NAS Sever for under 100 bucks??

So here's a challenge for you guys, See if you can build me a NAS Sever for between 100-120 dollars, It doesn't have to be rack mount, it doesnt have to be pretty, Also I dont need hard drives or OS. Just the parts themselves. (Motherboard, case, ram, processor, and any other things.) 

I will be eventually attaching a hots swap bay to this, but it will come at a later time. 

16 minutes ago, duncanbullet said:

So here's a challenge for you guys, See if you can build me a NAS Sever for between 100-120 dollars, It doesn't have to be rack mount, it doesnt have to be pretty, Also I dont need hard drives or OS. Just the parts themselves. (Motherboard, case, ram, processor, and any other things.) 

I will be eventually attaching a hots swap bay to this, but it will come at a later time. 

Wireless AC router w/ USB 3.0 + Multi-Bay External GPU enclosure 

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Not gonna happen with any decent amount of storage space. You can pull off the of portion, freenas with a decent amount of ram , you'll be fine I've ram it on some old lga775 chips and 4 gb of ram , not the best but it worked well

CPUIntel i5-6600k - Mobo - MSI Z170A M3 Gaming - RAM - 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 2133 -  GPU - MSI R9 380 4GB    

CASE - Corsair Cube 540  CPU COOLER - Hyper 212 EVO - PSU - EVGA 1050w 

1 minute ago, Bacon8tor said:

Not gonna happen with any decent amount of storage space. You can pull off the of portion, freenas with a decent amount of ram , you'll be fine I've ram it on some old lga775 chips and 4 gb of ram , not the best but it worked well

I've got more than enough for storage, I just dont want to spend too much on the server its self. 

8 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Of you want a cheap old server check out my post here 

Some even have hdd

CPUIntel i5-6600k - Mobo - MSI Z170A M3 Gaming - RAM - 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 2133 -  GPU - MSI R9 380 4GB    

2 minutes ago, duncanbullet said:

I've got more than enough for storage, I just dont want to spend too much on the server its self. 

Pm me of interested I may be able to you a deal . these servers are just sitting here 

at that price range, its gona get pretty tricky.  Getting used stuff, and freenas it is your best bet.  However, even old used stuff has issues, like, compatibility, and other problems.  Ex, q6600 intel cpu is probably cheap out there, with the mobo's, and ddr2 ram.  The only issue is, you'll need a gpu to get it running i think.  End result is, you might run into more problems, and headaches, than it is worth.  You should definitely put in some more money for better stuff.  Assuming u said you have lots of drives and stuff, better to get something that works solid, and not screw up your data.  I think you only need to spend a bit more to get some decent stuff, and its just more worth it.  So, it comes down to how techy you are.  If you confident, go the cheaper route.  If your not so comfortable, then you need something that will compensate for that.

I wouldn't trust running a stack of drives on $100 of hardware - but if you must, then just look for an old C2D machine with the most SATA ports you can find.

Seems kinda pointless though investing $50-100 in a hotswap bay for a computer thats worth less than $100....

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

ASRock C70M1 with 4gb RAM, cheap case and psu and you could get away with 100 bucks