What is a great-looking 24" IPS monitor?

thexzenon

I am looking to buy a second monitor after my old Samsung died. I currently have a DELL UP2414Q, which is gorgeous and the only complaint I have about it is the small burn-in it get after staying idle for a few hours (no biggie since it doesn't last). My requirements are:

• Good to great colour accuracy (the UP2414Q spoiled me)
  • 24" size (anything bigger would not fit on my desk as I have some things mounted on the wall above my desk)
  • Either speakers or a 3.5mm jack audio output
  • At least one HDMI port and a DVI port (HDMI for TV, DVI for PC, or maybe 2 HDMI ports?)
  • Budget: 300 ish bucks

My GPU is a GTX 780 and I use my DP for the DELL, so I guess I have 2 DVI ports and one HDMI port free for the PC connection. I also need one HDMI for my TV (I'll use my monitor as a TV sometimes).

I will use the monitor for media playback, browsing the web and coding. I'll also be playing a few games on it, but since the games I usually play (cs:go and lol) run well on the DELL, gaming won't be a priority. 

Which monitors should I get? I was looking at the U2414H, but I heard it has issues.

Dell U2414H or U2415 are both excellent. What issues have you heard of? There are some specific ones when it comes to running three or more of them using MST daisychaining, but other than that I don't really know of many issues. 

They don't have DVI, but they do have two HDMI ports.

We use the U21414H in my office an we haven't had issues with any of them so far. I think they might be over your budget though, last I checked they were like 349 I think but it might be like 299 now

EDIT:I really should to research before I post this, they're selling on newegg for 289

EDIT 2: Edited my edit

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

8 minutes ago, Howlingwolf101 said:

We use the U21414H in my office an we haven't had issues with any of them so far. I think they might be over your budget though, last I checked they were like 349 I think but it might be like 299 now

EDIT:I really should to research before I post this, they're selling on craigslist for 289

They are 20% off here :)

So I should go for  this one?

I'd say go for it, if you're looking for a good dell screen, these are high quality ones

You know how it is, the cow goes "moo", the dog goes "woof" and the gamer goes "The PvP is unbalanced."

Spoiler

Personal Computer: CPU: i7-4790 Mobo: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 Graphics Card: MSI R9-380  Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series PSU: Apevia Warlock 750W Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Series Storage: 240GB SSD (OS) 3TB HDD (data and such) 500 GB SSD (Movies and Large Data Transfers (I'm constantly moving this one around to other computers))

Like completely nothing more than 24", even 25"?  U2515H is a great option, 25" 2560x1440, at around 300-350$. I had it for about 6 months, nothing wrong to say about it, flawless monitor, I won't see this kind of perfect monitor in years.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6900K 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: X99 Sabertooth | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti SLi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3400 CL13 | SSD: SX8200 PRO 512GB | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Case: InWin 805C | Monitor: LG 38UC99-W 85Hz | Keyboard: Wooting One Analog | Keypad: Azeron Compact Analog | Mouse: Swiftpoint Z | Audio: Klipsch Reference 5.1

Just now, Krzych said:

Like completely nothing more than 24", even 25"?  U2515H is a great option, 25" 2560x1440, at around 300-350$. I had it for about 6 months, nothing wrong to say about it, flawless monitor, I won't see this kind of perfect monitor in years.

Well you are indeed right, a 25" would fit as well, I was thinking in terms of 24" to 30-32" xD 

This does indeed look nice and I always wanted something a bit bigger than 1080p. I think this might be just it!

2 minutes ago, crisro996 said:

Well you are indeed right, a 25" would fit as well, I was thinking in terms of 24" to 30-32" xD 

This does indeed look nice and I always wanted something a bit bigger than 1080p. I think this might be just it!

The U2515H is good as well. It should be able to do 1440P over HDMI with a 780, but I can't say for sure. 

You could always use a DL-DVI to DP adapter if HDMI doesn't work, though.

The UP2414Q is a wide-gamut monitor so a normal monitor like the U2414H or U2415 might look a bit dull next to it. The UP2516D would be a better match in that respect, but as with any wide-gamut monitor it's quite expensive compared to a standard-gamut equivalent like the U2515H.

There's the Dell U2414H which I'm currently using and extremely satisfied with, but there's the LG 24MP88HM too, has 2 speakers and cheaper than the Dell, but it's only available in India and where I live

nRDKbcr.jpg?1

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0