[ASK] How to make WIndows 10 easier in the EYES of DESKTOP USERS

anticeon

Have a look at image in my attachment. it is a Windows 7 and its so easy to distinguish each software. In Windows 10 everything look same, everything look white, everything look flat. its good when using side by side software, or full screen software, but when we do multitasking which is more than 4 software Windows 10 looks stupid because its not pleasant in the eyes. so is there any tips to make Windows 10 more eye friendly ? 

Untitled.png

maybe try to go less crazy on multitasking?

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

your adobe ilustrator looks pretty flat to me

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

7 minutes ago, DXMember said:

your adobe ilustrator looks pretty flat to me

lol yeah that is exception ... ilustrator is full screen software btw ... similar to DAW or Video Editor. 

14 minutes ago, Rune said:

Downgrade to Windows 7.

That is doesn't look like a tips :D

11 minutes ago, another random person said:

maybe try to go less crazy on multitasking?

If i want to do one software at a time i just install Windows XP then :D

i like HEAVY multitasking that is why i always like the new windows wich is getting lighter and lighter, but their Interface just so unpleasant.

1 minute ago, anticeon said:

That is doesn't look like a tips :D

Unfortunately, the look and feel of windows 7 is something you will have to give up when natively upgrading. I miss it very much...hate the flat look, but I live with it for the better game performance on windows 10.

31 minutes ago, anticeon said:

Have a look at image in my attachment. it is a Windows 7 and its so easy to distinguish each software. In Windows 10 everything look same, everything look white, everything look flat. its good when using side by side software, or full screen software, but when we do multitasking which is more than 4 software Windows 10 looks stupid because its not pleasant in the eyes. so is there any tips to make Windows 10 more eye friendly ? 

Untitled.png

you downloaded windows 10..

you're on your own.

bad bad mistake.

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

4 minutes ago, Rune said:

Unfortunately, the look and feel of windows 7 is something you will have to give up when natively upgrading. I miss it very much...hate the flat look, but I live with it for the better game performance on windows 10.

yup man.. thats why i love to migrate to Win 10.. the performance of software, gaming and latency are far better than Windows 7. but White Flat UI just a bit ridiculous ...

Compared to Google Material Flat Design its far better because i can distinguish between each apps very fast.

Material-Design-app-template-[1].jpg

You can always theme Windows 10, but I do agree about it been flat, there going for minimalist black it seems, while googles is minimalist and colourful, but I spend most of my Windows 10 life in games so I don't really see it 

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

5 minutes ago, xTrixieHD said:

you downloaded windows 10..

you're on your own.

bad bad mistake.

It isn't the end of the world. Seven just looks better. The snapping tool on ten is actually WAY more useful.

desktop.jpg

I want Microsoft to release an OS that combines the performance of 10 with the stability and look of 7 and the easy access to power user features of vista. I would buy the crap out of that.

Just now, Rune said:

It isn't the end of the world. Seven just looks better. The snapping tool on ten is actually WAY more useful.

desktop.jpg

I want Microsoft to release an OS that combines the performance of 10 with the stability of 7 and the easy access to power user features of vista. I would buy the crap out of that.

One of the biggest gripes i have with 10 is the way it forces itself onto your pc...

Huh, what's this....

AHHHHHH HOLY FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD WHERE'S THE CANCEL BUTTON.

nooo1.JPG

weeeehaeell.JPG

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

1 minute ago, xTrixieHD said:

One of the biggest gripes i have with 10 is the way it forces itself onto your pc...

Huh, what's this....

AHHHHHH HOLY FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD WHERE'S THE CANCEL BUTTON.

There it is :P

weeeehaeell_JPG_bd0544b48897e25c8bf4421a

Just now, Rune said:

There it is :P

weeeehaeell_JPG_bd0544b48897e25c8bf4421a

No no, you don't understand. it comes back even after i end the demon in task manager.

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

Just now, xTrixieHD said:

No no, you don't understand. it comes back even after i end the demon in task manager.

Well yes, it will do that because Microsoft told it to. But you just have to be stronger than the pop up. Believe in yourself!

3 minutes ago, Rune said:

Well yes, it will do that because Microsoft told it to. But you just have to be stronger than the pop up. Believe in yourself!

bloody hell, some logic....

you have to accept the download to cancel it.....

my days..

wow.JPG

Don't give up, don't give in, (RAGE HARD) Young and strong on the wings of tomorrow!

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

30 minutes ago, anticeon said:

i like HEAVY multitasking that is why i always like the new windows wich is getting lighter and lighter, but their Interface just so unpleasant.

is that laptop you're using? the screen is way too small for heavy multitasking

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

20 minutes ago, xTrixieHD said:

Use this batchsript (.bat)

wusa /uninstall /kb:2952664 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:2976978 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:2977759 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:2990214 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3021917 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3022345 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3035583 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3044374 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3068708 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3075249 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3080149 /norestart /quiet
pause

26 minutes ago, XDroidie626 said:

You can always theme Windows 10, but I do agree about it been flat, there going for minimalist black it seems, while googles is minimalist and colourful, but I spend most of my Windows 10 life in games so I don't really see it 

Yup man.. for gaming of course Win 10 win... but I dont do Steaming thats why interface is imprtant for me :D 

26 minutes ago, Rune said:

desktop.jpg

I want Microsoft to release an OS that combines the performance of 10 with the stability and look of 7 and the easy access to power user features of vista. I would buy the crap out of that.

I use Windows 7 in 720p still easier than Interface of Windows 10 in 1080p lol

the image you posted is just 1366x768

your screen is just waaaaay too small for any kind of multitasking whether it be windows 7 or 8 or 10

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

1 minute ago, anticeon said:

Yup man.. for gaming of course Win 10 win... but I dont do Steaming thats why interface for me :D 

thanks mate

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

4 minutes ago, Zenedge said:

the image you posted is just 1366x768

your screen is just waaaaay too small for any kind of multitasking whether it be windows 7 or 8 or 10

I cant afford 1080p notebook mate.. dont blame me :P

3 minutes ago, xTrixieHD said:

thanks mate

It only temporary tho ... they will force you by another patch next month .... :(

I don't know, I have no problem on my side, and I do mostly productivity work over gaming by considerable margin, and multi-task a lot, including using virtual desktop feature. I don't see or understand your problem. To me every program looks different, I have no issue ID them.

The only difference I can see, is that Windows 7 has transparent/glass borders, while Windows 10 doesn't, so I don't get how programs looks any different.

Programs don't look any different really, you're talking about the Windows 7 Aero styling vs the Windows 10 Metro styling - which really just changes the frame of the window.

For multitasking more efficently? More desktop space.

At work and at home I use multi monitor setups - at home I have 4K which helps even more.

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

Learning to use the new multitasking panes and multiple desktops might help. Funny enough my multitasking is better with 10 because of it's flat design. 

Lord of Helium.

On 04/05/2016 at 11:59 AM, anticeon said:

Yup man.. for gaming of course Win 10 win... but I dont do Steaming thats why interface is imprtant for me :D 

See I use Windows 7 for work we have to, simply put if you don't want to/have to upgrade don't, until they completely kill updates for 7 which wont be until around 2020 at least you'll be fine.

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

On 04/05/2016 at 10:07 PM, GoodBytes said:

I don't know, I have no problem on my side, and I do mostly productivity work over gaming by considerable margin, and multi-task a lot, including using virtual desktop feature. I don't see or understand your problem. To me every program looks different, I have no issue ID them.

The only difference I can see, is that Windows 7 has transparent/glass borders, while Windows 10 doesn't, so I don't get how programs looks any different.

On 05/05/2016 at 8:59 AM, Jarsky said:

Programs don't look any different really, you're talking about the Windows 7 Aero styling vs the Windows 10 Metro styling - which really just changes the frame of the window.

For multitasking more efficently? More desktop space.

At work and at home I use multi monitor setups - at home I have 4K which helps even more.

Of course program look same .. but in Windows 7 i can easily distinguish between software. i work like a mac people.

i do browsing, writing in word and then playing video in Windowed mode. sometimes i do illustrator and Photoshop.

there is not much different if ALL programs are maximize, but i mostly work in Windowed mode. and Windows 8 and 10 is so unpleasant.

On 05/05/2016 at 10:12 AM, Burusutazu said:

Learning to use the new multitasking panes and multiple desktops might help. Funny enough my multitasking is better with 10 because of it's flat design. 

Yes, app management and virtual desktop is amazing. my problem is in the User Interface Style.

but. i use Logitech mouse so i already have Windows 10 app switch before Win 10 released :D provided by Logitech software.

Untitled.png