GTA V PC or Ps4?

Theminecraftaddict555

Not sure where to put this since I want both views from PC and console players 

I am currently planning to upgrade from the GTA V ps3 version and planning to get either the pc version or ps4 console just to play GTA V....

I am wondering which version will give me the best:

-the best pvp experience, since I am into pvp-ing in GTA V 

-Control schemes for combat in Pvp'ing

-Heist, missions, deathmatch etc, experience 

However, I am a little conflicted on buying either the pc and ps4 version....I feel like spending 400 dollars on a console just to play one game is not a well thought out purchase and I feel like servers are possibly dead in pc and that I won't be able to use my controller in single player mode on pc....Also I heard that PC has tons of hackers/aimbotters on there

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Is this even a question?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

2 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

I am currently planning to upgrade from the GTA V ps3 version and planning to get either the pc version or ps4 console just to play GTA V....

However, I am a little conflicted on buying either the pc and ps4 version....I feel like spending 400 dollars on a console just to play one game is not a well thought out purchase and I feel like servers are possibly dead in pc and that I won't be able to use my controller in single player mode on pc....Also I heard that PC has tons of hackers/aimbotters on there

PC, you could just plug in a ps4 or other controller if you want.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

1 minute ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Servers are full, I player often.

Controllers work both single player and Multiplayer. Little to no hackers and most hackers you can avoid by finding another match.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Just now, mcraftax said:

PC, you could just plug in a ps4 or other controller if you want.

Yeah I got my ps3 controller to fool windows of being an xbox 360 controller....Hopefully it will work 

pc you can have mods

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

1 minute ago, Ramamataz said:

Servers are full, I player often.

Controllers work both single player and Multiplayer. Little to no hackers and most hackers you can avoid by finding another match.

For PC correct?

Also what do you think about me buying 400 dollar ps4 just for GTA V?  Sounds crazy right?

1 minute ago, mcraftax said:

pc you can have mods

Another reason why I plan to buy the pc version....Vigilante mod 

1 minute ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

For PC correct?

Also what do you think about me buying 400 dollar ps4 just for GTA V?  Sounds crazy right?

Yes you can connect 360, PS3 Controllers usin

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

2 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

For PC correct?

Yes you can connect 360, PS3 Controllers using ( SCP server PS3)  or even PS4 controllers just look up simple tutorials online.

I would say pc but my pc version of gta5 has been nothing but god dam problems so I have rarely played it.  

1 hour ago, KE2012 said:

I would say pc but my pc version of gta5 has been nothing but god dam problems so I have rarely played it.  

Yeah I heard that the pc is plagued with bugs....But I'm pretty sure It's not even close to the bugs bethesda created on their fallout and skyrim games

Have it on both Xbox one and PC, looks a lot better on PC but I have so much more play time on Xbox one. Gta is pretty much all I've ever used my xbone for, have rocket league on both but play on the PC far more.

49 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Yeah I heard that the pc is plagued with bugs....But I'm pretty sure It's not even close to the bugs bethesda created on their fallout and skyrim games

Yeah, my game version hasn't worked 90% of the time,  (Including now, as so far no one has been able to get it up and running since some update however long ago) also when it did work it was nothing but a stuttery mess on my rig.

There are a ton of modders on PC, almost every lobby

op, what do you have for a pc?

Xeon e5-2670, Intel DX79sr, 16gb g.skill Ares, evga sc 780ti, antec 750 80 plus gold, Phantek Entho pro case

PC.

Because you can use either keyboard or controller... or both.

Res and frame rate is great when its higher on this game.

And talking with friends is easier on pc.

2 hours ago, online_olympian said:

op, what do you have for a pc?

r7 250x

i5 4460

12gb of ddr3 1600mhz crucial ram

9 hours ago, FloRolf said:

Is this even a question?

Yes, it has a question mark, so technically it is a question

In all seriousness though, I just kept hearing people say the ps4 is better on gta v especially the multiplayer....

1 minute ago, NickTheMajin said:

Definitely PS4 for the cinematic 30fps. 

image.jpg?w=400&c=1

Seriously though, the graphics are going to look nicer, you'll be able to play at higher frame rates, you'll be able to crank it up to higher resolutions including 4k if you have a TV/monitor that supports it and the aliasing and pop in in the PS4 version is atrocious. 

The PS4 might have a higher player base on multiplayer. If that's the only reason you want the game then by all means. 

3 minutes ago, NickTheMajin said:

Seriously though, the graphics are going to look nicer, you'll be able to play at higher frame rates, you'll be able to crank it up to higher resolutions including 4k if you have a TV/monitor that supports it and the aliasing and pop in in the PS4 version is atrocious. 

The PS4 might have a higher player base on multiplayer. If that's the only reason you want the game then by all means. 

Yeah, I'm downloading the game right now, getting tired of the fps drops on ps3.....But as much as I want to buy the ps4, it just doesn't make sense to spend 400 dollars on a system just to play gta v multiplayer and nothing else.  So hence why I decided to get gta V for pc, plus my friend also moved on from ps3 to PC...So there's another reason for me to get the pc version....Plus the amount of mods for single player also intrigues me to get the pc version too :)

12 hours ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Yeah I got my ps3 controller to fool windows of being an xbox 360 controller....Hopefully it will work 

DS3 tools you use? with a driver installed it thinks it is a xbox controller yes.

PC || CPU - I5 3570K @4.5ghz|| Motherboard - Asrock Z77 extreme 4 || CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 || RAM - 1x8GB Vengeance Blue - XPG Adata 2x4GB's (16GB) || Graphics card - EVGA GTX 970 superclocked ACX 2.0 SLI || Storage- SEAGATE FIRECUDA 1TB ||PSU- Corsair AX750 watt gold rated|| Case- NZXT 340 WHITE

2 hours ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Yeah, I'm downloading the game right now, getting tired of the fps drops on ps3.....But as much as I want to buy the ps4, it just doesn't make sense to spend 400 dollars on a system just to play gta v multiplayer and nothing else.  So hence why I decided to get gta V for pc, plus my friend also moved on from ps3 to PC...So there's another reason for me to get the pc version....Plus the amount of mods for single player also intrigues me to get the pc version too :)

The PC version is definitely better than PS4

(although a PS4 is worth getting for quite a few exclusives hence why I just got one) 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii