MY FPS IS DROPPING A LOT

Oflakes

Hello Community Of LinusTechTips!

So one of the only games i play is CSGO. But suddenly i only have a max of 20 fps! I do not know WTF is going on. Please help cuz i only play 4:3.

Thanks!

what are your specs? you really need a crappy computer to get amount of fps.

PC || CPU - I5 3570K @4.5ghz|| Motherboard - Asrock Z77 extreme 4 || CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 || RAM - 1x8GB Vengeance Blue - XPG Adata 2x4GB's (16GB) || Graphics card - EVGA GTX 970 superclocked ACX 2.0 SLI || Storage- SEAGATE FIRECUDA 1TB ||PSU- Corsair AX750 watt gold rated|| Case- NZXT 340 WHITE

First of all im not sure if i have a virus (laptop)

Nvidia GTX 950M

Intel i7-4280

8 GB Ram

64-bit

2 minutes ago, Oflakes said:

First of all im not sure if i have a virus (laptop)

Nvidia GTX 950M

Intel i7-4280

8 GB Ram

64-bit

strange with those specs you shouldn't have that low fps maybe just run a virus scan or update drivers (reinstall windows)< that will surely fix it but first try other things maybe your laptop uses the onboard intel HD grapichs now check that, this could also be the fault.

PC || CPU - I5 3570K @4.5ghz|| Motherboard - Asrock Z77 extreme 4 || CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 || RAM - 1x8GB Vengeance Blue - XPG Adata 2x4GB's (16GB) || Graphics card - EVGA GTX 970 superclocked ACX 2.0 SLI || Storage- SEAGATE FIRECUDA 1TB ||PSU- Corsair AX750 watt gold rated|| Case- NZXT 340 WHITE

I'll do that in a minute and i think you're right cuz yesterday it was all good in the hood :D

22 minutes ago, Oflakes said:

Hello Community Of LinusTechTips!

So one of the only games i play is CSGO. But suddenly i only have a max of 20 fps! I do not know WTF is going on. Please help cuz i only play 4:3.

Thanks!

You need to tell us your computer specs before any one could help you.

It could have Changed the settings on you... I know some games do that sometimes, I'd do the following in order... Check settings, check drivers, check the files out using steam, look for people with the same problem and see if and how they fixed it, re install, check for viruses. I'd try those, and if they don't work... Try kicking it, that usually works on vending machines

Have you plugged in your adapter/charger into the wall and laptop?

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

I'm certain its using the onboard video instead of the 950M.

5 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

I'm certain its using the onboard video instead of the 950M.

10 minutes ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

Have you plugged in your adapter/charger into the wall and laptop?

These are also good things to check. Good ideas guys, I completely glanced over those