I can't run Crysis!

ApexTypeA

Ok, I can run Crysis. But not with all the dials turned up to max. I can pretty much turn everything up to max at 3440 X 1440 and get about 90 fps, except anti-aliasing. Setting AA to max drops me to about 40 FPS (did I mention this is 2 overclocked 980 Ti's in SLI? ). 

So I tried AA on to Max and completely OFF through many different parts of the game, with my face righ up against walls and looking at long distances (as long as this game allows) and I cannot for the life of me tell the difference between AA ON and AA OFF. Most other games I own give me similar results.  

So here is the question: Should I bother using any AA at all? It seems to just slow things down to me. In other games I keep it on at a lower level but it bothers me (I am sure I will find sympathy from someone out there) that I can't just "balls to the walz" any game in existence today with my set up. Nevermind a game from 3 years ago... With enough compute capacity to match the entire planet's computational capacity in 1986, I figure I should be getting more out of this hardware. 

AND... the game crashes when the Ti's are overclocked. Even when no other game or benchmark utility does. But that's a different story altogether... 

can_it_run_crysis____.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I usually turn AA off in most games since I'm an ignorant person and I don't even notice the edges when playing.

Great AA looks good but tanks the perfomance (MSAA, SSAA, TXAA), bad AA looks horrible and isn't even worth the performance decrease (MLAA, FXAA) 

144Hz goodness

Since you are using Ultra HD, you don't really need AA. I use it, because I have 1080p 23 inch monitor and it just looks awfull.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

Which Crysis?

i ran Crysis 2 maxed 1080p on 50-70 fps

i had about 45fps in the intro sequence

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

10 hours ago, sgtcool said:

Which Crysis?

i ran Crysis 2 maxed 1080p on 50-70 fps

i had about 45fps in the intro sequence

Sorry, this is Crysis 3 we are talking about.

If you dont notice it then why bother with it? You only want it on because "balls to the walls"? Who the hell cares..... Go for fps and leave it off in every game, AA is overrated anyway. I've never bothered with AA not even in the 1024x768 days. Yeah years later when i had 10x the power to run it and got 100fps+ even with AA on. Didnt even care about the edges then.....

I have no signature

I personally don't see a purpose to using AA on anything but sub-1080p. It just makes things blurry rather than more sharp for me most of the time. Very high performance loss for very little visual gain.

Spoiler