The start of my new personal build

So I've finally started my build. Got my case today in the mail. Just waiting till Saturday for the rest to get here.

My build is as follows:

NZXT S340 (white)

Intel i5 6500 

8gb of hyperx ddr4 ram (more to come)

kingston ssd 240gb 

1tb western digital black hdd

Gigabyte gaming g1 h170 motherboard 

nvidia 780 (temporarily till the 1070 drops)

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, SPAS-ID said:

damn White looks dope, regret getting Black/Blue :(

Almost got black/blue. I'm glad I didn't though.

6 minutes ago, andrew.neubauer0409 said:

So I've finally started my build. Got my case today in the mail. Just waiting till Saturday for the rest to get here.

My build is as follows:

NZXT S340 (white)

Intel i5 6500 

8gb of hyperx ddr4 ram (more to come)

kingston ssd 240gb 

1tb western digital black hdd

Gigabyte gaming g1 h170 motherboard 

nvidia 780 (temporarily till the 1070 drops)

You may run into some trouble combining sets of memory, in the future try to stick with dual channel kits if you're going to be running multiple DIMMs

1 minute ago, BenjaminC said:

You may run into some trouble combining sets of memory, in the future try to stick with dual channel kits if you're going to be running multiple DIMMs

It's a set of 2x4. Plan on getting another of the same. Don't know if I should do that or get a 2x8 and sell the 2x4 set on Craigslist when the time comes.

3 minutes ago, andrew.neubauer0409 said:

It's a set of 2x4. Plan on getting another of the same. Don't know if I should do that or get a 2x8 and sell the 2x4 set on Craigslist when the time comes.

Definitely go for a 2x8 kit, if you want to upgrade you'll only have to replace the 2x4 kit. Personally I would sell the 2x4 kit now and get a 2x8 kit to leave a couple slots open for expansion and reduce power and heat a bit. It's a rule of thumb that you're better off buying larger capacities and leaving slots empty than filling all of your slots with lower capacity modules.

1 minute ago, BenjaminC said:

Definitely go for a 2x8 kit, if you want to upgrade you'll only have to replace the 2x4 kit. Personally I would sell the 2x4 kit now and get a 2x8 kit to leave a couple slots open for expansion and reduce power and heat a bit.

Honestly it was all the money I had at the time. Made sure I had a cpu that was decent and motherboard that was capable of handling some major hardware upgrades that didn't cost an arm and a leg like the rog series (m.2, oc'ing,etc) I'm hoping to transplant this cpu in another comp down the road for a family members computer.

So finished it for now until I get the 1070. I dropped my 970 onto the ground...

image.jpg

image.jpg