Shure SE215's any good?

orangecat

I need a new pair of earbuds for my phone and I've been looking at the Shure SE215 earbuds and they seem pretty good but I'm not 100% sure yet. If you own a pair let me know what you think of them.

Thought about getting them about a month ago, ended up going with the jaybird x2's instead. Wireless is nice.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Just now, Luc401 said:

Thought about getting them about a month ago, ended up going with the jaybird x2's instead. Wireless is nice.

I'm not a fan of wireless when it comes to audio.

Just now, Kilobytez95 said:

I was really skeptical at first too, but i really dont notice a delay or any distortion.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Just now, Luc401 said:

I was really skeptical at first too, but i really dont notice a delay or any distortion.

Yea but they need to be charged. I'm sure they sound just fine but I'm not looking for something I need to charge.

Ive been using them for over 2 years now. Sounds great, still works fine with daily usage. And you can buy cheap replacement comply earbuds from AliExpress for less than 1quid a pair. I'd say it''s a good buy

I own a pair and they sound great and are very comfortable. I just wish they were wireless. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

6 hours ago, Kilobytez95 said:

good, I own the jaybirds and the are not very detailed at all, they are typical wireless headphones in their sound quality aka the sound quality goes down.

the 215 is good if you like bass.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

12 hours ago, Kilobytez95 said:

I need a new pair of earbuds for my phone and I've been looking at the Shure SE215 earbuds and they seem pretty good but I'm not 100% sure yet. If you own a pair let me know what you think of them.

There are 2 different SE215, and both sounds pretty different.

For the normal SE215 (clear/smoke), sounds warm with rich bass.

For the Special Ed. SE215 (blue), sounds balance with good amount of details and tight bass.

[Music]

~Westone 4R(Reshelled) ~AKG K3003 ~AudioEngine A2+/White

[PC]

~Intel i5 6600K ~MSI Z170 Krait Gaming ~Sapphire Nitro R9 380X ~G.Skill RIPJAWS 8GB ~Seasonic G Series 650W ~CoolerMaster Seidon 120V Plus ~NZXT H440/White

9 minutes ago, PingKueh said:

For the Special Ed. SE215 (blue), sounds balance with good amount of details and tight bass.

I have heard that the blue once was different, but I just thought that it was a rumor.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 hours ago, Dackzy said:

I have heard that the blue once was different, but I just thought that it was a rumor.

At first, I do think was a rumor too, till I tried it myself. But 1 thing to take note. The cable length for both are different as well, the blue one has a short cable with around 1.16m, while the clear/smoke one has a longer 1.6m cable.

I would prefer the blue one as has better vocals presentation than the clear/smoke :)

Hope this helps

[Music]

[PC]

~Intel i5 6600K ~MSI Z170 Krait Gaming ~Sapphire Nitro R9 380X ~G.Skill RIPJAWS 8GB ~Seasonic G Series 650W ~CoolerMaster Seidon 120V Plus ~NZXT H440/White

I nearly bought a pair myself but durability came into question, especially with how you have to plug the cables into the buds versus a non-removable one. I ended up with the Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears, which have lasted a year with no visible damage. Sound quality on them is nice but V-shaped, I prefer a more neutral profile personally but it's not bad.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

5 hours ago, PingKueh said:

Are the special edition about the same price?

35 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

Yes

37 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

slightly higher in price. unless they got a price drop. :)

[Music]

[PC]

I had to make this decision few days ago as well after I returned jaybird blue bird x, I had to pick between the 215,  Dunn Titan 5 and the RHA m750i, I ended up going with the RHA and I'm glad I did they are freaking awesome and I got them for $100 on a sale, cos I heard a lot of people, as well as Linus, say that the replaceable cable on the 215 stops working, that might be a very small chance but still, so now to why I went with RHA, I did a lot of research on then turns out they have a lot of bass like the 215, have a over ear design as I use them for gym and they have never fallen out of ear , are made of stainless steel (which just gives them the premium look), have 3 year warranty. so yeah, you may have already bought the 215 so enjoy them, but this is just for other people out there in the same problem as you.

cheers and have a nice day :)