battlefield 1 (what does captured in engine means) ?

maria2244

skip to 3.37

I'm MARIA 23 years old Girl (Female) .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

Used to game engine to create the footage, ingame essentiallly

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Rendered using the GPU in REALTIME

Not a pre-rendered video, but rendered ON THE SPOT.

AFAIK.,

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

it means they didnt cheat with the trailer like cod and ubisoft always do.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

2 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

AFAIK.,

It just means it uses the game engine to render the scenes. It can still be pre-rendered, but it's not CG created using external programs. 

2 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

1 minute ago, ChrisCross said:

Well, all they are technically saying is it was made with the game engine.

They're not saying a gaming GPU rendered that footage in real time. They're not saying the settings for that engine when the game ships will be the same as the ones used for the trailer.

14 minutes ago, ChrisCross said:

have you seen the cod trailer? it looks like it's from 2010.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It's rendered in the game's engine using assetts that can usually be used in the actual game. If they keep it the way it is on the trailer then great! but i can almost garuntee that they will tone down the visuals to cater for lower end systems *cough cough* consoles *cough cough*

EVE (My Gaming Build)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ Stock Speeds - Cooling: Phanteks TC-12DX - PSU: Corsair RM750 - GPU: MSI GTX 1070 - Storage: 1x 120gb Samsung 830 Evo SSD (OS Drive) | 1x 120gb Hyperx 3k SSD (Audio Editing) | 1x 480gb Sandisk Ultra II SSD (Games) | 1x 1TB Hard Drive (Mass Storage) - Case: NZXT Phantom 530 - Misc: NZXT Hue RGB LED and controller

18 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Used to game engine to create the footage, ingame essentiallly

Like he said. It uses the engine to render. It is possible for this o be gameplay, but things like HUD and perspective would prevent this.

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

9 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

have you seen the cod trailer? it looks like it's from 2010.

I cant wait to play battlefield 1

164 days

6 hours

and 15 minutes

I'm MARIA 23 years old Girl (Female) .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

In-Engine means it's running on the game engine with the game assets but they script it to make it a cinematic and also use a really high resolution to have no aliasing.
You can expect Battlefield 1 to look pretty much like in the trailer.
Here's the Battlefront in-engine trailer the final game looked pretty much like this and Battlefield 1 is running on an updated version of that engine.

RTX2070OC 

It's important to keep in mind that while it was rendered in the game engine, it's heavily scripted and choreographed. The actual gameplay will ideally have similar visual fidelity, but it's not going to look as (sorry for using this word) "cinematic" as it does in the trailer. You won't get these camera angles, and the soldiers and vehicles won't always animate like this.