Is 600 Watts enough for my PC? Is this a good PSU?

jewishdolphins

my power supply just broke and I need a new one. The one I currently have is having electrical problems and there's no display when I use my graphics card or onboard graphics.

The only PSU I can get right now is this one: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-80-plus-600w-atx-12v-eps-12v-power-supply-black/8511029.p?id=1219693073473

Please tell me that the one I am choosing is GOOD and a trusted brand. The old CX 750 Watt one I used to have was apparently not "good quality" 

ALSO PLEASE TELL ME IF THE PSU I AM CHOOSING IS ENOUGH TO SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING SPECS: 

SPECS: 

GPU : EVGA GeForce GTX 960 (Superclocked, 4GB) 
CPU : Intel Core i5 4690k Quad-Core Processor (3.5 Ghz) 
Mobo : Asus Z97-A Motherboard 
Ram : Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) 
HDD : 1TB Western Digital Blue 7200 RPM 
SSD: 240 Gig Intel SSD 
Case : NZXT S340 Black 

Monitor : Asus VX228H 21.5" Monitor (x2) 
Keyboard : Corsair K65 RGB Mechanical Keyboard 
Mouse : Corsair M65 RGB Mouse 

keep your CX lol, its really not worth switching to that, just save up for now. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Just now, Mohenjo said:

keep your CX lol, its really not worth switching to that, just save up for now. 

uh, did u even read the post? the CX is bad quality and is currently broken...and save for what? I thought EVGA is supposed to be better than the CX series??

11 minutes ago, jewishdolphins said:

The only PSU I can get right now is this one: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-80-plus-600w-atx-12v-eps-12v-power-supply-black/8511029.p?id=1219693073473

Please tell me that the one I am choosing is GOOD and a trusted brand. The old CX 750 Watt one I used to have was apparently not "good quality" 

Sorry, but no. It is a trusted brand, but that PSU is garbage.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

1 minute ago, jewishdolphins said:

uh, did u even read the post? the CX is bad quality and is currently broken...and save for what? I thought EVGA is supposed to be better than the CX series??

oh i did not see that it was broken, but its not like its the plauge.. at least go for a evga 600b...

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

1 minute ago, Shahnewaz said:

Sorry, but no. It's a trusted brand, but that PSU is garbage.

its not "garbage" but its not the best.... 

600w is more than enough. You really only need a 450w.
But EVGA doesn't make the best power supplies Unless its a G/P2.
Those EVGA's models get pricey. Brand reference: 

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

Just now, Mohenjo said:

its not "garbage" but its not the best.... 

I wouldn't risk it on a build like OP's.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

1 minute ago, DioOmicida said:

600w is more than enough. You really only need a 450w.
But EVGA doesn't make the best power supplies Unless its a G/P2.
Brand reference: 

can someone please tell me which power supply to get then? everyone told me CX sucks and that EVGA is better. and now everyone here is telling me EVGA sucks. I just wanted to get the 600 watt i mentioned from best buy just to bring home and see if the psu is really the problem. if it is, i might return the 600 watt and buy a better one online. at this point, i just wanna see if the psu is actually the problem.

Just now, jewishdolphins said:

can someone please tell me which power supply to get then? everyone told me CX sucks and that EVGA is better. and now everyone here is telling me EVGA sucks. I just wanted to get the 600 watt i mentioned from best buy just to bring home and see if the psu is really the problem. if it is, i might return the 600 watt and buy a better one online. at this point, i just wanna see if the psu is actually the problem.

Your budget?

1 minute ago, jewishdolphins said:

...[too] see if the psu is really the problem. if it is, i might return the 600 watt and buy a better one online. at this point, i just wanna see if the psu is actually the problem.

Then by all means, do that.

1 minute ago, Shahnewaz said:

Your budget?

dont have one. my pc is already built. my psu just isnt working anymore apparently. it powers everything in the pc but for some reason its screwing up for powering the graphics 

4 minutes ago, jewishdolphins said:

now everyone here is telling me EVGA sucks

every company (except as few, namingly seasonic, delta and superflower) makes good and crap psu

i suggest you get Seasonic M12II 520W if you're on a budget

EVGA G2 550W if you can spend more

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

8 minutes ago, jewishdolphins said:

dont have one. my pc is already built. my psu just isnt working anymore apparently. it powers everything in the pc but for some reason its screwing up for powering the graphics 

Refer to these lists:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Take this as a starting point (aka cheapest good one): http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ss500etbronze

This will also leave you with plenty of headroom to upgrade and overclock.