Vivaldi browser - fullscreen video issues

teeejay

Hey guys,

I started using Vivaldi. I wanted to try it for some time and when it finally hit the launch date I downloaded it.

But I have a problem with the playback of videos. When I hit fullscreen on Facebook for instance, the video is really choppy and basically it is unwatchable. But it doesn't do this on Netflix or Youtube.

I wasn't able to fix it.

Anyone else having the same problem?

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

I use Vivaldi daily but I had no such issue. I don't have fb to try it though.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

I use Vivaldi daily but I had no such issue. I don't have fb to try it though.

Hmm, that's weird. Do you have x64 version?

Do you have any special codecs installed or something like that?

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

4 minutes ago, teeejay said:

Hmm, that's weird. Do you have x64 version?

Do you have any special codecs installed or something like that?

I just use UBlock addon. I don't use Adobe Flash at all. Us x64.

6 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I just use UBlock addon. I don't use Adobe Flash at all. Us x64.

Got the exact same setup :/

I use Vivaldi as my primary browser now as well and I just tried looking at videos on facebook, both in SD and HD, in fullscreen. It was perfectly watchable with no noticeable chopping. Same on Netflix and youtube.

I use the 32bit version. (not much point to the 64bit version, the individual processes for each tab, extensions and what not will not use more than 3.5GB)

I manually installed Flash player for "chrome" from the Adobe website (because I don't actually have an instance of chrome installed so Vivaldi couldn't grab the Pepper flash from it, as it would if you do have chrome on your PC)

I also use the latest snapshot and not the current "stable".

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/teamblog/114-snapshot-1-2-479-8-more-keyboard-shortcuts-and-a-small-update-to-1-1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

21 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

I use Vivaldi as my primary browser now as well and I just tried looking at videos on facebook, both in SD and HD, in fullscreen. It was perfectly watchable with no noticeable chopping. Same on Netflix and youtube.

I use the 32bit version. (not much point to the 64bit version, the individual processes for each tab, extensions and what not will not use more than 3.5GB)

I manually installed Flash player for "chrome" from the Adobe website (because I don't actually have an instance of chrome installed so Vivaldi couldn't grab the Pepper flash from it, as it would if you do have chrome on your PC)

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/teamblog/114-snapshot-1-2-479-8-more-keyboard-shortcuts-and-a-small-update-to-1-1

Good idea, I'll try that!

26 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Btw, does it also allow for automatic updates?

8 minutes ago, teeejay said:

Btw, does it also allow for automatic updates?

The snapshot or the flash player?
Yes in both case.

Though honestly, the automatic update is slow as hell to download for me for some reason, so I just get the latest snapshot from the vivaldi blog and manually update it each time.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

The snapshot or the flash player?
Yes in both case.

Though honestly, the automatic update is slow as hell to download for me for some reason, so I just get the latest snapshot from the vivaldi blog and manually update it each time.

It fixed a problem just partially, but is is a bit better now.

1 minute ago, teeejay said:

It fixed a problem just partially, but is is a bit better now.

Good to know.

Vivaldi is still pretty much in it's infancy right now, sticking to the snapshot is probably the best idea until they iron out most of the bugs.