How to mount Silent Wings in the front of a Be-Quiet Silent Base 800?

steffeeh

Long story short, I'll upgrade my case cooling and I'm going with the Silent Wings 120mm from Be-Quiet. And right now I have my hands on 1x of them - and I actually have no idea how to properly mount it in the front of my PC case...

The screws coming with the fan doesn't seem to fit in the case in the front where I want them as intake. You have the small screws as well as the rubber sticks coming in the box, but I can't use them as far as I understand it.

Right now I've just taken the stock fan screws for the front of the PC case and let the SW fan hang on them and then tighten the screws together with the rubber pads.

It may sound like an odd solution, but works very well audio wise as there isn't any noise or resonance added because of it - however the screws gets in the way of my HDD cages, which I need.

So I need to figure out how to mount them well and still be able to have my HDD in my computer.

Anyone with any ideas? It seems like a common thing that people with the Silent Base 800 mounts the Silent Wings fans on, so there must be a solution... I mean it would be odd if their most famous fan isn't fully compatible with their most famous PC case...

Asus X99-A w/ BIOS 3402 | Intel i7 5820k OC @4.4GHz 1.28V w/ Noctua NH-U14S | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 OC @2666MHz 12-14-14-28 | Asus Geforce GTX970 STRIX OC | EVGA 750 G2 750W | Samsung 850 Evo 1 TB | Windows 10 64-bit | Be-Quiet Silent Base 800 w/ Silent Wings | 2x Dell U2414H OC @72Hz w/ Display Port

Don't forget to invest in an Intel Tuning Plan if you're going to overvolt your K/X CPU

bequiet-silentbase-800_shell_w_600.jpg

Not the most detailed picture but it looks like their are held in by screws but there is some sort of rubber washer/ring below the head of the screw. Your problem is that you don't have those screws?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

The fans on your picture are the Pure Wings - the stock fans for the PC case which are no problem to mount as they have standard screwing holes.

The Silent Wings however have a bit more special mounting type which confuses me, as the screws that comes for those mountings doesn't seem to fit in the holes in the case in the front part.

be-quiet-silent-wings-pwm-120mm.jpg

Asus X99-A w/ BIOS 3402 | Intel i7 5820k OC @4.4GHz 1.28V w/ Noctua NH-U14S | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 OC @2666MHz 12-14-14-28 | Asus Geforce GTX970 STRIX OC | EVGA 750 G2 750W | Samsung 850 Evo 1 TB | Windows 10 64-bit | Be-Quiet Silent Base 800 w/ Silent Wings | 2x Dell U2414H OC @72Hz w/ Display Port

Don't forget to invest in an Intel Tuning Plan if you're going to overvolt your K/X CPU

I realise what's the problem now. Have you thought about asking their support? Maybe they can tell you  which screws you need? Or sell something that helps your case. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system