Can't wait!

Vague

New audio setup comes tomorrow. Sennheiser HD 598, Fiio e10 and Blue Snowball. This should be baller for fps gaming!

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

Lots of people talking about the Fiio E10 lately. I am considering getting one myself.

Nice set of equipment!

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Lots of people talking about the Fiio E10 lately. I am considering getting one myself.

Nice set of equipment!

Very cheap too. I was going to get Xonar STX for good positional and directional audio but alot of people of the forums told me i don't need virtual sound for that "hope it's true" 

Very cheap too. I was going to get Xonar STX for good positional and directional audio but alot of people of the forums told me i don't need virtual sound for that "hope it's true" 

Yeah, virtual sound is more of a marketing name. Humans have 2 ears and only 2 audio sources are needed. If you have never done it before, search on YouTure for 'virtual barber shop' while wearing headphones. You'll see why.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Yeah, virtual sound is more of a marketing name. Humans have 2 ears and only 2 audio sources are needed. If you have never done it before, search on YouTure for 'virtual barber shop' while wearing headphones. You'll see why.

This is me upgrading from Corsair headset lol. Always been used to headsets:P

Headsets are nothing different from headphones minus the mic, build quality and good sound. The barber shop thing works with any headphones/headset.

Also we wouldn't lie to you about the sound card ...

the barbershop audio thing (hrtf) is already built into the game audio 

the extra virtualizers on soundcards muddy up and make directional sound feel all over the place and vague. 

That's a great audio setup you got there. Great for music too, the HD598 are beast.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Headsets are nothing different from headphones minus the mic, build quality and good sound. The barber shop thing works with any headphones/headset.

Also we wouldn't lie to you about the sound card ...

I'm not saying that but it a bit confusing when one person saying Soundcards suck then you have another person saying they're good.

Edit: i miss typed stuff.

That's a great audio setup you got there. Great for music too, the HD598 are beast.

I love the colour to it :P

I'm not saying that but it a bit confusing when one person saying Soundcard suck then you have another person saying they suck.

Huh?

I think I know what you are trying to say. There are a select few on this section of the audio forum that know what they are talking about so don't get to caught up into everything.

Cool setup.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Huh?

I think I know what you are trying to say. There are a select few on this section of the audio forum that know what they are talking about so don't get to caught up into everything.

Sorry i miss typed.

So my setup arrived. Very good for music, haven't tested it out for competitive gaming yet but that will have to wait until later.

So my setup arrived. Very good for music, haven't tested it out for competitive gaming yet but that will have to wait until later.

I'm sure it will be more of the same.

Also, make sure you let your headphones burn in for about 20-50 hours.

What headphone burn in?

Been doing it seen i got them. Only going to burn them in for 24hours.

Is there any proof to support or to contradict headphone burn-in? Some say it is psychological, others say it is due to the headphones making a better seal on your head. Hasn't there been a single audiophile to actually put them on one of those testing heads,  letting them play, and measure them over time?

| Operating Systems: Arch Linux  /  Debian Linux  /  Windows 7 | Audio: Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D + AKG Q701 |

| Display: Samsung Syncmaster P2450H | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Black | Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL Brown | Mic: Samson C03U |

| Case: Corsair 600T | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K | GPU: AMD HD7950 | Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro | PSU: Corsair TX850M |

Is there any proof to support or to contradict headphone burn-in? Some say it is psychological, others say it is due to the headphones making a better seal on your head. Hasn't there been a single audiophile to actually put them on one of those testing heads,  letting them play, and measure them over time?

Yes: http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/06/sennheiser-hd-650.html

I think it was tyll from innerfidelity that did that burn in test

Of course it is from NwAVGuy :) He is probably the only one that won't look ridiculous if it turned out to be a myth. What's the worst that could have happened to him? Getting banned from head-fi by mad audiophiles ;)

| Operating Systems: Arch Linux  /  Debian Linux  /  Windows 7 | Audio: Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D + AKG Q701 |

| Display: Samsung Syncmaster P2450H | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Black | Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL Brown | Mic: Samson C03U |

| Case: Corsair 600T | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K | GPU: AMD HD7950 | Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro | PSU: Corsair TX850M |

Of course it is from NwAVGuy :) He is probably the only one that won't look ridiculous if it turned out to be a myth. What's the worst that could have happened to him? Getting banned from head-fi by mad audiophiles ;)

I wish he'd done it with another headphone that changes more, but this is better than nothing I guess.