Hero+4770K, Im so tensed Help

hi. just installed the cpu in mobo. connected wires and everything. i set up the mobo on the box of the hero just to confirm everything is working then i would install in the case.

when i booted up, got everything ok, then when i had to choose for windows i chose my windows 7 64bit which was running JUST FINE and ok about 10 mins ago. but when i choose it on this mobo i get blue screen for like 1 sec and system restarts and then i get the repair system option.

i repaired and restored back to a restore point. i have already done this once on my previous system and it went to normal working condition. but not here. i have been doing stuff for the past like 2 hours like removing all the cables and reconnecting everything. also removed one of the 2 ram sticks. i have one kingston 2gb 1333mhz ram and the other is also kingston 4gig 1333mhz stick for total of 6gigs.

what should i do? pls help me! i dont want to reinstall windows!

Current Rig: Intel core i7 4770K Stock 4.5G, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16Gb (8Gx2), 2x SLi Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 2Gb GDDR5 3X Windforce Edition, Corsair Hydro Series H100i (Push), JDS LABS O2/ODAC combo, Fiio E18 KUNLUN, Asus Xonar Essence STX (secondary PC), Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE 400i, Beyerdynamics DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm, Sennheiser HD 518, Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W 80+, Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced, Samsun4g DVD R/W Combo, 3X Cooler Master 120mm Blue LED fans, LG IPS 23EA73, Logitech G710 BLUE, BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Edition,Logitech G402 HYPERION FURY, Bloody Core V7, SteelSeries QcK Mass MiBR mouse pad

Did you use this hard drive with this Windows 7 on a previous build? If so you MUST reinstall the current Windows 7, because of driver incomparability, which is causing the problem.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Did you use this hard drive with this Windows 7 on a previous build? If so you MUST reinstall the current Windows 7, because of driver incomparability, which is causing the problem.

this is the same Hard drive i used like 10 min before installing in hero. its wd caviar green 1tb. why is this problem occuring when hard drive is not at all old, rahter its very famous one i guess

is there any other way to avoid new windows install?

Current Rig: Intel core i7 4770K Stock 4.5G, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16Gb (8Gx2), 2x SLi Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 2Gb GDDR5 3X Windforce Edition, Corsair Hydro Series H100i (Push), JDS LABS O2/ODAC combo, Fiio E18 KUNLUN, Asus Xonar Essence STX (secondary PC), Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE 400i, Beyerdynamics DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm, Sennheiser HD 518, Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W 80+, Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced, Samsun4g DVD R/W Combo, 3X Cooler Master 120mm Blue LED fans, LG IPS 23EA73, Logitech G710 BLUE, BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Edition,Logitech G402 HYPERION FURY, Bloody Core V7, SteelSeries QcK Mass MiBR mouse pad

Just do it. It's quicker and easier to deal with that figuring out drivers to fix.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

No, there isn't, because the chipset driver is not the same. You have no other option.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

this is the same Hard drive i used like 10 min before installing in hero. its wd caviar green 1tb. why is this problem occuring when hard drive is not at all old, rahter its very famous one i guess

when windows was installing on your previous motherboard, it'd be talking to the motherboard and it'd see how the motherboard works and it'd incorporate that with the install. so when you changed the motherboard, the hard drive suddenly thinks what the hell has happened to the old motherboard.

it's like having a language issue with another person, you can't really communicate effectively - and in your case, not at all!

sorry buddy. fresh install time!

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

damn it... should have known before... reinstalling would mean that i have to reinstall all my games, backing up my s**t, rearranging ALL the books, EVERY FREAKING THING!!!! my head is aching so bad right now. PC is awesome but these hiccups are soo soo frustrating... :(

anyways thanks guys for ur help. i just made a new account in ROG forums and posted the same question there and no one replied :(

any ways let get to reinstalling now... :(

pls pray for me

when windows was installing on your previous motherboard, it'd be talking to the motherboard and it'd see how the motherboard works and it'd incorporate that with the install. so when you changed the motherboard, the hard drive suddenly thinks what the hell has happened to the old motherboard.

it's like having a language issue with another person, you can't really communicate effectively - and in your case, not at all!

sorry buddy. fresh install time!

No, there isn't, because the chipset driver is not the same. You have no other option.

Just do it. It's quicker and easier to deal with that figuring out drivers to fix.

are u guys sure that after fresh install of windows this problem will be solved? pls reply!

are u guys sure that after fresh install of windows this problem will be solved? pls reply!

windows, when activated, checks the serial number of your motherboard and CPU. it'll then store this data on a server. if at a later date, you enter in the same code for windows and activate it again, the server will recognise that the same code has been activated twice and will check the newest activation for the same serial number on the CPU and mother board.

now i skim read and im assuming its the same processor, different motherboard. so you might have a problem here. the way you can get around this is by calling up microsoft and telling the person that your motherboard and harddrive burnt out and try and play the sympathy card by saying that its still the same computer (as this is what you license windows to) just different motherboard and hard drive.

everything to do with windows activation etc is from collective experience and by no means will be true. but it'll be worth a try.

if you dont fancy calling up microsoft to have a fully activated version of windows, theres a few ways to get around that, more towards the illegal route. this is where i stop giving advise for that :P

if you need anymore help, quote me ASAP as im heading to bed in half an hour!

i just re-read your first post again. fresh install ^ all above shouldnt be appropriate. if you can create a copy of your harddrive onto a second harddrive, you can transfer stuff back onto the main harddrive at a later date and create all of your folders etc. i did that when i did a fresh install onto my SSD

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

Unfortunately this is the only way... :(

windows, when activated, checks the serial number of your motherboard and CPU. it'll then store this data on a server. if at a later date, you enter in the same code for windows and activate it again, the server will recognise that the same code has been activated twice and will check the newest activation for the same serial number on the CPU and mother board.

now i skim read and im assuming its the same processor, different motherboard. so you might have a problem here. the way you can get around this is by calling up microsoft and telling the person that your motherboard and harddrive burnt out and try and play the sympathy card by saying that its still the same computer (as this is what you license windows to) just different motherboard and hard drive.

everything to do with windows activation etc is from collective experience and by no means will be true. but it'll be worth a try.

if you dont fancy calling up microsoft to have a fully activated version of windows, theres a few ways to get around that, more towards the illegal route. this is where i stop giving advise for that :P

if you need anymore help, quote me ASAP as im heading to bed in half an hour!

u know there is a very special reason i dont ever buy licensed windows! and that is all this bull crap about license terms and conditions.

anyways i guess my only option is to reinstall the windows. anyways thanks for ur kind help 

u know there is a very special reason i dont ever buy licensed windows! and that is all this bull crap about license terms and conditions.

anyways i guess my only option is to reinstall the windows. anyways thanks for ur kind help 

i can assure you that buying the license will save you alot in the future if you get caught! 

remember, piracy is bad.

Spoiler

Get this and post a screenshot of the error: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

i did the same for my hero/4770k on my test bench with old drivers and it wasn't

pretty, but i didn't get any blue screens or weirdness like that. tbh, i'd get another

drive since your other is occupied with games and such. clean install an OS drive

SSD 64GB (128GB for good measure) and use the green as a storage drive.

yeah it is more cash to do it, but no formatting of the other drive.

and if you do this, do not hook up the other drive until the new OS is installed.

here is a guide on doing so: LINKY deffo SSD optimized and worth the try..

i use it almost weekly for board testing..

airdeano

Bluescreening might be due some special conflict between drivers. You could try to manually remove all drivers in other working machine, clean registery, delete folders etc. and try it. Still there could be some little line of code left behind which makes it bsod. Fastest way is to do fresh install.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

i did the same for my hero/4770k on my test bench with old drivers and it wasn't

pretty, but i didn't get any blue screens or weirdness like that. tbh, i'd get another

drive since your other is occupied with games and such. clean install an OS drive

SSD 64GB (128GB for good measure) and use the green as a storage drive.

yeah it is more cash to do it, but no formatting of the other drive.

and if you do this, do not hook up the other drive until the new OS is installed.

here is a guide on doing so: LINKY deffo SSD optimized and worth the try..

i use it almost weekly for board testing..

airdeano

I've had windows 7 work once on a new board, and that was for a few days.  HOWEVER, Windows 8 I've done it twice now, even went from FX-6300 to an I7-2600K, I did reload it after 2 weeks but it never errored on me.  Windows 8 re-configures pretty well.

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

I've had windows work once on a new board, and that was for a few days.  HOWEVER, Windows 8 I've done it twice now, even went from FX-6300 to an I7-2600K, I did reload it after 2 weeks but it never errored on me.  Windows 8 reconfigures pretty well.

that's great, but the OP has win7 issues..

airdeano

This doesn't have anything to do with it being licensed.  it's a drivers problem

damn it... should have known before... reinstalling would mean that i have to reinstall all my games, backing up my s**t, rearranging ALL the books, EVERY FREAKING THING!!!! my head is aching so bad right now. PC is awesome but these hiccups are soo soo frustrating... :(

you don't have to reinstall steam games, or i believe origin games as well. just copy to another partition or disk, and when you install your OS, go to the steam folder and run application, steam will reinstall and all games should work, that is what even Linus did in his older videos just for show, and a lot of people have a dedicated Steam drive, that they just swap when they fresh install a OS or they get a new PC in general.

As far as your windows claim, License is a good thing and it gives you less headaches in situations like this, i believe in "Fair use" the same way i believe in Licenses, so try getting a licensed OS as often as you can!

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

that's great, but the OP has win7 issues..

airdeano

Ughh I typed there, I said windows instead of windows 7.  Stating that I've had windows 7 almost never work.

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

thanks to all of u guys for sweet help. replying here with new windows installed on haswell rig.

ps, MAN THIS THING IS HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! (TEMPS) LIKE WTF!!!!! :o

thanks to all of u guys for sweet help. replying here with new windows installed on haswell rig.

ps, MAN THIS THING IS HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! (TEMPS) LIKE WTF!!!!! :o

is that hot as in stock hot loaded or overclocked hot? and what is hot (temperature)?

did you format your 3.5 HDD?

airdeano

is that hot as in stock hot loaded or overclocked hot? and what is hot (temperature)?

did you format your 3.5 HDD?

airdeano

i had cm hyper 212+ in the last build. i put that in this mobo on the cpu but the tension of the socket connector was so so so hard i was 110% sure if i would have put some more pressure the mobo would have broken!! dont know if hyper 212+ is compatible with 1150 or not but the tension of the bracket was too much. would not recommend at all!

and yes temps are high because of the stock cooler. i used the stock cause of what i said about 212.

temps after 10 min round of bf3 are like 78-80C which for me is like WTF cause my i7 860 never went to those temps with 212.

no i didnt format any hard drive. just installed new copy of windows on the revious drive and everything else remained same. will delete the windows.old folder once get all the desktop stuff copied somewhere else. i use the 3tb green for my movies and other files stuff . 

thats more reliable option to use right?

pls check this

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60235-got-haswell-what-now/