Will the R9 Nano's price drop further with the release of Polaris?

Greetings.

Ever since the price on the R9 Nano dropped to $450-$500 last year, I've been very interested in the GPU as an upgrade option. Currently, I'm running a Seasonic ECO-430 which only has one 6+2-pin PCI-e power connector. This means that I'll need to spend an additional $75 on a power supply if I'm to upgrade to something like an R9 390, and assuming I can get one for $300 ($375 for both), I'll only be spending $75 more to get a substantially more powerful R9 Nano instead, which will also run just fine on my 430w power supply due to its low TDP, and it only needs the one 6+2-pin PCI-e power connector.

However, despite the price drop, its $450 pricetag was still a little too far out of my range, but is still among the best upgrade options available to me. I was wondering whether I can expect its price to drop even further with the release of AMD's new Polaris GPUs later this year, and if it does, how much can I expect it to drop by?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Aereldor.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

7 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Greetings.

Ever since the price on the R9 Nano dropped to $450-$500 last year, I've been very interested in the GPU as an upgrade option. Currently, I'm running a Seasonic ECO-430 which only has one 6+2-pin PCI-e power connector. This means that I'll need to spend an additional $75 on a power supply if I'm to upgrade to something like an R9 390, and assuming I can get one for $300 ($375 for both), I'll only be spending $75 more to get a substantially more powerful R9 Nano instead, which will also run just fine on my 430w power supply due to its low TDP, and it only needs the one 6+2-pin PCI-e power connector.

However, despite the price drop, its $450 pricetag was still a little too far out of my range, but is still among the best upgrade options available to me. I was wondering whether I can expect its price to drop even further with the release of AMD's new Polaris GPUs later this year, and if it does, how much can I expect it to drop by?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Aereldor.

No, not till they drop it's successor... And since the nano was released so late, it is more then likely they are going to give it; it's run time. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

4 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

No, not till they drop it's successor... And since the nano was released so late, it is more then likely they are going to give it; it's run time. 

I understand, but after its price drop, the R9 Nano has gone from a niche product to some of the best value on AMD's lineup. It's essentially an underclocked Fury X for $150 less. Since it does present better value at the high-end, I was wondering whether this might change when better-performing cards come out (The R9 490?)

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

No ... i dont think even after Polaris is released because the GPU is aimed for mainstream audience. So the price of the nano wont drop unless something magical happens. No one can predict the future.  

Magical Pineapples