Case Fan Orientation, Placement and Types

Marcus Kemp

So I want to get Noctuas for my system but the only ones I seem to like are the 3000rpm pwm fans but everyone says they suck. I have a 360mm rad on the top of my system, 140mm rad in back, and 3 open 120mm fans option in the front. What fans would be a perfect fit my system. A link would be very helpful for me and others to understand exactly which fans you are talking about and if you have any facts about certain fans it would be great if you could site them but if you don't feel like it then no worries. Also any suggestion for seperate or identical yet different placements would be greatly appreciated.

Just make front the intake and the rads as exhaust. Yeah, they are a little bit pricey and loud AF unless you turn them to like 20% speed. If you don't mind looks I would suggest just going with NF-P12's in your whole system, I'm a huge fan (no pun intended) of them. If not, you can choose NB/Alphacool/Phobya eloops. Gentle Typhoons have been known for their excellent silence and performance. Also, be quiet! Shadow Wings may be perfect for your system. There is really a ton of choice when it comes to fans.. Just be sure to use static pressure optimized fans.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

Phanteks makes practically identically performing fans to regular Noctuas and have more color options

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W