Monitor Suggestions

Looking for a monitor that is 27" or greater, has G-Sync, is IPS, a high refrsh rate.

Right now I'm thinking about the

Acer XB271HU

Asus ROG PG279Q

Right now their are both about $750-800

are there any similar monitors that are a little cheaper?

Thanks

Bump. I don't have any suggestions but I'm keen to look for a monitor similar to this.

I don't know of any cheaper monitors that have what you want

As for those two, they both have the same panel so are near identical, only difference is how they are put together where the Acer may have less bleeding, but just pick up the one that looks the nicest which imo is the Asus one.

5 hours ago, roughavoc said:

I don't know of any cheaper monitors that have what you want

As for those two, they both have the same panel so are near identical, only difference is how they are put together where the Acer may have less bleeding, but just pick up the one that looks the nicest which imo is the Asus one.

What do you think about refurbished or used monitors?

I recently purchased the Acer monitor, and I am loving it. I was worried about backlight bleed, but my monitor was fine out of the box. There is some IPS glow, but I don't notice it unless I'm looking for it and I have an all black image on.

When it comes to 27" IPS 1440p high refresh rate gsync monitors, the two you listed are pretty much all there is. I suppose if you want to save every penny possible, you can get the older PG278Q or XB270HU models, but you are only saving ~$50. 

CPU: Intel 4790k Cooler: Corsair h100i Mobo: ASUS Z97-A RAM: Corsair 16GB Vengeance 1866 GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 Storage: Crucial mx100 512GB & x3 2TB HDDs Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl PSU: Seasonic SSR-650RM Monitors: Acer XB271HU and Asus VG236 Keyboard: Corsair Gaming k70 RGB Mouse: Cyborg RAT 7 Headset: Sennheiser 558 + Antlion ModMic 4.0 Speakers: Harmon Kardon Soundsticks

24 minutes ago, remy_rouyer said:

What do you think about refurbished or used monitors?

used monitors of this quality usually have something wrong with them, otherwise why sell it (not saying all, just seem sketchy yknow)

Can also wait for the new line of monitors to start popping up with DP1.4 being around, maybe the prices of the others will fall