Who is your Nvidia aftermarker GPU maker of choice?

Arct1c0n
1 minute ago, SPAS-ID said:

wait, WHAT

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

MSI too

Finland's the place. The law and culture/tradition here is to contact the retailer in RMA cases, not the manufacturer. The retailer can only give a warranty that they're given first by whoever sells the product to them. 

All other major manufacturers have a Finnish importer/wholesale system, but EVGA is imported by the retailers themselves from Swedish or German wholesales or even directly from the manufacturer. By Finnish law, the Finnish importer is responsible for a lot of warranty-related stuff and they dictate the terms to a degree. One major and common thing is that no modifications are allowed. The retailers then have no choice but to comply with that and deny modifications themselves. Otherwise the retailers would have to handle the warranty from their own pocket, which they'll obviously never do. That just leads to a situation where, even if the manufacturer would allow it, if the product was imported by a Finnish-based company, they can set restrictions to the warranty. The consumers do have the choice to contact the manufacturer directly and that way the'll follow the warranty terms set by the manufacturer, but then they'll have to pay the postage to central Europe the very least, sometimes even Asia. 

2 minutes ago, BenjaminC said:

Inno3d is the tackiest

Check out Colorful :D

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Just now, don_svetlio said:

Check out Colorful :D

I LOOOVE colorful they do huge ass six slot wide totally fanless cards and regular cards with random ass heatsinks poking out it's the greatest. Inno3d is just like let's put a fan on the top edge and turn the shroud into knives

1 minute ago, BenjaminC said:

I LOOOVE colorful they do huge ass six slot wide totally fanless cards and regular cards with random ass heatsinks poking out it's the greatest. Inno3d is just like let's put a fan on the top edge and turn the shroud into knives

Inno3D is useful for self defense :P

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

EVGA.

I have had Gainward & Point of View too, no one seems to really say anything about them.

AMD XFX and Sapphire.

7 hours ago, don_svetlio said:

Inno3D is useful for self defense :P

I had a 9800GT from them, ran great.

0140888_1.jpg

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

I wouldn't call myself a fanboy of any company here, but I do support and fanboy good post-sale customer support, and every single experience i've had with EVGA has been nothing short of industry-leading.

Inversely, with Asus... well, I have a nightmare post about it. Can be found via my profile if you're interested.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

PowerColor

Palit

Deepcool 

I like powercolor since I can remove their heatsinks without voiding the warranty(No stickers covering screw holes). 

Palit because they're the more reasonably priced Nvidia cards. 

Colorful is damn big in China though. Bigger than I expected. The tech mall I went to in Guangzhou is filled with Colorful. I would've snagged a 980 Ti from them if not little cash I had on hand at that time. 

Deepcool made a cooler as good as the Hyper 212 at half price. Their air coolers are underrated. Sadly the cheap price doesn't translate well to the west. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I did enjoy my EVGA gtx 680...

but then again it never had any issues before the fan started making noise....

and that was past its warrenty.

CPU: 6700k 4.6Ghz GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X MB: MSI Gaming M5 PSU: Evga 750 G2 Case: Phanteks EVOLV 

5 hours ago, Naeaes said:

Ahh consumer protection laws.. Still doesn't explain why Asus in particular.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

10 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Ahh consumer protection laws.. Still doesn't explain why Asus in particular.

Ah! It really doesn't, does it. :D Asus is carried by a huge importer, Also ltd. They're among very few operators on Finnish soil with the ability to keep constant stock on more than just the most sold products, which is important if I need the thing yesterday. They also carry Palit and MSI but out of those three, Asus GPUs shine in RMA stats. But it's GPUs only. The motherboards aren't really better or worse than others in the same price range and the laptops (excluding the G-series) are actually pretty bad these days. Lastly, Asus is the only one that provides customer service in Finnish. Doesn't really matter to me personally but my customers love it.

1 minute ago, Naeaes said:

Ah! It really doesn't, does it. :D Asus is carried by a huge importer, Also ltd. They're among very few operators on Finnish soil with the ability to keep constant stock on more than just the most sold products, which is important if I need the thing yesterday. They also carry Palit and MSI but out of those three, Asus GPUs shine in RMA stats. But it's GPUs only. The motherboards aren't really better or worse than others in the same price range and the laptops (excluding the G-series) are actually pretty bad these days. Lastly, Asus is the only one that provides customer service in Finnish. Doesn't really matter to me personally but my customers love it.

Oh so because there is a large stock of it there is better service? If that was the case in the rest of the world..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

MSI because the TwinFrozr cooler is just so nice and quiet...and i like MSI's branding in general.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Most People are influenced by Marketing Blabla.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Gigabyte get´s my vote

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO GPU: Asus Strix RTX 3090 OC Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz CL17

CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Capillex Storage: Samsung 980 Pro and 970 Evo 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 1TB Crucial MX300 525GB WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX1000 Case: Corsair 500D SE RGB 6x LL120

Yes, I forgot Gainward, fucking sue me. They are so small thought they make Galax look like EVGA 

4 minutes ago, Arct1c0n said:

Yes, I forgot Gainward, fucking sue me. They are so small thought they make Galax look like EVGA 

Small?.... Please don't post WITHOUT any research. The US market is a tiny fraction of the whole volumes sold. Gainward are fairly large.

BFG Tech

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

EVGA and MSI for sure.  I buy/sell a lot of secondhand hardware, so the transferable warranty is a godsend.  Plus I like their designs.  

For AMD it's Sapphire and XFX.

12 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Small?.... Please don't post WITHOUT any research. The US market is a tiny fraction of the whole volumes sold. Gainward are fairly large.

This poll was more geared for US market anyway

EVGA all the way every single day!

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 hour ago, Simon771 said:

EVGA all the way every single day!

Ung....

No real loyalty to be honest. Kind of depends on the situation. Yes, EVGA has great support and warranty, and they don't do the whole "It's an OC card, but woe betide you if you kill it while overclocking". They have occasionally somewhat botched it though. Like anyone I guess. Case in point, 970, I'd go with Gigabyte there, every time. For higher end stuff, yes, probably EVGA, since say a 980ti is more of an investment than a 970 or a 980.

So, mid range: Gigabyte

High end/flagship: EVGA/Gigabyte

Although if the support wasn't tipping the scales, I'd probably go for GB construction every time. I honestly cannot fault their cooling and construction quality. Aside for maybe some aesthetic builds clashing. Both bin chips well enough though, and overclocking is always a good selling point for free performance.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right