MS just announced removal of framerate caps in UWP games

2 hours ago, rhyseyness said:

Why can I still not change the download location of UWP apps.

That's what I wanna know.

If you're referring to installing it to a secondary internal drive, you can change the location by going to storage and changing the location (of new apps) to a different hard drive. If you're talking about changing the download location within 1 hard drive, then I have no idea. 

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

2 hours ago, Kobz360 said:

If you're referring to installing it to a secondary internal drive, you can change the location by going to storage and changing the location (of new apps) to a different hard drive. If you're talking about changing the download location within 1 hard drive, then I have no idea. 

Trying this when I get home.

If you're right, I'll be very happy and give you 100 internet points, haha :)

1 minute ago, rhyseyness said:

Trying this when I get home.

If you're right, I'll be very happy and give you 100 internet points, haha :)

hahaha no worries man, remember though, you can only change the locations of new apps which you install after you make the change. I was able to do this just before installed FM6 Beta (thank god) but yeah you should be right.

MS is adding support to change the install location of already installed apps a little later I believe though :)

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

1 minute ago, Kobz360 said:

hahaha no worries man, remember though, you can only change the locations of new apps which you install after you make the change. I was able to do this just before installed FM6 Beta (thank god) but yeah you should be right.

MS is adding support to change the install location of already installed apps a little later I believe though :)

FM6 beta is 100% the reason I want to do it :P

I found a registry edit online that apparently lets you change it, but then my PC wouldn't give me permission to actually perform the edit.

Hopefully I can change it and reinstall Forza to my secondary SSD now :)

Appreciate the help :)

6 minutes ago, rhyseyness said:

FM6 beta is 100% the reason I want to do it :P

I found a registry edit online that apparently lets you change it, but then my PC wouldn't give me permission to actually perform the edit.

Hopefully I can change it and reinstall Forza to my secondary SSD now :)

Appreciate the help :)

I managed to move Forza Motorsport 6: Apex from my SSD Boot Drive to my HDD Storage Drive by going:

Start -> Settings -> Apps -> Right Click Application -> Move.

It transferred the whole app over with no fuss at all. 

2 minutes ago, Daiyus said:

I managed to move Forza Motorsport 6: Apex from my SSD Boot Drive to my HDD Storage Drive by going:

Start -> Settings -> Apps -> Right Click Application -> Move.

It transferred the whole app over with no fuss at all. 

You guys are all fucking genius'!

THANK YOU SO MUCH :D

5 minutes ago, rhyseyness said:

You guys are all fucking genius'!

THANK YOU SO MUCH :D

You're welcome.

The amount of blind "gamer" rage in this thread is hilarious. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Great, as it should be. Now continue to add more features needed and all good.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

On 5/10/2016 at 9:49 PM, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Why lock fps in the first place?

Because not all devices which use UWP should have unlocked framerate. Phones also now have it officially. Before it was limited to v-sync.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

On 5/10/2016 at 4:42 PM, GoodBytes said:

Yea exactly my point. V-Sync is not turned on. If V-Sync is turned on, that graph line would be perfectly flat, and jump straight down to 15, and up to 30 in one shot under intense scene.

Vsync is turned on, there is no screen tearing on either in Witcher 3. They both use 60hz output, so if you look at the frame times they are perfectly flat, jumping from 16-33-50-66ms.

The frame rate is averaged over a second so its not perfectly flat. 

If its your job you should be able to recognize that fixed frametimes with no tearing indicates Vsync on.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

15 minutes ago, zMeul said:

Forza Motorsport: Apex devs have issued a patch that lets you disable V-Sync, but the 60FPS cap is still active -_-

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst62928_Forza-Motorsport-6--Apex-5-12-16-Content-Update-Release-Notes--UPDATE-4-47-PM-Pacific.aspx

Fine if you're trying to run the game at 120 or 144FPS, but does it really matter, especially since the game will feel like an unstable piece of shit if you're not running at a flat frame rate?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

7 hours ago, zMeul said:

Forza Motorsport: Apex devs have issued a patch that lets you disable V-Sync, but the 60FPS cap is still active -_-

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst62928_Forza-Motorsport-6--Apex-5-12-16-Content-Update-Release-Notes--UPDATE-4-47-PM-Pacific.aspx

5c88eef3-d75a-411f-9c22-59c5501d7fcd.jpg

You need to have the Windows 10 update, or it is the game that has a bug.

7 hours ago, Sharkyx1 said:

Vsync is turned on, there is no screen tearing on either in Witcher 3. They both use 60hz output, so if you look at the frame times they are perfectly flat, jumping from 16-33-50-66ms.

The frame rate is averaged over a second so its not perfectly flat. 

If its your job you should be able to recognize that fixed frametimes with no tearing indicates Vsync on.

I don't think you know what V-Sync is, and now you are saying that their fps counter is completely false?!

UWP in my opinion is sort of a double edged sword.

Its definitely a step in the right direction, allowing developers to port Xbox games to PC with ease. I don't agree with all the lock downs however. But I guess that could change (as just shown here) as the platform is still new. This time it looks like Microsoft is working hard to develop games for PC unlike all their other empty promises.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

28 minutes ago, sof006 said:

UWP in my opinion is sort of a double edged sword.

Its definitely a step in the right direction, allowing developers to port Xbox games to PC with ease. I don't agree with all the lock downs however. But I guess that could change (as just shown here) as the platform is still new. This time it looks like Microsoft is working hard to develop games for PC unlike all their other empty promises.

I completely agree.

It's definitely the future of programs we use on our computer BUT it's implementation isn't perfect.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

38 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I completely agree.

It's definitely the future of programs we use on our computer BUT it's implementation isn't perfect.

I strongly disagree that it is "the future of programs" because I want the future to be more open and allow developers to have fewer restrictions. UWP is designed from the group up to be the exact opposite of that.

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

You need to have the Windows 10 update, or it is the game that has a bug.

quote from the developer

[NOTE: As of this update, Forza Motorsport 6: Apex is still capped at a maximum frame rate of 60fps. The team is investigating adding support for higher framerates in a future update.]

So long as there are limitations on UWP games that are not present on standard PC games it will never take off. 

4 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I don't think you know what V-Sync is, and now you are saying that their fps counter is completely false?!

For this argument .

Vsync is  syncing frames  with the display. Therefore in 60hz output the frame times need to line up to multiples of 16.66ms

Am i wrong ? 

The fps counter is correct, but it's an average, I said if  you are looking for the straight up and down behaviour of vsync you should look at frame times 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

6 minutes ago, Sharkyx1 said:

For this argument .

Vsync is  syncing frames  with the display. Therefore in 60hz output the frame times need to line up to multiples of 16.66ms

Am i wrong ? 

The fps counter is correct, but it's an average, I said if  you are looking for the straight up and down behaviour of vsync you should look at frame times 

Its not an average. You have graph and is based on time.

Just now, GoodBytes said:

Its not an average. You have graph and is based on time.

Frames per second is an average over a whole second, DF uses that definition and that's why they started including frame times so you could see both data points

The value of the graph is based on half a second before and after the point in the graph. Taking the average of all the frames  in that  second 

5 minutes ago, Sharkyx1 said:

Frames per second is an average over a whole second, DF uses that definition and that's why they started including frame times so you could see both data points

The value of the graph is based on half a second before and after the point in the graph. Taking the average of all the frames  in that  second 

Nice recovery.