Gaming CPU Needed

I'm pretty sure this question has been asked countless number of times, So i plan to build a pc sometime soon, I was looking at the i5-6500 or the AMD 8350, now i'm really confused 

Do i go for the kaby lake i5 or the 8370 or 8350 or what , 

Mind you this is for gaming, and i plan to run pc for at least 3 years 

Out of those two, the i5 will be better for gaming.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I5 is the better option the AMD architecture is out dated.

FX 8350, Crosshair formula z, GTX 980Ti (reference), Enthoo Lux, XFX 750w PSU, 16GB Hyper x Fury, 120Gb SSD, 1TB HDD Samsung drive, 1TB WD Black

is your PC budget greater than $800?

if so, definitely get an i5 or i7

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Kaby lake aint out yet

i5 6500 is skylake

btw you probably want to change the title

2 minutes ago, TheNightMaster said:

I'm pretty sure this question has been asked countless number of times, So i plan to build a pc sometime soon, I was looking at the i5-6500 or the AMD 8350, now i'm really confused 

Do i go for the kaby lake i5 or the 8370 or 8350 or what , 

Mind you this is for gaming, and i plan to run pc for at least 3 years 

I went with AMD. It was cheaper and it runs great. Most people here seem to like Intel, but AMD motherboards seem to have all the review numbers on PCPartsPicker.

I say avoid picking a side and go with whats more feasible at the time of design.

Go for the Intel model. That single core performance.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

2 minutes ago, CoffeeandBagels said:

I went with AMD. It was cheaper and it runs great. Most people here seem to like Intel, but AMD motherboards seem to have all the review numbers on PCPartsPicker.

I say avoid picking a side and go with whats more feasible at the time of design.

im sure those review numbers came from knowledgeable people who vote 5 stars on outdated tech...

that doesnt seem right

My friend has an 8320 and he doesn't like it 

| CPU: Intel Core i3 4130 | GPU: PowerColor R9 270 | Motherboard: Asrock H81M-HDS | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB |

|HDD: Western Digital 1TB | Case: NZXT Source 210 | PSU: Corsair CX430W | 

| Mic: Blue Snowball iCE | Mouse: Corsair K65 RGB | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma |

Well, if we compare the 8350 with something like an i7 6700k, we see that the 8350 runs at the same frequency, has twice as many cores, produces ~50% more heat (potentially), and yet manages both less single threaded performance and less total performance!  It does cost less however, so pick your priorities :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

23 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well, if we compare the 8350 with something like an i7 6700k, we see that the 8350 runs at the same frequency, has twice as many cores, produces ~50% more heat (potentially), and yet manages both less single threaded performance and less total performance!  It does cost less however, so pick your priorities :D

Where does this heat thing even come from?

AMD has a thermal limit of 61C, which can be achieved with the same cooler an Intel chip runs at 60-80C with. 

Go intel, unless AMD Zen is good, there is no reason to consider it with a fresh build. 

23 minutes ago, Alexokan said:

9590, really because the amd chips do produce more thermal power(tdp) so they will heat up a room faster, but that has no relation to the max temp of the cpu, and is pretty negligible in the first place.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

40 minutes ago, Alexokan said:

From the specified TDP

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

get the kaby lake i5 as i run a sandy bridge i5 and that still kicks ass ps leaves money for an AIO cooler