Need advice for a gaming/editing rig

LukePickle

I'll begin by introducing the build and its uses-

What will this build be used for?

CSGO,Rocket League,Arma 3, Adobe Premiere,AE and Blender, and computer programming 

What is the FPS that you are aiming for? what res? 

1920x1080, preferably getting a solid 400FPS plus on CS (on full settings), and over 144fps hopefully on rocket league and arma, plus nice render times on the editing programs 

What is my budget? 

around the £2000 to £2500 mark, if there is a improvement that would justify the cost. 

**In what country are you purchasing your parts?**
England

Current thoughts of build:
PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/QWCqLk
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/QWCqLk/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  (£484.98 @ Ebuyer)  ( did it for the 40PCI Lanes)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£107.34 @ CCL Computers) 
Motherboard: Asus X99-E WS SSI CEB LGA2011-3 Motherboard  (£399.95 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (£115.24 @ More Computers) 
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£137.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  (£613.73 @ More Computers) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£138.12 @ Amazon UK) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer  (£29.59 @ Amazon UK) 
Other: corsair 750D airflow edition (£139.99) Scan.co.uk
Total: £2166.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

**Provide any additional details you wish below.**
are there any parts that you'd recommend me  upgrading/changing, and if there's any parts that i am missing, due to the fact that this is the first time I'm going to build a PC, as I usually go down the Pre built route (I got stuck under the alien ware trap as a young lad, thinking they were superior) 

And the reason I have added a DVD drive is due to the many drivers i get that are on a DVD still... 

Anyways, Thanks for reading, please help by saying what you think might be a nice upgrade for the money, or what could be swapped around

Overclock that CPU

Arma loves speed. 

That's a lot of wattage, 850W is enough for even 980Ti SLI. Also could save up a bit on the motherboard, looks pretty overkill and pricey to me.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Ronnie76 said:

Overclock that CPU

Arma loves speed. 

was planning, have seen reports on this CPU reaching 4.5ghz easily.

1. I agree, with a lower wattage psu you will get better efficiency 
2. Do you need the WS motherboard? considering youre not using a xeon or ECC ram (only bringing this up because you can save a few bucks going with something else) (save money here to get a higher-res monitor)

3. You only have 2 sticks of ram so it will be running at dual channel, i Suggest buying a kit of 4x8gb to fully utilize your x99's quad channel capabilities
4. Higher res/size monitor might really help you fit more of your work on the screen, good for productivity imo

Photography / Finance / Gaming

Just now, mok said:

1. I agree, with a lower wattage psu you will get better efficiency 
2. Do you need the WS motherboard? considering youre not using a xeon or EE ram (only bringing this up because you can save a few bucks going with something else)

3. You only have 2 sticks of ram so it will be running at dual channel, i Suggest buying a kit of 4x8gb to fully utilize your x99's quad channel capabilities

was thinking of going dual channel until i fork up a bit more to go for another 2 sticks to utilise the quad channel

Thoughts on a replacement on the WS board? Maybe a X99 Deluxe? Want to keep with asus as I have a thing for the Asus Boards these days

Have you considered the Broadwell-E CPUs? I know the full specs aren't out yet but if rumored prices are anything to go by you might be able to get better value for similar performance to the 5930k

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

That's a lot of wattage, 850W is enough for even 980Ti SLI. Also could save up a bit on the motherboard, looks pretty overkill and pricey to me.

So maybe downgrade to a RM850i or something along them lines maybe, would this be considered a better idea do you think?

Looking at it, the estimated draw with SLI 980TI's is 838W, so maybe the 850W is a viable option in this case

1 minute ago, LukePickle said:

So maybe downgrade to a RM850i or something along them lines maybe, would this be considered a better idea do you think?

Looking at it, the estimated draw with SLI 980TI's is 838W, so maybe the 850W is a viable option in this case

From where did you get that estimated power draw? Pretty sure its around 700-760W.

4 minutes ago, LukePickle said:

was thinking of going dual channel until i fork up a bit more to go for another 2 sticks to utilise the quad channel

Thoughts on a replacement on the WS board? Maybe a X99 Deluxe? Want to keep with asus as I have a thing for the Asus Boards these days

The X99-A is good, unless there is a feature that the deluxe offers that you need stick with the X99-A.

Pascal laptops guide

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Have you considered the Broadwell-E CPUs? I know the full specs aren't out yet but if rumored prices are anything to go by you might be able to get better value for similar performance to the 5930k

I've seen alot of things around the web about these broadwell E CPU's, would you say its worth a months wait or just get it, as I am very excited about getting this thing build and up and going, as this has been months of playing at 60FPS  and 30 on GTA, I want to ascend into the high frame rates. 

2 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

From where did you get that estimated power draw? Pretty sure its around 700-760W.

The X99-A is good, unless there is a feature that the deluxe offers that you need stick with the X99-A.

PCPartPicker estimates 838W with the addition of a second 980Ti. 

will have a look at the X99-A now aswell

I've seen alot of things around the web about these broadwell E CPU's, would you say its worth a months wait or just get it, as I am very excited about getting this thing build and up and going, as this has been months of playing at 60FPS  and 30 on GTA, I want to ascend into the high frame rates. 

Yah, I know what you mean about wanting to get things going. With the limited amount of information out there it's really tough to say so depending on how soon you're wanting to get going you might be better off going with the 5930k as it's a solid cpu.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

PCPartPicker estimates 838W with the addition of a second 980Ti. 

will have a look at the X99-A now aswell

Yeah it turned out to be the i7 5930k with its massive 140W TDP.

Pascal laptops guide

your cpu has a rated TDP of 140w (stock)
and your gpu has a rated TDP of 250w (stock)

just some info. 

22 minutes ago, mok said:

your cpu has a rated TDP of 140w (stock)
and your gpu has a rated TDP of 250w (stock)

just some info. 

okay. if what the estimated power draw is correct when theres two 980Ti's in SLI, would you say that you should have bigger than 850W as the psu to leave some spare wattage, as theres only 12 W free or is what im saying completely incorrect. Its just as I read somewhere that you should go a little higher if you overclock? or have i been misguided im not completely sure

8 minutes ago, LukePickle said:

okay. if what the estimated power draw is correct when theres two 980Ti's in SLI, would you say that you should have bigger than 850W as the psu to leave some spare wattage, as theres only 12 W free or is what im saying completely incorrect. Its just as I read somewhere that you should go a little higher if you overclock? or have i been misguided im not completely sure

yes.
two 980ti's get a 1000w etc

Note:
- One GPU will always run more stable than two.
- I doubt Adobe will use more than one GPU for GPU-accelerated tasks
- A second GPU for gaming at 1080p is a waste. unless you also plan on upgrading your monitor.

with all that said just pick a case and start building....your spec list is fine...

42 minutes ago, mok said:

yes.
two 980ti's get a 1000w etc

Note:
- One GPU will always run more stable than two.
- I doubt Adobe will use more than one GPU for GPU-accelerated tasks
- A second GPU for gaming at 1080p is a waste. unless you also plan on upgrading your monitor.

with all that said just pick a case and start building....your spec list is fine...

lovely stuff there Mok, thanks for the help, looking forward to buying my parts soon :)

and also, i do plan on going to 1440p 144hz soon hopefully, or maybe even higher not completely sure.

Get the 512gb 950 pro, I find 250gb a little too little nowdays and may as well get it out of the way. 

Also, don't you need a mass storage drive? I didn't see one listed, and didn't notice you mentioning having one already, (I may be mistaken I just skimped over.)

Since you are doing work in premiere etc. may I suggest adding some large 3TB HDD and going with the 512gb 950 pro for current work and faster extraction speeds.

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

Just now, cc143 said:

Get the 512gb 950 pro, I find 250gb a little too little nowdays and may as well get it out of the way. 

Also, don't you need a mass storage drive? I didn't see one listed, and didn't notice you mentioning having one already, (I may be mistaken I just skimped over.)

Since you are doing work in premiere etc. may I suggest adding some large 3TB HDD and going with the 512gb 950 pro for current work and faster extraction speeds.

yeah, forgot to mention that i was going to swap over a 2tb hdd from my old PC, and the 512gb could be a good idea  with the amount of games and programs im going to run.

Thanks mate

:)

19 minutes ago, LukePickle said:

yeah, forgot to mention that i was going to swap over a 2tb hdd from my old PC, and the 512gb could be a good idea  with the amount of games and programs im going to run.

Thanks mate

:)

In that case might I suggest another 2TB Hdd for backup/redundancy, or maybe a larger SATA SSD for current projects (depending on your various present workloads.) 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/