Need help for PC Build! 600$ Budget

Hi. I have very minimal knowledge in PC Building and want this to be my first. Desktop will be used mostly for mid-high spec gaming and AutoCAD.
Build budget is 600$ (monitor/peripherals not included)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

pictures of available parts on the shop i was hoping to buy parts on is attached.
http://www.pccorner.com.ph/

hdd.png

memory.png

motherboard.png

processors.png

video card.png

Edited by Rion_Black
more info

3 minutes ago, Rion_Black said:

Hi. I have very minimal knowledge in PC Building and want this to be my first. Desktop will be used mostly for mid-high spec gaming and AutoCAD.
Build budget is 600$ (monitor/peripherals not included)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

So, how big do you want the case to be? and do you want to future proof it. like with ddr4? 600 is not much to work with. but doable.

Get a non-K i5 CPU (cheapest solution to run AutoCAD properly)

Get an AMD R9 280x/ R9 380(x) with at least 3GB VRAM for 1080p gaming on high/ultra with 60fps.
The Nvidia equivalent would be a GTX 970, which can run almost ANYTHING on 1080p on ultra. Downside is the price.

Get at least 4GB  RAM, but 8GB is kind of a standard

PSU needs to provide at least 500 watts, you don't need more. Get a reliable brand. (google it)

Case doesn't matter, just make sure your GPU fits (AMD cards tend to be big).

As for the harddrive, just get a normal HDD. You can always upgrade to a SSD later on.

1 minute ago, JPotze said:

So, how big do you want the case to be? and do you want to future proof it. like with ddr4? 600 is not much to work with. but doable.

3-5 years would be practical, less is ok. a mid-tower is totally fine.

Just now, Rion_Black said:

3-5 years would be practical, less is ok. a mid-tower is totally fine.

ok. give me a few minutes.

this is a fun build. small but fairly powerful. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i 57.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($42.34 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($109.69 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($169.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case w/450W Power Supply  ($129.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $696.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-21 07:46 EDT-0400

The case is a bit expensive. you can exchange that for a cheap one of like 30 bucks.

1 minute ago, JPotze said:

Motherboard: MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($109.69 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($169.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case w/450W Power Supply  ($129.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

The case is a bit expensive. you can exchange that for a cheap one of like 30 bucks.

This is build is good, but with the $600 budget i would change the following:

Get a 8GB DDR4 kit instead. AutoCAD profits from more RAM yes, but 8GB is plenty.

Also, the CPU cooler isn't necessity since the CPU is not an overclockable i5.

And also as remarked by JPotze, the case is of course bit expensive. Make sure to buy a PSU though, if you want to choose another case!

2 minutes ago, HoiDaniel said:

Get a 8GB DDR4 kit instead. AutoCAD profits from more RAM yes, but 8GB is plenty.

And also as remarked by JPotze, the case is of course bit expensive. Make sure to buy a PSU though, if you want to choose another case!

And also, the motherboard can be exchanged to something cheaper. i choose this one because it is a nice board with build in wifi. But who needs that anyway :P 

11 minutes ago, HoiDaniel said:

Get a non-K i5 CPU (cheapest solution to run AutoCAD properly)

Get an AMD R9 280x/ R9 380(x) with at least 3GB VRAM for 1080p gaming on high/ultra with 60fps.
The Nvidia equivalent would be a GTX 970, which can run almost ANYTHING on 1080p on ultra. Downside is the price.

Get at least 4GB  RAM, but 8GB is kind of a standard

PSU needs to provide at least 500 watts, you don't need more. Get a reliable brand. (google it)

Case doesn't matter, just make sure your GPU fits (AMD cards tend to be big).

As for the harddrive, just get a normal HDD. You can always upgrade to a SSD later on.

ok will definitely look into this. thank you so much!

Just now, JPotze said:

And also, the motherboard can be exchanged to something cheaper. i choose this one because it is a nice board with build in wifi. But who needs that anyway :P 

WiFi pleb!

But yes, i'd rather choose a bigger size motherboard like micro ATX and put a seperate wifi-adapter on it.

5 minutes ago, HoiDaniel said:

I'll look into this and check the availability of the parts here in my country.

I'll look into this and check the availability of the parts here in my country.

And if you have any questions, just PM me or JPotze man :)

WiFi pleb!

But yes, i'd rather choose a bigger size motherboard like micro ATX and put a seperate wifi-adapter on it.

don't think id need a built in wifi-adapter. i already have a seperate one and cables are <3

13 minutes ago, JPotze said:

http://www.pccorner.com.ph/    sorry but some parts aren't available here. :( this is where i was hoping to order since it's already here in my country.

You got this, GPUs are going down in price because of the new pascal series which is approaching. So keep your eyes open and hunt because there are and will be some great deals out there

10 minutes ago, HoiDaniel said:

And if you have any questions, just PM me or JPotze man :)

http://www.pccorner.com.ph/    sorry but some parts aren't available here. :( this is where i was hoping to order since it's already here in my country.

59 minutes ago, Rion_Black said:

http://www.pccorner.com.ph/    sorry but some parts aren't available here. :( this is where i was hoping to order since it's already here in my country.

phillipines huh... Damn bro.

You should look for an internet webshop which sells parts, not whole computers. It's waaay cheaper and more fun!

phillipines huh... Damn bro.

You should look for an internet webshop which sells parts, not whole computers. It's waaay cheaper and more fun!

it is parts though. im trying to find better shops and closer ones. ill try to give them the parts that you guys recommended. thanks again!

it is parts though. im trying to find better shops and closer ones. ill try to give them the parts that you guys recommended. thanks again!

Just a tip: Just look up the specs from a certain part (i.e. the chipset from the motherboard, the amount of VRAM from a graphics card), and just find similar ones. It doesn't need to be exactly the same. It doesn't make any difference if you buy a gigabyte GPU or a MSI one. The only difference will be 1 or 2 FPS for example.