button i think,its not available for me to press

1 minute ago, NotGreatAtGaming said:

yes i did many times

Ah okay, I only asked as sometimes people are so fixated on solving the problem, they sometimes forget just to restart.

I use Afterburner not PrecisionX, but it seems odd that the power and temp targets are all the way down, or does PrecisionX just let you turn them off?

1 minute ago, Cela1 said:

I use Afterburner not PrecisionX, but it seems odd that the power and temp targets are all the way down, or does PrecisionX just let you turn them off?

the app doesnt let me use it,plus i switch to Afterburner to see if i can fix it

but nope i cant still broken

I fixed the problem

I just need to boot the pc in NON safe boot mode something like that and it works