Repairing fans that have gotten slow ?

UmaruChan

Purchased some Chinese oem fans and they died :/ how do i get them to spin they only start to work if i push them by hand.

2 minutes ago, UmaruChan said:

Purchased some Chinese oem fans and they died :/ how do i get them to spin they only start to work if i push them by hand.

Buy new fans, the motors are probably dead

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

4 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Buy new fans, the motors are probably dead

Suggest some good fans under 10$,currently i have coolermaster one's but they are loud.

9 minutes ago, UmaruChan said:

Try lubricating the fan. I had a CM fan from my hyper 212 Evo slow down, A few drops of baby oil and it will work. How long it will last, i don't know.

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

1 minute ago, aneil1998 said:

Try lubricating the fan. I had a CM fan from my hyper 212 Evo slow down, A few drops of baby oil and it will work. How long it will last, i don't know.

But isn't baby oil made from babies that brutal man :P Anyway's is baby oil flammable ? 

Just now, UmaruChan said:

But isn't baby oil made from babies that brutal man :P Anyway's is baby oil flammable ? 

As long as the babies aren't solid, you should be good. I don't know. But I never had an issue with it. Just don't over put(Emphasis on DO NOT OVER PUT). I would recommend, to be on the safe side and for peace of mind, to leave the fan spinning in a safe place for 24hrs to make sure it works appropriately,

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

Yes, baby oil is flammable, sewing machine oil might work better. Also, if the hub and blades can be separated from the body without damage, inspect the coil and the magnets, they could be damaged (means u need a new fan if thats the case)

Its automatic, just press this button!

2 minutes ago, aneil1998 said:

As long as the babies aren't solid, you should be good. I don't know. But I never had an issue with it. Just don't over put(Emphasis on DO NOT OVER PUT). I would recommend, to be on the safe side and for peace of mind, to leave the fan spinning in a safe place for 24hrs to make sure it works appropriately,

1 minute ago, mrgooglegeek said:

Yes, baby oil is flammable, sewing machine oil might work better. Also, if the hub and blades can be separated from the body without damage, inspect the coil and the magnets, they could be damaged (means u need a new fan if thats the case)

I am thinking about WD-40

1 minute ago, UmaruChan said:

I am thinking about WD-40.That has greased a lot of things before.

WD 40 is flammable. To save yourself the work, buy a new fan.