upgrading to 4k gaming build help

So i want to game in 4k on a single monitor, and am going to reuse some parts from my current pcs, if possible like hard drives, ssd, psu, cooler  i definitely want to get a new case and to make this in as small of a form factor as possible, i normally play games like division, gta v, minecraft, and red faction guerrilla, cs go. I do use Second life using the firestorm viewer as well, Im curious if upgrading my current platform would be more beneficial to 4k, im presently, using a i5-4690k, what gpu do you recommend  for cases, and gpu and processors,? presently this is what i am working with that i have  that i know can be reused, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v7ZPyc and this is my main pc that i have  https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Skullrebell/saved/#view=Dsx323 that i will be upgrading from

Its a Championship not a Belt!

Do you have the monitor? The dual 970s might be able to cut it. 3.5 GB of VRAM is not optimal for 4K, but does cut it. Definetly no reason to upgrade CPU/MB/RAM, as higher resolutions reduce load on CPU. Your best option would be to get the monitor you want now, and see if the 970s work at least a bit. Then after new GPUs are released, either go for dual 980tis(They will be a lot cheaper) or whatever AMD/nVIdia release.

2 hours ago, Snooli said:

Do you have the monitor? The dual 970s might be able to cut it. 3.5 GB of VRAM is not optimal for 4K, but does cut it. Definetly no reason to upgrade CPU/MB/RAM, as higher resolutions reduce load on CPU. Your best option would be to get the monitor you want now, and see if the 970s work at least a bit. Then after new GPUs are released, either go for dual 980tis(They will be a lot cheaper) or whatever AMD/nVIdia release.

well im also doing this to mak the computer smaller, since my nzxt switch 810, while spacious, takes up alot of my rooms real estate

3 hours ago, skullrebell said:

Your CPU is going to be fine

Do you already have the 4k display?

You might as well wait for June and all the new GPUs at this point

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Your CPU is going to be fine

Do you already have the 4k display?

You might as well wait for June and all the new GPUs at this point

No i dont have the monitor, and im not doing the upgrade imediatly, but im trying to figure it out so i can plan it, out since im trying to go smaller, so i figure ill also be neededing to go to Matx, for my motherboard

4 minutes ago, skullrebell said:

No i dont have the monitor, and im not doing the upgrade imediatly, but im trying to figure it out so i can plan it, out since im trying to go smaller, so i figure ill also be neededing to go to Matx, for my motherboard

You can get a HAF XB which is a pretty small ATX case due to it's different form factor.

as for the display, a 32" or larger 4k display would be better for productivity

Otherwise there's this 27" 4K IPS free-sync display that I think just came to the west, at $450 ish, looks a bit better than the other displays with similar specs from LG, the older ones are the LG 27MC67/-B

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/lg-monitor-27ud68w

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 hours ago, Snooli said:

Wants tu buy a 4K monitor.

Is afraid of his PC taking too much space.

is using dual 27" monitor and is going down to a single monitor thus saving space, And i never said i was afraid my pc was taking up too much space, it is, so thanks for the snarkyness

sli 970 for 4k ? lol that would be a really bad pick for that job, take the R9 390s instead they scale way better in 4k and have 8Go or memory which is basicaly vital for 4k.

i would say single gpu is better than sli/crossfire, but there is just no single GPU capable of delivering comfortable 4K experience unless you are ok with 30-40fps and some serious compromise in graphic setting.

i wont expand on the rest of the build because i think it's a bad idea to do it right now, you have New GPUs to be released in like june/july, you will get displayport1.3, HDR, 4k@120hz, and we are talking about Fury/980Ti peformance for half the price, if we believe the rumors.

so just wait up to june and see what's new.

7 hours ago, alamox said:

sli 970 for 4k ? lol that would be a really bad pick for that job, take the R9 390s instead they scale way better in 4k and have 8Go or memory which is basicaly vital for 4k.

i would say single gpu is better than sli/crossfire, but there is just no single GPU capable of delivering comfortable 4K experience unless you are ok with 30-40fps and some serious compromise in graphic setting.

i wont expand on the rest of the build because i think it's a bad idea to do it right now, you have New GPUs to be released in like june/july, you will get displayport1.3, HDR, 4k@120hz, and we are talking about Fury/980Ti peformance for half the price, if we believe the rumors.

so just wait up to june and see what's new.

ok but i was asking in terms of processor, will that be ok, will my ram be good, i know my current gpus wont be good.