Cloudflare Anti-DDOS Page Just Deleted My Post

I have just finished typing a post which took ~20 minutes. I pressed the submit button, and the Cloudflare anti-ddos page ate my post. I can't get it via any sort of back button tricks. IMO, something really should be done about this, whether it is storing posts in a client-side cookie or removing this anti-ddos page. Cloudflare's default transparent anti-ddos should, in theory, be fine as long as you aren't getting DDOSed right now.

It is supposed to retain things like that, but if it doesn't, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do.

5 hours ago, john01dav said:

should, in theory, be fine as long as you aren't getting DDOSed right now

We didn't just turn on the DDoS mode for fun.

HTTP/2 203

50 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

We didn't just turn on the DDoS mode for fun.

All right, but, you would be supervised how common that is (people say "I'm just going to turn this annoying thing on just because it looks cool"). I was hoping that was the case here such that the forums could become more user-friendly.

EDIT: You might want to add a warning to copy posts to the clipboard before submitting if you can't fix the issue. This would have solved it in my case.

@john01dav

If you're using Firefox or Chrome, Lazarus:Form Recovery is a lifesaver, it's an add-on that makes backups of the things you type allowing you to recover stuff if the browser crashes or some other things like what you experienced happens.

You can check it out here:

1. Firefox : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-uS/firefox/addon/lazarus-form-recovery/
  2. Chrome : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lazarus-form-recovery/loljledaigphbcpfhfmgopdkppkifgno?hl=en

It's free.