Please help, I'm panicking

Okay so I was just over Skype with a friend and I accidentally shared my whole ipconfig in cmd, I know I'm stupid but please tell me,  how easily can this information be used against me and how can I reset all these information? I trust this friends for a while but I'm very paranoid now, I'm pretty sure he screensshot it 

2 minutes ago, Ooxaz said:

Okay so I was just over Skype with a friend and I accidentally shared my whole ipconfig in cmd, I know I'm stupid but please tell me,  how easily can this information be used against me and how can I reset all these information? I trust this friends for a while but I'm very paranoid now, I'm pretty sure he screensshot it 

No?

Usually ipconfig would only show local things. Maybe them having your machine's MAC address isn't the best thing in the world (though only useful on your LAN), but it's probably not that big of a concern.

Sig under construction.

Also, why would you be concerned if it were a friend of yours that saw it?

Do you have a particularly broad definition of friendship?

Sig under construction.

Omg, well that's good news dude I'm really shaking right now,  they said they will get revenge in me if I ever do anything wrong 

I know a guy that can do DDOS-ing and all that jazz, he can get that information off anyone at anytime and the worst that will come out of it is a DDOS kind of thing. Dont worry too much, theres nothing in there that will hurt you or your financial stuff etc.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Ooxaz said:

Omg, well that's good news dude I'm really shaking right now,  they said they will get revenge in me if I ever do anything wrong 

They don't sound like a friend.

And yeah, unless you're doing things weirdly it won't expose your public IP, but they'll have that anyways since you're skyping them.

Sig under construction.

1 minute ago, Tedster said:

They don't sound like a friend.

And yeah, unless you're doing things weirdly it won't expose your public IP, but they'll have that anyways since you're skyping them.

Thanks alot for answering I really appreciate it, I just had a massive panic attack.  They were showing me how to forward a port and I showed them all my ipconfig settings, I thought they can inject a key logger or something 

Just now, Ooxaz said:

Thanks alot for answering I really appreciate it, I just had a massive panic attack.  They were showing me how to forward a port and I showed them all my ipconfig settings, I thought they can inject a key logger or something 

Inject a keylogger by knowing your network config? What?

If they wanted to do that, they could probably get you to run some sort of shady program that would make it much easier.

Sig under construction.

5 minutes ago, Ooxaz said:

well if you get ddoses you know who to point to cops too.

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I know a guy that can do DDOS-ing and all that jazz, he can get that information off anyone at anytime and the worst that will come out of it is a DDOS kind of thing. Dont worry too much, theres nothing in there that will hurt you or your financial stuff etc.

anyone can Ddos you just need a credit card with $10 on it.

3 minutes ago, Ooxaz said:

lol inject a keylogger just from knowing your local IP? man you need to educate yourself. he'd need to have control of your pc in someway to do that, either from teamviewer or some virus that would install it.

with your ip they can most likely just ddos you

which can be solved by restarting your router by changing your ip address

though obtaining your ip address through a skype call is not a tough thing to do, i can get your ip address with just knowing your skype ID

so pretty much nothing they can do if not already done if they wanted to

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

People who inject keyloggers into your computer =/= friends. If you're worried about this guy doing malicious things to your PC, you shouldn’t be hanging with him in the first place

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

3 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

lol inject a keylogger just from knowing your local IP? man you need to educate yourself. he'd need to have control of your pc in someway to do that, either from teamviewer or some virus that would install it.

I'm sorry I don't know anything about networking at all 

Just now, Ooxaz said:

And I know barely anything!

It feels like you might be in a better situation if you knew almost nothing (:

Sig under construction.

Just now, Ooxaz said:

i know man its fine, at one point i thought you could download ram and actually did xD  

5 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

What info can be harmful in the ipconfig other than ip Adress?  

it's fine, ipconfig doesn't show your external IP

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

4 minutes ago, steezemageeze said:

People who inject keyloggers into your computer =/= friends. If you're worried about this guy doing malicious things to your PC, you shouldn’t be hanging with him in the first place

Well that's the thing I don't really know if he will actually do it,  I suopose he joking about 

4 hours ago, Yoinkerman said:

why did no one mention this until now?

Just now, Ooxaz said:

What info can be harmful in the ipconfig other than ip Adress?  

nothing really. its not something you want to show people but its not like if you happen to show someone they can do much, unless he really knows what he's doing he cant do anything 

1 minute ago, Yoinkerman said:

sorry this is offtopic but what is the first blood badge for?

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

sorry this is offtopic but what is the first blood badge for?

I believe it was something about donating for the new office campaign?

Sig under construction.

6 minutes ago, Tedster said:

I believe it was something about donating for the new office campaign?

I think it was this but honestly I can't remember.

At some point there was a money drive or something for upgraded video production stuff.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

33 minutes ago, Ooxaz said:

All you showed them from what I can tell from your info is your private network address. They still don't know your public address and without that they can't do shit.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

2 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

i know man its fine, at one point i thought you could download ram and actually did xD  

Did it work? I could maybe use some additional VRAM, myself. Or, perhaps some extra CPU Mhz.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987