290x gets 7000+ marks in firestrike, faster than titan?

BlackOutCrisis

You dont like ref cards? Why over pay for water cooling? Dosnt help that much at all... sooo much is soo over rated when it comes to cpu cooling and gpu cooling.

Cause the custom pcb gfx cards will have binned CPUs lots of time and therefore OC better... And have better power delivery and therefore OC better... And water blocks for non ref cards aren't that much more than for ref cards

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Cause the custom gfx cards will have binned CPUs lots of time and therefore OC better... And have better power delivery and therefore OC better... And water blocks for non ref cards aren't that much more than for ref cards

I have seen this since 2004,  they dont OC better thats a myth. 

I have seen this since 2004,  they dont OC better thats a myth.

You might get lucky with a good chip on a ref card, but a binned gpu is a binned gpu

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Its not the first time either, I got their with a gtx 670 / 570 / 480  ect ect since 2004. With ALL ref gpus, I should go buy a 4770k  make  30 accounts and just take over every single first page and Troll.

I guess you have... my cousin has a ref 7970 that doesn't OC worth a crap, not to mention its loud as hell (I know we're talking about watercooling, just saying)

A water cooled card will perfrom better at stock speeds, then a card that is not water cooled. That part is obv, but when you start to OC a card. Water cooling or not has nothing to do with it, I have seen cards go farther not being water cooled at all lol. Sorry was abit drunkish and still am lol...

You would think on paper and by watching temps that water cooling improves performance and that is true at STOCK speeds. I agree with u there, BUT when it comes to OC... nah man 

not quite sure what you're saying here...  cooler temps improve performance at stock clocks but not when OC'd?  care to elaborate?

I want watercooling, I'd never buy a ref card... My 780 classy hydro is slated to be delivered on Monday...

It won't perform any better than a ref card with a waterblock on it and you payed more.

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo

Guys how long are we talking in terms of release dates? I don't know whether to upgrade to a ASUS 7970 3GB now or wait for these new amd cards, But how long am I looking at? If anyone knows Ofc, Cheers Guys

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

Guys how long are we talking in terms of release dates? I don't know whether to upgrade to a ASUS 7970 3GB now or wait for these new amd cards, But how long am I looking at? If anyone knows Ofc, Cheers Guys

It will be in October without a doubt for the 290X. Not sure on the rest of the GPU's.

They said at the AMD Hawaii event that you could start pre-ordering the R9 290X on October 3rd from select retailers. 

Based on the Oct. 3rd pre-order date, I am guessing some time from 15th-25th for the 290X.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Guys do what I'm doing and buy the R9 290X MSi Lightning Edition. I plan on buying one for now when those are released and maybe Crossfire in the future. Just buy the Lightning cards and nothing else... put the other vendors out of business :P.

My MSI 670 PE is freaking loud with a Twin Frozr so I'll switch over to an Asus DC2 next time

144Hz goodness

If you are not interested in the R9 290X, I'd say you can buy now, as the other cards are pretty much only rebadges of already available cards at quite similar price points.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log