PC boots into Bios but wont boot into OS

Bacon8tor
1 hour ago, berderder said:

If the CPU overheats the system will shut down to protect itself. I doubt it would do that straight away on boot though. It'd probably have to be on for a few more minutes than that, maybe like a half hour. Your work computer is liquid cooled? That's interesting. Anyway, now that the cooling system is better in place let us know what happens

yea it is, I bought the FX-8350 with an AMD AIO water cooler just like a 140mm rad 2 fans(although I replaced them with some corsasir SP fans) , but this was justmy old hardware then I got the money to buy intel so I did. and this stumps every computer at work but the new servers I bought which are dual 6 core Xeon's nothing like liunus' freaking 44 cores and 88 threads. But yea its ok 

The computer is good to go got win 10 installed, all is well , since I dont pay for the A/C i keep my office at a cool 70F so my CPU temps was like 180 C :) 

CPUIntel i5-6600k - Mobo - MSI Z170A M3 Gaming - RAM - 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 2133 -  GPU - MSI R9 380 4GB    

CASE - Corsair Cube 540  CPU COOLER - Hyper 212 EVO - PSU - EVGA 1050w 

1 hour ago, Bacon8tor said:

yea it is, I bought the FX-8350 with an AMD AIO water cooler just like a 140mm rad 2 fans(although I replaced them with some corsasir SP fans) , but this was justmy old hardware then I got the money to buy intel so I did. and this stumps every computer at work but the new servers I bought which are dual 6 core Xeon's nothing like liunus' freaking 44 cores and 88 threads. But yea its ok 

The computer is good to go got win 10 installed, all is well , since I dont pay for the A/C i keep my office at a cool 70F so my CPU temps was like 180 C :) 

Wait, so replacing the PSU fixed the problem?

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

1 hour ago, berderder said:

Wait, so replacing the PSU fixed the problem?

yea Im pretty sure thats what did it , I dont think it was the usb or windows image, but the CPU fan header not being plugged in correctly was a lucky catch. no pump = no good. 

CPUIntel i5-6600k - Mobo - MSI Z170A M3 Gaming - RAM - 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 2133 -  GPU - MSI R9 380 4GB    

check this out wonder if its the same issue??

same CPU and he is using a 500w psu but said he had it running. 

7 minutes ago, Bacon8tor said:

check this out wonder if its the same issue??

same CPU and he is using a 500w psu but said he had it running. 

I checked in on that post and it could be insufficent wattage which I think you ended up concluding yourself in his thread.

Just to confirm, switching the PSU solved your problem right and not installing the water cooling correctly? I don't think an unattached water cooler would create this problem, although it could eventually when CPU temps got too high. It would take more time than just the amount of time it takes to boot the system

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

5 minutes ago, berderder said:

I checked in on that post and it could be insufficent wattage which I think you ended up concluding yourself in his thread.

Just to confirm, switching the PSU solved your problem right and not installing the water cooling correctly? I don't think an unattached water cooler would create this problem, although it could eventually when CPU temps got too high. It would take more time than just the amount of time it takes to boot the system

I am like 98% sure that it was the PSU I can try just unplugging the cpu header and see if it boots tomorrow . if that doesnt recreate the problem Ill know it was the PSU? Fair process???

5 minutes ago, Bacon8tor said:

I am like 98% sure that it was the PSU I can try just unplugging the cpu header and see if it boots tomorrow . if that doesnt recreate the problem Ill know it was the PSU? Fair process???

I'd just conclude it was the PSU. No need to mess with the CPU like that. It's just interesting to me because this is exactly the kind of problem I'd hope to solve in the workplace so it's good practice. As long as the problem is fixed is all that really matters

6 minutes ago, berderder said:

I'd just conclude it was the PSU. No need to mess with the CPU like that. It's just interesting to me because this is exactly the kind of problem I'd hope to solve in the workplace so it's good practice. As long as the problem is fixed is all that really matters

yea but in a work place, you are mostly going to be dealing with dell manufactured PC's so power shouldnt be an issue. also on the complete opposite specturm if you are dealing with a custom built system I always add a couple hundreds watts to what I guess is needed. this is just my expereince

2 minutes ago, Bacon8tor said:

yea but in a work place, you are mostly going to be dealing with dell manufactured PC's so power shouldnt be an issue. also on the complete opposite specturm if you are dealing with a custom built system I always add a couple hundreds watts to what I guess is needed. this is just my expereince

Yeah, that's true about manufacturer built systems unless you start swapping out parts. I don't see the harm in overshooting the power needs but then you get into how much room you have left in your case. Bigger power supply, less room, etc. I'm glad it's working now

1 minute ago, berderder said:

Yeah, that's true about manufacturer built systems unless you start swapping out parts. I don't see the harm in overshooting the power needs but then you get into how much room you have left in your case. Bigger power supply, less room, etc. I'm glad it's working now

most of these computer I work on as user computer have like some no name 350w PSU. 

Yea Man this Fx-8350 was my first like gaming rig CPU and boy it has scared me alot of times but still keeps going. Hopefully Zen is as good as they say. I would love for AMD to actually release a new architecture .