Why isn't there a interactive tutorial game about building computers

I was wondering why isn't there a game about building computers out there because I think it would be great for people who don't know how to build and properly maintain a desktop. I'm thinking if there was a game about building computers it would be a interactive tutorial on how to build a PC and also after you build the PC there would be other things you can do in the game that will show you how to change out parts if they brake and how to do maintenance like cleaning out the heatsyncs, fans, and vents on a PC so if someone wants to have a interactive learning experience on computers they would just be able to boot up something like a browser game and learn how to do it in a 3d environment. And now since VR is coming out that would be a EXTRA interactive experience (if you even happen to have a VR thingy).

Make this a reality for cars too? Anyone could become a mechanic with enough visual training ehe, be either trough something like the Microsoft Hololens or HTC Vive/Oculus Rift!

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Make this a reality for cars too? Anyone could become a mechanic with enough visual training ehe, be either trough something like the Microsoft Hololens or HTC Vive/Oculus Rift!

I was mainly focusing on PCs because they are alot simpler then cars and is actually something I feel a small team of people or even a single developer can accomplish

4 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

CAR MECHANIC SIMULATOR 2015 IS PRETTY ACCURATE

6 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

I was wondering why isn't there a game about building computers out there because I think it would be great for people who don't know how to build and properly maintain a desktop. I'm thinking if there was a game about building computers it would be a interactive tutorial on how to build a PC and also after you build the PC there would be other things you can do in the game that will show you how to change out parts if they brake and how to do maintenance like cleaning out the heatsyncs, fans, and vents on a PC so if someone wants to have a interactive learning experience on computers they would just be able to boot up something like a browser game and learn how to do it in a 3d environment. And now since VR is coming out that would be a EXTRA interactive experience (if you even happen to have a VR thingy).

cause there is youtube for that

Just now, SuperShermanTanker said:

-snip-

Well, computers in theyr basis are simpler to build indeed, since its mostly a very expensive lego building habit, but add in custom liquid cooling and maybe even a custom made case and you got yourself a serious challenge, which i cant do for myself aswell. Hm, maybe a "How to liquify your desktop computer" program? And something like what you said for the masses i supose

Groomlake Authority

3 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

And I do think that would be cool too but I have no clues on how cars work other then they burn gas and get from point at to point b

1 minute ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Well, computers in theyr basis are simpler to build indeed, since its mostly a very expensive lego building habit, but add in custom liquid cooling and maybe even a custom made case and you got yourself a serious challenge, which i cant do for myself aswell. Hm, maybe a "How to liquify your desktop computer" program? And something like what you said for the masses i supose

well with this idea of a interactive tutorial on building computers you can virtually learn to build a PC without risking the hundreds to thousands of dollars on building that PC just imagine fitting that waterblock to your 2 GTX Titan Xs or 2 GTX 1080s in a virtual environment just so you can get a idea on how to do it right before you unbox your new GPUs and water blocks and do the real thing.

Just now, imreloadin said:

Where is the fun in learning when you're not gambling with multi-hundred dollar components ;)

I treat even my $50 computer components like a piece of glass that will brake on the slightest bump

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

Where is the fun in learning when you're not gambling with multi-hundred dollar components ;)

Just now, SuperShermanTanker said:

I treat even my $50 computer components like a piece of glass that will brake on the slightest bump

and yet I still ripped out a capacitor on my $1000 desktop's motherboard when I had to take out a defective GPU I bought that got stuck on my case and had to force out of the computer... NOT FUN

2 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

You'd honestly be surprised at the abuse components can take. They're not made of rice paper after all lol

2 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

You'd honestly be surprised at the abuse components can take. They're not made of rice paper after all lol

yah but when your in school without a job it really gets stressful when you can't replace any of the parts easily

4 minutes ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

yah but when your in school without a job it really gets stressful when you can't replace any of the parts easily

Just relax and take it easy when doing it. If things aren't connecting don't force them in, see where their getting hung up at and plan your attack differently. Patience is certainly a virtue in building PCs lol.

5 hours ago, SuperShermanTanker said:

and yet I still ripped out a capacitor on my $1000 desktop's motherboard when I had to take out a defective GPU I bought that got stuck on my case and had to force out of the computer... NOT FUN

I've found that worrying about breaking a component while disassembling or assembling a PC makes you more prone to breaking it. I've come very close to breaking a few parts while I was trying to be careful. Now I don't really worry too much about it and I haven't had any issues.

Fun Fact: A 980Ti can run for a full minute without a heatsink and still work perfectly fine after installing a heatsink. Don't ask for the story behind that.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

While it's an interesting idea, it wouldn't be worth the money funded into it as a video can do this exact thing with about equal success. Now if someone made it a personal project, it would be a different story. Not to mention you have a chicken and egg issue with VR. You would need to get access to an expensive machine that can run VR (odds are the machine owner can help you build a pc) as I doubt stores would do this due to making more off prebuilts.

It will happen at some point. But I don't see point right now. Youtube is full of good, slow and clear videos on how to do it. PCs are rather simple in the end. You connect part A to part B and connect some wires from point A to point B. You check something from manual (from threads like this I wonder how many people lack skills on reading manuals) and go on. Troubleshooting when something doesn't work requires more skill, but doing that as game/VR wouldn't be very fun way to learn things. Or it might as your PC would still work while game simulation doesn't.

I learned PC building by taking apart pre-build, adding some RAM, changing HDD, PSU and GPU. Later mobo and CPU too. Before building next from scratch. My guides were texts and pics. From magazine at first and webpage later. So I really think you don't need more than that. And I wouldn't want that either. Making things too easy on people kills creativity and weakens logical thinking. PC building should remain fun learning experience where you can exercise some logical thinking and learning as you go on. If someone find it too hard, there are good value pre-builds and laptops.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Because there is the ultimate real life game called LEGO :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

10 hours ago, Thony said:

Because there is the ultimate real life game called LEGO :D

LEGO set about whole PC... I wonder if someone has done custom instructions for one already.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Did OP just come up with a decent steam game?!?!? OP HURRY! Find someone who can develop a game! Sell it for $3.99 and profit!

Note: Please give me a small share since I gave you the basic business model :P 

*PC Build Simulator 2016*

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

This is an actual thing being developed by someone...he literally posted a thread about yesterday so...yeah...if I can find it then I will link it :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Cisco Desktop something iirc from a course i did last year. Was fairly basic but relevant. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I've heard of something similar to this coming soon to steam that just got greenlighted.