Looking for a good closed back headphone under $260

I'm looking for a good pair of closed back portable headphones that have a good sound stage, a good sound signature for all music genres and gaming.

Budget $260.

Thanks in advance for the help.

8 minutes ago, QuantumXD said:

I'm looking for a good pair of closed back portable headphones that have a good sound stage, a good sound signature for all music genres and gaming.

Budget $260.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Astro A40.  Closed back. Comes with MixAmp Pro, which is sooooooo useful, very customizable (settings and aesthetics).

Pretty much the perfect headset for gaming.

http://www.astrogaming.com/a40-tr-headset-%2B-mixamp%E2%84%A2-pro-tr/A40-MIXAMP-TR.html

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

10 minutes ago, QuantumXD said:

HyperX Cloud IIs are my copy-paste answer, regardless of budget. They sound quite accurate and nice (though I haven't properly tried the "audiophile class" headphones, they have really good noise cancellation, surround sound etc etc but the most important thing about them is that they are super comfortable. I often forget I am wearing them (can barely feel around my ears and cannot feel on top of my head) but they still seal nicely.

They are probably not exactly what you are looking for, but I can highly recommend them nethertheless.

If I've said something wrong, please correct me

My Builds:

Peripherals: 
Keyboard: Roccat TKL Pro Cherry MX blue, Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD, Headset: Currently apple earbuds, planning to upgrade to hyperx cloud or hyperx cloud 2 
Really Old Desktop 
 Processor: Intel Core i7 920, Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-FX58-DS4, RAM: 9GB Corsair XM3 (3*3GB in triple channel) 600 or 800mhz, Graphics Card: Asus 8400GS passive, Asus GT630 4GB if i can get it working, Case: Cheapo Throwout case with most of the standoffs missing, HDD: Some old 80GB hard drive, PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 550w, Monitor: 32" Kogan TV, OS: Fedora 13 
 Laptop Which I Use For Everything: 
Processor: Intel Core i5 3337U, RAM: 8GB (2*4GB) 1600MHZ, Graphics Card: Nvidia 710m HDD/SSD: WD Black2 Dual Drive, OS: Windows 8.1 
 40 GB/s Network Tester
Processor: Some really good Intel Core i3, Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3, Ram: Corsair Value Select 4GB (2*2GB) 1600MHZ, Graphics Card: Integrated, Case: Some 1U rackmount mini-itx case with no front bays, HDD: Seagate Momentus 5400, 250GB 2.5" 5400RPM, PSU: Enchance 250W 80+ Bronze 1U power supply, CPU cooler: Cooljag double ball bearing 1U cooler (70DB! 70DB!), NIC: Mellanox 40Gb/s QSFP+ PCIe 3.0 8x NIC, Monitor: any ones lying around, or 32" Kogan TV, OS: CentOS 6.2 (I Think)
Planned 100Gb/s Newtork Tester
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790k, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Impact, Ram: Kingston or G.Skill 8GB 2400MHZ Low Profile, Graphics Card: Integrated, Case: 1U Rackmount ITX case, HDD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, PSU: Enchance 250W 80+ Bronze 1U power supply, CPU cooler: Cooljag double ball bearing 1U cooler (70DB! 70DB!), NIC: Mellanox 100Gb/s PCIe 3.0 16x NIC, Monitor: Any lying around or 32" Kogan TV, OS: Fedora 22 or CentOS

AKG K553 pro.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

6 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

Astro A40.  Closed back. Comes with MixAmp Pro, which is sooooooo useful, very customizable (settings and aesthetics).

Pretty much the perfect headset for gaming.

http://www.astrogaming.com/a40-tr-headset-%2B-mixamp%E2%84%A2-pro-tr/A40-MIXAMP-TR.html

Just why????

3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Just why????

Cos I have them and they are great.

AMERICA

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

18 minutes ago, Aytex said:

DT770

How do these compare with the custom one pro?

Just now, QuantumXD said:

How do these compare with the custom one pro?

If you don't mind reading a little, heres a small review

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633349/beyerdynamic-dt-770-80-vs-custom-one-pros-quick-comparison

overall your going to need an AMP to run the 770's at its full potential

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

overall your going to need an AMP to run the 770's at its full potential

No wrong.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Aytex said:

for the pro, yea??

Onboard is just fine as long as you didn't get the cheapest motherboard you could find.

7 minutes ago, QuantumXD said:

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

for the 250ohms one?

Can I run the 250ohms version with my Fiio E07K Andes?

for the 250ohms one?

The 250 ohm ones can run on most mid end motherboard.

2 minutes ago, QuantumXD said:

Can I run the 250ohms version with my Fiio E07K Andes?

yuh, Dackzy is saying it can run on mostly anything at its 100% potential???

so I guess

1 minute ago, rhyseyness said:

NO.

Just because they're high impedance doesn't mean they need an amp.

@Dackzy I thought I'd save you the hassle ;)

EDIT: Ah you beat me

Yes I taught someone something YES!:) 

yuh, Dackzy is saying it can run on mostly anything at its 100% potential???

so I guess

Thanks for the trust :) 

There isn't really a reason to get the 250 ohm over the 80 ohm...

My golden rule is to try the headphones with your own solution before you buy a amp.

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Yes I taught someone something YES!:) 

Thanks for the trust :) 

There isn't really a reason to get the 250 ohm over the 80 ohm...

My golden rule is to try the headphones with your own solution before you buy a amp.

isn't  higher impedance better if you have an amp dou? (or am i wrong :D)

Nah, if everything in the headphones is the same the 250ohm version should sound the same as the 80 ohm version. I will check if the FR are the same for the 250 and 80, if they arent they have change more than just the ohm.

6 minutes ago, Aytex said:

I can't find anything that shows a difference in FR, but some people say the bass is tighter in the higher Ohm versions, but I would more call that for wish thinking, like when you tell people one thing is cheap and the other one is expensive and they say the expensive one is the best, even though they are the same thing.

Just now, rhyseyness said:

I'm fed up of seeing you have to say it 1000000 times a day! 

Well people gotta know the truth. xD I will bet that some people hate me because I always correct people and tell the truth. I don't mind if they do...

Just now, Dackzy said:

Well people gotta know the truth. xD I will bet that some people hate me because I always correct people and tell the truth. I don't mind if they do...

You're doing the right thing.

I'm trying to help you fight the good fight!

I don't know how you don't get fed up of it! xD