Alternative to Noctua NH-D15

azorahai

Hey, below is a link to my build. I'm looking to replace my Noctua D15 mainly because the fans are hideous. The performance is amazing (22C idle and no fan noise).

I wish the Cryorig R1 Ultimate came in white/black like the universal to match my white and black case.

What other good alternatives are there to Noctua but look better? I'm thinking:

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3

Cryorig R1 Ultimate

Anything else?

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHZ...Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 Rev. 1.0...Gigabyte 980TI Gaming G1 "Windforce" (x2) in SLI...Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512 GB...Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2400 MHZ 32 GB (8x4) Black...NZXT Kraken X61 (Top) with 2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM LTT Edition Fans and White Noctua Chromax Pads...Corsair Carbide Air 540 Arctic White Case with 1 Rear Noctua NF-A14 PWM LTT Edition Fan and 3 Front Noctua NF-F12 PWM LTT Edition Fans and White Noctua Chromax Pads...Corsair AX1500i PSU...CableMod White & Black Replacement Cables...Windows 10 Home...LG 34UC97 1440p 21:9 60hz Monitor...Ducky Shine 4 Keyboard...Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

http://www.phanteks.com/ph-tc14pe.html

Black and white, performs similar to a noctua.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

5 minutes ago, azorahai said:

Hey, below is a link to my build. I'm looking to replace my Noctua D15 mainly because the fans are hideous. The performance is amazing (22C idle and no fan noise).

I wish the Cryorig R1 Ultimate came in white/black like the universal to match my white and black case.

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3

Cryorig R1 Ultimate

Anything else?

gay panda?

eh

To be honest you could get watercooling too if you have the money

Just now, givegomezthegun said:

MasterAir Maker 8?

holy crap that is a horrible choice.

15 minutes ago, josephaltareb said:

gay panda?

eh

Ya I was also considering an NZXT kraken x61 but I don't know if I really want to show off my MOBO. Also, I'm worried about pump noise with an AIO.

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHZ...Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 Rev. 1.0...Gigabyte 980TI Gaming G1 "Windforce" (x2) in SLI...Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512 GB...Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2400 MHZ 32 GB (8x4) Black...NZXT Kraken X61 (Top) with 2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM LTT Edition Fans and White Noctua Chromax Pads...Corsair Carbide Air 540 Arctic White Case with 1 Rear Noctua NF-A14 PWM LTT Edition Fan and 3 Front Noctua NF-F12 PWM LTT Edition Fans and White Noctua Chromax Pads...Corsair AX1500i PSU...CableMod White & Black Replacement Cables...Windows 10 Home...LG 34UC97 1440p 21:9 60hz Monitor...Ducky Shine 4 Keyboard...Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

1 minute ago, azorahai said:

Ya I was also considering an NZXT kraken x61 but I don't know if I really want to show off my MOBO. Also, I'm worried about pump noise with an AIO.

the kraken is a godsend, just get a fan spliter because CAM is fucking shit.

4 minutes ago, josephaltareb said:

the kraken is a godsend, just get a fan spliter because CAM is fucking shit.

Hahah you think so? My only experience with it is using it for my Hue Plus and it seems fine. Are you using the stock NZXT fans?

Just now, azorahai said:

Hahah you think so? My only experience with it is using it for my Hue Plus and it seems fine. Are you using the stock NZXT fans?

no, that shit is loud.

2 minutes ago, josephaltareb said:

no, that shit is loud.

What did you replace them with?

Just now, azorahai said:

What did you replace them with?

I have heard it, But i do not have a system with a kraken.

X61 is great performance, and not as loud as some AIO... 

Dark Rock Pro 3 is really a nice looking cooler and is quiet as hell, performance is not the best IMO but if you are looking for silent during low loads, this is great. 

Phanteks one is perhaps the most similar to the D15. Looks really good when you can match the colour with the rest of your build. Quiet but not silent on low  load, but might keep your chip cooler at high loads than the Dark Rock Pro 3 

17 minutes ago, azorahai said:

My friend has a corsair h110 GT on his 6700k. He says it's quiet. Apparently the stock fans weren't that great but you could just replace them with some nice and quiet high static pressure fans if the stock fans bother you.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k | Motherboard: AsRock Fatality Z170 Gaming K6 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 2666MHz Red

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 | Case: Corsair Carbide Clear 400C | Storage: PNY CS1311 480GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x

Display(s): Samsung S24D390HL 23,6"(looking to upgrade) | Cooling: Corsair H110i GT | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Gaming Keyboard Cherry MX Brown switches

Mouse: Corsair Sabre optical | Sound: AKG K273 and Blue Yeti microphone | Operating System: Windows 10

13 hours ago, azorahai said:

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3

Cryorig R1 Ultimate

Anything else?

If you have too much money the master air maker 8.

In your situation i'd go with the beQuiet

13 hours ago, JH275 said:

My friend has a corsair h110 GT on his 6700k. He says it's quiet. Apparently the stock fans weren't that great but you could just replace them with some nice and quiet high static pressure fans if the stock fans bother you.

Your friend is deaf, the pump on the gt is noisy

Why not just replace the fans? The Noctua Redux series is gray and very quiet.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Cryorig r1 ultimate with a different color shroud.  They sell some white ones for like $6 

5 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Why not just replace the fans? The Noctua Redux series is gray and very quiet.

Those are not the same size fans. The ones that come with the NH-d15 are only on cream and brown. Doesn't come in industrial/redux

23 hours ago, josephaltareb said:

gay panda?

eh

Why are you ragging on his choice of the master air maker? To be honest dude, it sounds like you have some big opinions but don't have the actual gear to back to up lol

15 minutes ago, azorahai said:

Those are not the same size fans. The ones that come with the NH-d15 are only on cream and brown. Doesn't come in industrial/redux

http://www.amazon.com/Bearing-Cooling-NF-P14r-redux-1500-PWM/dp/B00KF7QO2G/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1463946737&sr=1-1&keywords=NF-P14r

The only difference is little tabs on the edges that, IIRC, don't really make a difference anyway.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 hours ago, azorahai said:

Why are you ragging on his choice of the master air maker? To be honest dude, it sounds like you have some big opinions but don't have the actual gear to back to up lol

for its price, your not getting a whole lot more. (for example, it performs as well as a noctua d15 but is bigger and a bit louder

and as far as i know it only comes in red)

if your looking price/perf alt. you could go with a dark rock pro.