Tech jobs for teenagers?

Lewiscpullan

Minecraft server administration or plugin developer. I used to do it and made decent money as a 14 year old. About $500 a month. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I live in a small village and help out all the elderly people with their stuff. I'm only 16 but was paid £20 just to install a router for someone. Old people are great

Why Is it windows 10 not 9?

because 7 ate 9 
(say it)

I work for a local computer shop (I'm actually there right now!), and im 15. 

A great position. Not too much building, but lots of general stuff. 

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

9 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

What kind of experience did you need, I'm strongly considering getting a similar position over the summer.

I have a lot of personal experience and a general aptitude for it. I've torn apart and put together quite a few systems (and that's before getting the job) do your research, learn you stuff, pick pc's out of the trash and practice, same with old game systems. Get a knack for it. Some places might be more "have you have prior training or job experience" but my situation was a bit more casual (no connections the guy is just chill as hell)  so your mileage may vary but you never know. 

2 minutes ago, cleb said:

I have a lot of personal experience and a general aptitude for it. I've torn apart and put together quite a few systems (and that's before getting the job) do your research, learn you stuff, pick pc's out of the trash and practice, same with old game systems. Get a knack for it. Some places might be more "have you have prior training or job experience" but my situation was a bit more casual (no connections the guy is just chill as hell)  so your mileage may vary but you never know. 

Dude, everyone on this forum probably knows their way around a computer better than the owner of your average computer store. We all know how to build and tear down computers. But is that really all it took?

ASU

1 minute ago, Hackentosher said:

Dude, everyone on this forum probably knows their way around a computer better than the owner of your average computer store. We all know how to build and tear down computers.

Well no duh. Like I said, My situation was alittle different, my boss was looking for someone who had a good base to train. Knowing basic to intermediate troubleshooting skills along with knowing very well how to tear down systems, is all you need in a position like that. As I said, your mileage may vary, but it worked for me.