Linus Tech Tips worth 30 Billion Dollars?

peterzhu2118

Think it's just considering youtube.com, not his channel. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I think thats the whole Youtube.com 

How much is youtube.com worth?

website-value.png

estimated worth, 
$ 34,795,156,420
WOW Score: 

99 / 100
WOW Rank: 

general-of-the-army.png

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I don't see how the OP link relates to Linus Tech tips in any way... Just youtube.

That website says LinusTechTips.com is worth $116,000....

LTT IS PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Is that revenue purely from this single tracker?

4x3Aq.png

They also have the Intel comp link on the home page.... I know those estimator sites are never 100% accurate.

Anyone got an idea of how much the forum would cost to host?

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Is that revenue purely from this single tracker?

4x3Aq.png

They also have the Intel comp link on the home page.... I know those estimator sites are never 100% accurate.

Anyone got an idea of how much the forum would cost to host?

@Windspeed36 can answer that

@Windspeed36 can answer that

He probably wouldn't though  ^_^

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

He probably wouldn't though  ^_^

Collocation is expensive. We use a lot of bandwith. That is all I'll say. 

Collocation is expensive. We use a lot of bandwith. That is all I'll say. 

That's code for $100 to $15M a month.

jX22W5S.png

The irony of the picture they used and the person who is posting this.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Tek Syndicate for example have only 45k

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Just to note, none of this information is going to be useful to anybody that doesn't actually understand what it means. Worth of a website/youtube is actually extremely complex and varies drastically based on the type of content and the target audience of the site/channel.

You can have two website that get 1000 unique visits a day. One site can be a Bieber fansite where everybody visiting the site are 13 year old girls that. The other site could be a car enthusiast blog where a majority of the readers are 40+ years old that make $250k+ a year. Say a BMW ad runs on that car blog, that should hypothetically get a higher CPM or CPC than a some Forever 21 ad on the Bieber fansite. If somebody running a website also knows and is good at advertising they can often get higher cpm and cpc ads by simply being good at managing them regardless of the content and their audience.

And you also need to realize that a site's "worth" is often very very different than how much money they actually make. A lot of websites are "worth" a lot of money but don't make money. Reddit is theoretically worth a bunch of money but they basically have no revenue model at this point. You also can't limit your scope to just looking at uniques and page views per day. There is twitter, facebook likes, youtube subscribers, tumblr followers, twitch.tv viewers, etc. etc. Basically, a simple calculator like worthofweb.com isn't going to be very good at making any sort of accurate calculations for most websites.

And in the case of LinusTech, it is even more unreliable. It has a very brief period of time of data to pull information from. The longer a site has been around, the more data is available, the more accurate an estimate might be. There is also the issue that the main website is a forum so the kind of traffic it gets is very very different than something like a blog or a youtube channel is going to get.

tl;dr: The estimate worth of LTT according to an online automated calculator is basically meaningless.

These type of youtube channel financial worth trackers (such as socialblade) would be especially inaccurate for LTT due to the unusual way he implements ads. Instead of at the beginning of every video where they can be removed with adblock. Linus's ads are in the video, and cant be removed with adblock or the "skip ad" button.

And yes i know you can skip forward in the video. But this would be far less common than adblock or using the skip button. Linus's way of implementing ads is very clever.

These type of youtube channel financial worth trackers (such as socialblade) would be especially inaccurate for LTT due to the unusual way he implements ads. Instead of at the beginning of every video where they can be removed with adblock. Linus's ads are in the video, and cant be removed with adblock or the "skip ad" button.

What the hell is with the triple posting?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

What the hell is with the triple posting?

No idea what your talking about......

(Internet connection freaked out so i hit the button a couple of times, then it posted for every click and i cant delete posts on mobile)