New Career PC! :D

Hey Guys! My name is Jason, or if you've watched my Twitch or played with me in games you might know me as LookingForEXP. I'm looking into starting a Youtube/Twitch career in gaming and I wanted to up my setup a little bit to play the years newest titles at steady framerates, be able to record/stream without fatal drops in Frames or Performance, at a low cost of no more than $1,000. I have a few questions, but I'd like to review the items I've chosen and if I should or shouldn't keep or replace these and questions on the build itself.

-Build Parts-

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GH/z Quad Core Processor (@Micro Center) - $289.99 +Tax Varies
  • CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H60 Cooler (@NewEgg) - $59.99 +Free Shipping/Handling
  • Thermal Paste: Tuniq TX-4 Extreme Performance Paste (@NewEgg) - $9.99 + Free Shipping/Handling
  • Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Board (@Micro Center) - $89.99 + $5.99 Shipping/Handling
  • Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 (Super Biiz) - $59.99 
  • GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ (NCIXUS) - $179.99
  • Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case (NCIXUS) - $110.99
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Fully-Modular (OutletPC) - $76.89
  • Optical Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer (OutletPC) - $18.89
  • OS???: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-Bit) (Amazon) - $86.68
  • Total W/O Taxes or shipping: $1013.38
  • Website URL: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6s48RB

Now I do have some questions and some concerns and why I chose these parts specifically and if I should buy them.

I currently have a Gaming Computer that I have bought from NewEgg that was Prebuilt with an AMD FX-8350 Processor and a AMD Radeon R7 250 Graphics Card.

I also have a 1TB WD Blue HDD inside with a preinstalled Windows 10 OEM that comes with a Recovery Disk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the one majorly important question is that I REALLY DO NOT want to purchase an entirely new OS for this system because I will be using the previous Hard-Drive from my old PC. I've been trying to figure out how to use this HDD into the build so I do not have to repurchase an HDD itself, the DATA on it however isn't important enough to me because its been backed up already on a cloud. This is the only part I will be salvaging from the old build and putting into this new one, and I would like to know if I could use the OS already installed in it without having to wipe it completely and buy a new OEM of Window's 10.

Secondly, I will be using a Dual-Monitor Setup for this Rig, mainly due to having a Gaming Monitor, and also a Streaming/browsing monitor as a secondary. Would this setup be suitable for a dual monitor setup or would it not?

Streaming Concerns - Will the load on the system from OBS and other programs as well as playing the game itself impact performance in a major way or no?

I already have my Keyboard, Mouse, Headset, webcam, and need to get a Microphone and a stand for it too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Building this computer really means the world to me as I am extremely confident in my ability to become successful in this line of work and any help or opinions will be greatly appreciated. If you need anymore information on the build or anything else, please feel free to contact my email @ gryphonhddinbox@hotmail.com or PM me on the Forums.

Thank-You in advance!~ Jason.

maybe switch the 960 out for a r9 380

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

You don't need a DVD writer really, unless you're burning DVDs, and you could skimp elsewhere, e.g. case, cooler, to maybe afford a 390 which would greatly improve performance.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZNBZ4D

Changed: cpu cooler to hyper 212 (it's a great performer for its low low price) 

Gpu to gtx 970 if you're going to be streaming, editing, and playing a beefier video card will be a huge help

Added windowsx, you can get it for around $25 usd from kinguin.net

@ronstig Now, I have an OS on my current HDD, would it matter if I use that on the new pc or would I need to get a new OS altogether?

1 minute ago, Mastafu said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZNBZ4D

Changed: cpu cooler to hyper 212 (it's a great performer for its low low price) 

Gpu to gtx 970 if you're going to be streaming, editing, and playing a beefier video card will be a huge help

Added windowsx, you can get it for around $25 usd from kinguin.net

Noooooo 390 is better than 970 for future-proofing.

1 minute ago, LookingForEXP said:

@ronstig Now, I have an OS on my current HDD, would it matter if I use that on the new pc or would I need to get a new OS altogether?

I'm no expert on that but I'm 99% sure you can, however, it could cause problems with driver etc as you're using different parts. What I did is buy a refurbished version of win 7 on the cheap from amazon and upgraded to 10 for free to save some money.

12 minutes ago, LookingForEXP said:

Now the one majorly important question is that I REALLY DO NOT want to purchase an entirely new OS for this system because I will be using the previous Hard-Drive from my old PC. I've been trying to figure out how to use this HDD into the build so I do not have to repurchase an HDD itself, the DATA on it however isn't important enough to me because its been backed up already on a cloud. This is the only part I will be salvaging from the old build and putting into this new one, and I would like to know if I could use the OS already installed in it without having to wipe it completely and buy a new OEM of Window's 10.

Unfortunately, moving the drive from one system to another isn't going to get you past the OEM restrictions.  It work fine, but will not activate.  

Besides that, if you are really going to pursue content production creation especially with viewers who will take notice to your rig, you really need to consider stepping up to a SSD.  I can't imagine doing what your trying to do daily with a spinning disk loading your OS and software, let alone reading/writing large media content.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($239.99 @ SuperBiiz) = I7 3.8Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.44 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Micro Center) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($308.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($118.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $1022.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-19 16:57 EDT-0400

4 minutes ago, LookingForEXP said:

You'll want to pick up a new retail license in case you continue to upgrade heavily as your career progresses.  Is your OEM 32 or 64 bit?

6 minutes ago, ronstig said:

Noooooo 390 is better than 970 for future-proofing.

How is that? Not familiar enough with amd cards admittedly. 

5 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Unfortunately, moving the drive from one system to another isn't going to get you past the OEM restrictions.  It work fine, but will not activate.  

Besides that, if you are really going to pursue content production creation especially with viewers who will take notice to your rig, you really need to consider stepping up to a SSD.  I can't imagine doing what your trying to do daily with a spinning disk loading your OS and software, let alone reading/writing large media content.

An ssd though is something that can easily be added in the future when money allows it.

8 minutes ago, LookingForEXP said:

If all else fails You can download an installer onto a usb drive directly from Microsoft and buy the key from a third party site like kinguin.net or g2a.com on the cheap. 

An ssd though is something that can easily be added in the future when money allows it.

I guess with that angel of approach, so can the entire upgrade.  Just because something will make do doesn't mean you should do it.

I have the product key on the side of my old case? Would this work o:!?!?!?!? It's the activation key for the Windows 10 OEM I currently have.

If all else fails You can download an installer onto a usb drive directly from Microsoft and buy the key from a third party site like kinguin.net or g2a.com on the cheap. 

Or if you were persistent in using that spinning disk, you could throw it in the machine and call Microsoft with an attempt to activate it.  They have been known to activate OEMs do to repairs and swaps even though they don't have to per the license.

2 minutes ago, LookingForEXP said:

I have the product key on the side of my old case? Would this work o:!?!?!?!? It's the activation key for the Windows 10 OEM I currently have.

Is it 32 or 64 bit?

2 minutes ago, LookingForEXP said:

The thing about OEM versions of Windows 10 is that they are bound to the motherboard they were installed on, and they are not covered by a warranty. Unless you plan on reusing that motherboard, it is very possible you will need to buy a new version. I personally buy the retail version for this very reason, though OEM versions are much much cheaper. Best of luck to you if you can get Microsoft to re-activate it on your newer computer.

As for the hard drive itself, you can probably keep it if you're happy with it, though I would personally upgrade to a SSD to make the operating system a lot snappier. Plus, older hard drives are more likely to fail, though the chance is pretty low, of course.

Just now, LookingForEXP said:

64 bit

If you are hell bent on using it, install it and call Microsoft when it comes time to activate.  You'll need to get creative on how it all came about, but they can and will from time to time activate OEM licenses on different motherboards/computers.

It's not a big problem to me if I need to buy a new OS but it would save money if there were ways around it or even cheaper options.

15 minutes ago, Redicat said:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($239.99 @ SuperBiiz) = I7 3.8Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.44 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Micro Center) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($308.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($118.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $1022.37
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-19 16:57 EDT-0400

THIS IS GOOD, i would get this

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Alright! So I've revised my searches and have come up with this.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XT3tmG

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($319.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Directron) 
Thermal Compound: TUNIQ TX-4 Extreme Performance 1g Thermal Paste  ($9.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Micro Center) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($68.75 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($314.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case  ($110.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($76.89 @ OutletPC) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($18.89 @ OutletPC) 
Other: Windows 10 OEM from Kinguin.net! ($29.37)
Total: $1129.82
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-19 17:48 EDT-0400

37 minutes ago, LookingForEXP said:

Alright! So I've revised my searches and have come up with this.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XT3tmG

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($319.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Directron) 
Thermal Compound: TUNIQ TX-4 Extreme Performance 1g Thermal Paste  ($9.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Micro Center) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($68.75 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($314.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case  ($110.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($76.89 @ OutletPC) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($18.89 @ OutletPC) 
Other: Windows 10 OEM from Kinguin.net! ($29.37)
Total: $1129.82
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-19 17:48 EDT-0400

Go with a 6700K or better off a 5820K. No need to buy thermal paste, the CM 212 Evo comes with a tube where it gives you a few uses. Get a bigger SSD at least 240GB. Go cheaper on the case, like a Corsair 100R. If your doing stream and Twitch, where you have a lot of audience. Get Windows the proper way, not from Kinguin or other similar sites. Try to get a retail license, great when you're constantly swapping out parts.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list