Good capacitors

BlargKing

Check www.digikey.ca, or http://ca.mouser.com/. You might find the caps you need cheaper, at one of those.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

You could try desoldering those caps from a dead motherboard, they are pretty common. Also, Rubycon is a quite high-quality brand, so, if your desperately repair this motherboard, go for it.

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

On 5/9/2016 at 1:04 PM, BlargKing said:

Okay I've been looking on ebay and I found exact replacements for all the capacitors. 15$ gets me enough of all the types to replace every cap on the board. Ill just get Rubycon ones as they come up on ebay a lot.

I'm fairly certain that the problem is just the caps and not any external issues, given that this computer came from the time when bad caps were a common problem. 

Do not get capacitors from eBay, they are fake most of the time. Use mouser or digikey.

`

On 5/10/2016 at 2:09 PM, klh2000 said:

Do not get capacitors from eBay, they are fake most of the time. Use mouser or digikey.

Okay. Ill look around for reputable vendors. 

Nippon Chemicon is the best

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Just want to let you know, often when you see caps like that it is not because the cap's are what initially failed, but a different issue that caused them to fail. Those are not simply just old bulged caps, It looks like they went fast. I would bet something else in that power delivery circuit is what failed. That or the power supply you are using took them out.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

You can buy other brands, and even higher voltage ones. Just make sure they fit, are the same capacitance and are rated for an equal or higher voltage.

On 5/17/2016 at 1:40 AM, bob345 said:

Just want to let you know, often when you see caps like that it is not because the cap's are what initially failed, but a different issue that caused them to fail. Those are not simply just old bulged caps, It looks like they went fast. I would bet something else in that power delivery circuit is what failed. That or the power supply you are using took them out.

Was just about to say exactly this :)

On 5/9/2016 at 2:21 AM, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Replace the motherboard/computer, it isn't worth fixing. 

no,

fix it, it's a good way to learn, it's a good way to experiment.

just giving up is the lazyest way to get past the problem

as others have said, you're good as long as they have the same Capacitance ( and are good quality )

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

2 hours ago, Mihemine said:

no,

fix it, it's a good way to learn, it's a good way to experiment.

just giving up is the lazyest way to get past the problem

as others have said, you're good as long as they have the same Capacitance ( and are good quality )

Potentially wasting the $20 the OP is willing to spend on capacitors on a motherboard that isn't worth $20 working. 

Just because you can and it is educational doesn't mean you should. If the OP wanted to learn fix something, he should fix a broken amp or something that is actually worth money.