Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition PWM clicking

RRGT19

Hi, This fans are supposed to be "Quiet", but they are doing a noticeable noise above 800 RPM's.

But, is not a normal noise, it's like a baby tiger.

See a video that I have uploaded: http://es.tinypic.com/r/k3lw14/9

In the video I'm changing between Quiet and Performance mode using Corsair Link and a H100i V2.

Is that sound normal?.

4 minutes ago, RGT said:

Hi, This fans are supposed to be "Quiet", but they are doing a noticeable noise above 800 RPM's.

But, is not a normal noise, it's like a baby tiger.

See a video that I have uploaded: http://es.tinypic.com/r/k3lw14/9

In the video I'm changing between Quiet and Performance mode using Corsair Link and a H100i V2.

Is that sound normal?.

Sounds like potentially a bad bearing on one of them, I had one of them do something similar but a much louder wobble noise after around 1000rpm. 

Just to make sure are you running the fans as 3 pin in DC voltage control and 4 pin as PWM since some 4 pin fans can potentially make some noises when run on DC voltage. 

15 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

dude, all fans make that noise when positioned upside-down (at least in my experience). The only fans that I have ever used that don't make this noise are noctua and fractal design fans. This really isn't something you can get away from. Or it could of cource be what @W-L said because what do I know? I'm just a random stranger on the internet.

I was under the impression that only fans that have a sleeve bearing make that noise when upside down. That includes improved sleeve bearings like FDB or Rifle.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

6 hours ago, Energycore said:

I was under the impression that only fans that have a sleeve bearing make that noise when upside down. That includes improved sleeve bearings like FDB or Rifle.

7 hours ago, CUDA_Cores said:

dude, all fans make that noise when positioned upside-down (at least in my experience). The only fans that I have ever used that don't make this noise are noctua and fractal design fans. This really isn't something you can get away from. Or it could of cource be what @W-L said because what do I know? I'm just a random stranger on the internet.

7 hours ago, W-L said:

Sounds like potentially a bad bearing on one of them, I had one of them do something similar but a much louder wobble noise after around 1000rpm. 

Just to make sure are you running the fans as 3 pin in DC voltage control and 4 pin as PWM since some 4 pin fans can potentially make some noises when run on DC voltage. 

I have

• 2x SP120 Quiet PWM

Quiet Mode: 500 RPM, without noticeable noise.
    Balaced Mode: 800-900 RPM, without noticeable noise.
    Performance Mode: 1200 RPM, with noticeable noise (very bad).

• 2x SP120 PWM that came with the radiator, the stock fans, the ugly and loud ones

Quiet Mode: 1440-1500 RPM, without noticeable noise.
    Balaced Mode: 1800-1980 RPM, with noticeable noise (bad).
    Performance Mode: 2040-2220 RPM, with noticeable noise (very bad).

Should I return the SP120 Quiet PWM and stay with the stock fans?, I haven't seen any difference in temps.

Or should I get the SP120 High Performance PWM?.

Just now, RGT said:

I have

• 2x SP120 Quiet PWM

Quiet Mode: 500 RPM, without noticeable noise.
    Balaced Mode: 800-900 RPM, without noticeable noise.
    Performance Mode: 1200 RPM, with noticeable noise (very bad).

• 2x SP120 PWM that came with the radiator, the stock fans, the ugly and loud ones

Quiet Mode: 1440-1500 RPM, without noticeable noise.
    Balaced Mode: 1800-1980 RPM, with noticeable noise (bad).
    Performance Mode: 2040-2220 RPM, with noticeable noise (very bad).

Should I return the SP120 Quiet PWM and stay with the stock fans?, I haven't seen any difference in temps.

Or should I get the SP120 High Performance PWM?.

Considering you can tweak the high performance fans to spin at quiet speeds with software I'd keep those.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, RGT said:

-SNIP-

The quiet editions are close to what I would call silent with little noise when turned down but even at the lowest setting the performance or original grey ones, SP120L are still quite audible. It's up to you to decide as how much noise you find acceptable but try and contact Corsair maybe the can send you a replacement. 

3 hours ago, W-L said:

The quiet editions are close to what I would call silent with little noise when turned down but even at the lowest setting the performance or original grey ones, SP120L are still quite audible. It's up to you to decide as how much noise you find acceptable but try and contact Corsair maybe the can send you a replacement. 

3 hours ago, Energycore said:

Considering you can tweak the high performance fans to spin at quiet speeds with software I'd keep those.

another thing is that the Quiet ones just work at 1200 max i guess, is not enough for a radiator, isn't?

Just now, RGT said:

another thing is that the Quiet ones just work at 1200 max i guess, is not enough for a radiator, isn't?

Depends on what you're trying to cool with that radiator. But yes, the high performance fans are more versatile.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, RGT said:

It's more depends on that fact that they are all pressure oriented fans so they will all work on radiators, the higher rpm will give more performance but cause more noise also.