Pull, Push, Push-Pull Configuration?

From what I've heard, Push-pull I should avoid and not do because the result is not that great versus just push or pull. But why is pull configuration better than push? I understand how it works, that fans pull the air into the radiator, but I'd think pushing air into the radiator would be better since it is actually forcing air to hit the radiator? But according to Linus, pull config is the best and most optimal.

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 4.36.26 PM.png

push pull = same rpm for more performance or lower rpm for same performance but lower noise (most people go for the latter)

push vs pull = negligible difference, but the dust build up on push will be between the fan and the radiator, which is hard to clean

i would personally go pull only on a thin rad since push pull doesnt really help much

or push pull if its a thick rad and i have the clearance for it

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I believe LTT did a video on this not too long ago and unless you have the fans pushing towards each other there wasn't a huge difference in temps

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

he did not say it performs better

he said pull is better because it makes the radiator easier to clean

there is literally 0 performance difference between pull and push

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 hours ago, Moonzy said:

push pull = same rpm for more performance or lower rpm for same performance but lower noise (most people go for the latter)

push vs pull = negligible difference, but the dust build up on push will be between the fan and the radiator, which is hard to clean

i would personally go pull only on a thin rad since push pull doesnt really help much

or push pull if its a thick rad and i have the clearance for it

I plan to get an NZXT x61? That considered thick?

2 minutes ago, Tweed said:

I plan to get an NZXT x61? That considered thick?

nah, not really thick

if its thicker than a fan (more than 30mm) then ill consider push pull

the kraken x61 is about 25mm in thickness iirc

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

the x61 is not thick at 27mm thick (pretty much standard AIO thickness from Asetek).

push/pull is commonly used to employ really low fan speed fans to promote thermal cooling without the loud fan noise.

instead of using 2400rpm fans, using push/pull with 1400rpm fans will keep the thermals good and lower the noise aspect.