Which Cpu cooler

Ts2001

Hi,

So i just got an amazing deal on i7 4470k + asus sabertooth tuf motherbord for 260 euros.

so i have some cash spare left over around 200. euros

What is the best cpu cooler i can get? (preferably but not necesserarily a watercooler)

1 hour ago, Ts2001 said:

Hi,

So i just got an amazing deal on i7 4470k + asus sabertooth tuf motherbord for 260 euros.

What is the best cpu cooler i can get? (preferably but not necesserarily a watercooler)

evo 212 v2

11 minutes ago, Ts2001 said:

Hi,

Is that 200 euros for the rest of the system? Or just the cooler, if so, either a h110, x61 or noctua nh-d15

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Is that 200 euros for the rest of the system? Or just the cooler, if so, either a h110, x61 or noctua nh-d15

just the cooler

If youve got 200€ go for a custom loop. You could get a decent one :D

|| i7-4790k | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Corsair RM650i 80+ Gold | Corsair 200R ||

NZXT X61

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3

Noctua NH-D15

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 minute ago, Ts2001 said:

just the cooler

Then those 3 are my suggestion

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

2 minutes ago, Popi said:

If youve got 200€ go for a custom loop. You could get a decent one :D

Is it difficult?

Just now, Ts2001 said:

Is it difficult?

Not really, if you know what youre doing.

|| i7-4790k | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Corsair RM650i 80+ Gold | Corsair 200R ||

1 minute ago, Popi said:

Not really, if you know what youre doing.

I will remember that suggestion

thx for the suggestions guys

Avoid a closed loop AIO if you can. Either go for a high end air cooled solution, an enthusiast grade AIO or a full custom loop. Ingnore the custom loop as I doubt you could fit it into that budget. Here are my reccomendations: 

• Noctua NHD15, NHD15S and NHD14. Pretty much depends how much space you have to work with. Obviously the 15 will offer the best preformance. If you run into ram clearance look at the NHD15S which is made for good ram clearance. If night, or some other type of clearance issue is stopping you look at the smaller NHD14 which uses a 120mm and 140mm respectively, rather than the 140mm and 150mm on the NHD15 and as a result uses a smaller heatsync. Bit quieter too. 
  • BeQuiet DarkRock 3 and DarkRock Pro 3. Both offer similar preformance to the Noctua coolers, with a bit more asthetic appeal. Their mounting solution is hell though. The Pro is slightly larger and utilises a dual tower design. 
  • EKWB Predator 240 and 360. These are enthusiast grade AIOs that are open and made from the same components found in EKs custom components. It comes in three variants: a 240, a 240 with a disconnect for GPU expansion and a 360 with a disconnect. They will perform better, be quieter, last longer and be easier to deal with if somthing does go wrong. 

Hope I helped :D

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

I never have problems installing Be Quiet coolers, but the consensus is its not as pleasant as Noctua and the like. Unless you keep taking out your cooler for some reason, is it worth even considering? 

How much are you thinking of overclocking? Personally I think going for huge, high end coolers are a waste of money for most. If you want to stay with a mild / average OC, something like the Shadow Rock Slim is great. Otherwise, post above mine is a nice summary 

2 hours ago, nster said:

I never have problems installing Be Quiet coolers, but the consensus is its not as pleasant as Noctua and the like. Unless you keep taking out your cooler for some reason, is it worth even considering? 

It's similar to the argument of getting a case with easy cable management options. Some people value not having to stress when installing a heatsink. I've had many times where I struggle for 10 minutes or so just to put in one badly placed screw. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 5/10/2016 at 8:36 PM, WoodenMarker said:

It's similar to the argument of getting a case with easy cable management options. Some people value not having to stress when installing a heatsink. I've had many times where I struggle for 10 minutes or so just to put in one badly placed screw. 

idk, CM matters more because of looks, how much longer you can spend on it, it being affected by most changes in your computer etc. I don't think BQ coolers have low quality mounting solution, just a more frustrating one. In the specific case of Be Quiet, I think the pros definitively outway the cons. I haven't tested the most recent Cooler Master options, but I usually end up spending more time installing Hyper 212+ / EVO coolers than Shadow Rock Slim or Dark Rock 3 coolers

On 5/11/2016 at 5:53 PM, nster said:

idk, CM matters more because of looks, how much longer you can spend on it, it being affected by most changes in your computer etc. I don't think BQ coolers have low quality mounting solution, just a more frustrating one. In the specific case of Be Quiet, I think the pros definitively outway the cons. I haven't tested the most recent Cooler Master options, but I usually end up spending more time installing Hyper 212+ / EVO coolers than Shadow Rock Slim or Dark Rock 3 coolers

Cooler Master isn't known for great mounting solutions. Noctua was what I had in mind. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.