Budget stereo speaker amp

Kenna

Hey there I have just won a bid on a pair of kef ls50 speakers for around 1250 AUD.

I am now looking for a reasonable priced amp. Being quite broke now my ideal budget is around 500-1000 aud, (300 usd to around 700usd).I will stick with the setup for a long time so I dont mind paying a bit more, but 1000aud is really stretching my budget so the cheaper the better.  

The kef's have a power requirement of 25w-100w. 

48 minutes ago, Kenna said:

No they don't. They have a thermal limit of 25-100W.

But anyway. Just pick an amplifier from a respectable brand with the features you need. It's not like you're going to notice the difference in sound quality between two high-end amps anyway.

1 hour ago, Kenna said:

Hey there I have just won a bid on a pair of kef ls50 speakers for around 1250 AUD.

I am now looking for a reasonable priced amp. Being quite broke now my ideal budget is around 500-1000 aud, (300 usd to around 700usd).I will stick with the setup for a long time so I dont mind paying a bit more, but 1000aud is really stretching my budget so the cheaper the better.  

Go for the Yamaha R-S201 or the R-S300.

Really you could even go on craigslist (or a website similar to it) and buy a used receiver.