Corsair Air Series AF120 120mm Fan QUESTION!

i_build_nanosuits

So i would order two of these fans:

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-fan-co9050001ww

one would be installed at the back of the case for exaust, so the ''nice'' looking part of the fan would be showing..i guess (?!) and the other one would be installed at the floor of my case for INTAKE (push air into the GPU above) so the ''ugly'' side of the fan would be showing (right?!)

My question is about the colored rim included with the fan...can someone who own one of these fan confirm the red ring can be mounted on the other side of the fan when using as intake (ring on ''ugly'' side of the fan possible?)

Also i can't find pictures of the ''other'' side of the fan (the ugly side) so a link to an image of that would be appreciated...you guys can also suggest other fans that would look good...ideally black and red with NO leds...i really like the look of those corsair fan but how good would it look as a case floor intake fan i guess is my main question.

it's just that if i can't mount the red ring on the other side of the fan i will just buy something else instead for the bottom intake fan on my case!

Thanks for answering!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

TLDR: the goal here is to replace both these fans for something that would look better and would be as quiet or better...ideally, better...both are 120mm fans...budget is up to 60$ for both fans

Capture.png

Is there a special version of the fan that is meant for use as intake?

i'm a noob about PC case fans...please help! thanks!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

9 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

My question is about the colored rim included with the fan...can someone who own one of these fan confirm the red ring can be mounted on the other side of the fan when using as intake (ring on ''ugly'' side of the fan possible?)

Also i can't find pictures of the ''other'' side of the fan (the ugly side) so a link to an image of that would be appreciated...you guys can also suggest other fans that would look good...ideally black and red with NO leds...i really like the look of those corsair fan but how good would it look as a case floor intake fan i guess is my main question.

Spoiler

fan_sp120_back_r_std.png

and i doubt you can use the ring on the other side

silent wings 2 are pretty awesome

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:
  Hide contents

and i doubt you can use the ring on the other side

silent wings 2 are pretty awesome

thanks for the picture...yeah it would look like ass when used on the wrong side...

do you by any chance know any fan that is either a ''reversed'' version of itself...or meant to look good in both ways? or does the product i'm looking for does not exist?

10 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

do you by any chance know any fan that is either a ''reversed'' version of itself...or meant to look good in both ways? or does the product i'm looking for does not exist?

havent seen or heard of any, so i doubt their existence lol

but i guess you can mod the fan, grab a fan and tweak and circuit for it to spin the other way :D

Spoiler

howpcfanswork_1269875963.png

or you can just get a 2 pin fan (normally molex fans) and reverse their polarity, and use DC control with an external controller or something

cant read rpm though :P

though if there are some chip in them then it wont work `-`

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

To be fair I don't think Corsair fans are worth it. I'd rather advise you to go for Be Quiet! Silent Wings 2 for example as well, they look decent (better than Noctua) and are also excellent, so you might want to look into those

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

3 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Is there a special version of the fan that is meant for use as intake?

No, there isn't. 

3 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

To be fair I don't think Corsair fans are worth it. I'd rather advise you to go for Be Quiet! Silent Wings 2 for example as well, they look decent (better than Noctua) and are also excellent, so you might want to look into those

SW2's are much more expensive but are excellent fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

well honestly it's more for look than anything else...the included enermax fan that i got on there is already way quiet enough honestly it's already excellent but it's all plain and black and i'd like to have something up there that would pop a bit more...and the corsair fan with the red ring and the grey accents on the sides like that looks excellent so i think i,ll order only one...put it up there for exaust...and use the enermax case fan that i have there ATM for intake at the botom to replace the cheap cooler master fan that i got...this one is audible.