What do you think of this?

Phoenix721

I don't know if this counts as promoting or advertising a channel or anything like that , however, this video came out today and I was super excited to check it out. I found it pretty interesting. What do you all think? Seems pretty "evil" of AMD to do that. (Part 1 can be skipped in case you are wondering)

I have a Fury Nitro and an FX 8320E. Screw my life?

Could you recap what the video is about for those of us who don't have 26 minutes to waste watching what is essentially a conspiracy theory video?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

8 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Could you recap what the video is about for those of us who don't have 26 minutes to waste watching what is essentially a conspiracy theory video?

Basically, AMD is going to improve crossfire for their cards drammatically, force the consoles into crossfire GPUs, have all games be optimized for AMD GPUs and crossfire right off the bat, which will make 2 "weak graphics cards" be really powerful, push nvidia out of gaming by forcing the industry to go their way, then focus on CPUs to make the unlimited ammounts of money.

3 minutes ago, Phoenix721 said:

Basically, AMD is going to improve crossfire for their cards drammatically, force the consoles into crossfire GPUs, have all games be optimized for AMD GPUs and crossfire right off the bat, which will make 2 "weak graphics cards" be really powerful, kick Nvidia off and with the money that will be made, screw intel.

Uhh.....they already have problems getting devs to release games that support crossfire out of the box, and they still are kind of behind when it comes to driver overhead+performance as they have a lot of theoretical performance that isn't being exposed. 

Though they have support downpat, 5 years of support for mobility Radeon HD5650 and it only ended because no more performance could be gained through drivers. Aka it took 5 years to get games running on it the way they should have at launch/fix game devs mistakes.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

24 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Uhh.....they already have problems getting devs to release games that support crossfire out of the box, and they still are kind of behind when it comes to driver overhead+performance as they have a lot of theoretical performance that isn't being exposed. 

Though they have support downpat, 5 years of support for mobility Radeon HD5650 and it only ended because no more performance could be gained through drivers. Aka it took 5 years to get games running on it the way they should have at launch/fix game devs mistakes.

Developers will be forced to run crossfire if it is in the consoles.

43 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

-snip-

What is being said makes a lot of sense, in the future it will simply be too expensive to manufacture one big GPU, so what it is expected AMD will do is put two GPU cores on in single interposer. This is the right time to do it, as multi-GPU is a part of the API now. Developers use as much of the hardware provided as they possibly can, so if a dual GPU using explicit multi-GPU is provided, you can be sure it will be made heavy use of. You've also got to understand that combining all consoles Nvidia only has 5-10% of the market. The idea is that AMD will cripple performance on Nvidia GPUs by doing what is needed. If it's real, it makes GameWorks look like childs play.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Well, you just know that even if consoles get multi-GPUs support, the PC port will still be complete sh*t no matter what.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Well, you just know that even if consoles get multi-GPUs support, the PC port will still be complete sh*t no matter what.

That's the point, to be shit. It will perform better on AMD cards, which will make them look like the better choice, making AMD a powerhouse.

6 minutes ago, Phoenix721 said:

That's the point, to be shit. It will perform better on AMD cards, which will make them look like the better choice, making AMD a powerhouse.

Even games today made for consoles are still sh*t when ported to PC, on an AMD card. Not because the consoles use AMD GPUs that they perform better on PC with an AMD GPU and I don't expect this to change even if they introduce "crossfire" to consoles.

What I understood of this is that the AMD console chips will be the one forcing devs thinking red cards for a while, the point being to have the games relying on the same aspects on console and PC. Vulkan being close to AMD, running on many platforms will be then designed with and for AMD chips, making the bridge from console to pc easier and therfore allowing devs to have good pc ports. Are there any flaws to that logic?

6 hours ago, TetraSky said:

One of the reason AMD is supposedly going for dual cards a this time is because the API its self supports it, without the usual drawbacks of it, scaling is also improved, which was already superior on AMD due to using the PCI-E bus over a separate cable like Nvidia.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL