What's the one talent that You wished You' had?

Tech_Dreamer

For me , i think figure ice skating & being able to drag anyone from any background into an in-depth conversation within seconds & give them information they didn't knew early,

What would've been yours if you could choose & learn it in a jiffy!

Details separate people.

3 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

For me , i think figure ice skating & being able to drag anyone from any background into an in-depth conversation within seconds & give them information they didn't knew early,

What would've been yours if you could choose & learn it in a jiffy!

Musical ability. I'm tone deaf so it's kind of impossible, but I would have liked to be able to play an instrument. Piano, probably.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I would love to be able to sing. That way I could start a one man band and release the music that I wanted to make without having to compromise. 

But, alas, I have a singing voice akin to a cement mixer.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Math...

I've struggled so much learning math, I've been getting stress symptoms and bad experiences pushing myself in primary school trying to learn how to math. If someone as much as starts talking math(as in mathematical calculations, not the uses of math), I can feel my mind gradually locking itself up and I'm completely unable to think properly after a while, as if I haven't slept in a week.

Not that my mind locks itself up if I'm doing math at all, but if I'm to learn anything, I need to go beyond what I already know, and that's when it happens...

i wish i could handle programs like cubase or FLstudio. i play the drums, and i would love to make EDm on one of those programs, tho i just can't get the hang of them....

1 hour ago, Tosa said:

Math...

I've struggled so much learning math, I've been getting stress symptoms and bad experiences pushing myself in primary school trying to learn how to math. If someone as much as starts talking math(as in mathematical calculations, not the uses of math), I can feel my mind gradually locking itself up and I'm completely unable to think properly after a while, as if I haven't slept in a week.

Not that my mind locks itself up if I'm doing math at all, but if I'm to learn anything, I need to go beyond what I already know, and that's when it happens...

^ This. Exactly this.

+ The numbers kind of float together on the page.. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

9 minutes ago, techswede said:

^ This. Exactly this.

Google dyscalculia, it's basically dyslexia for maths, you might have it.

For me basically any creative outlet would be nice. As it is I can't draw, can't write and can't compose music (I can play music, but only by reading it and practicing and at that point it's more work than fun/expression).

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

1 hour ago, Volbet said:

Bu, alas, I have a singing voice akin to a cement mixer.

Be like Bob Dylan and do it successfully anyways :D 

6 minutes ago, techswede said:

^ This. Exactly this.

Sounds like dyscalculia. My brother has it.

As for myself, I was diagnosed with some mild Asperger syndrome as a kid (it sounds a lot like a disease, but it isn't) and had my own dedicated math teacher who pushed me hard. At the end of primary school, I was so tired all the time, just standing (and even sitting) up was exhausting. I was literally sick of school :P

Any kind of sports that involves a ball, but I have no depth perception so me catching something is very unlikely...

I still enjoy dodgeball tho, even though I am pretty bad at it.

Drawing. Like, i think i have a pretty vibrant imagination but i can´t draw anything that isn´t ugly :(

And speaking in front of people. I hate that. I hate talking.

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

8 minutes ago, DebatED Nothing said:

Google dyscalculia, it's basically dyslexia for maths, you might have it.

For me basically any creative outlet would be nice. As it is I can't draw, can't write and can't compose music (I can play music, but only by reading it and practicing and at that point it's more work than fun/expression).

Yeah.. I might..

I'm turning 24 on monday though so its a bit late to do anything about it anyway.

I managed to teach myself to draw and write well. Drawing was a real uphill struggle and was fun for a while.. Then i forgot most of it due to inactivity.

Writing is where the fun is for me. The key is to read a lot to pick up a few things from authors :)

1 minute ago, Tosa said:

Sounds like dyscalculia. My brother has it.

As for myself, I was diagnosed with some mild Asperger syndrome as a kid (it sounds a lot like a disease, but it isn't) and had my own dedicated math teacher who pushed me hard. At the end of primary school, I was so tired all the time, just standing (and even sitting) up was exhausting. I was literally sick of school :P

I can sympathize.. Absolutely hated school by the end of it. Thankfully i didn't feel sick because of it. That sounds really rough..:(
My maths teachers called me a retard because i couldn't do fractions.. In my last month of uni prep now and i flunked maths again this year..

Even had a good teacher this time.  

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 hours ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Musical ability. I'm tone deaf so it's kind of impossible, but I would have liked to be able to play an instrument. Piano, probably.

My stand partner in orchestra is tone deaf. He's crap and keeping solid intonation, but he's really good at piano. Anything is possible if you love it enough.

For me, I'm torn between being able to draw more than a stick figure and being able to compose music. I can create pictures in my mind or the occasional melody, but I'm crap at putting either of those on paper or into a computer. I can CAD to a pretty decent ability given I taught myself, but I don't think I could make a living off of it with my current skills, but I want to build off what I have in college.

ASU

7 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

My stand partner in orchestra is tone deaf. He's crap and keeping solid intonation, but he's really good at piano. Anything is possible if you love it enough.

For me, I'm torn between being able to draw more than a stick figure and being able to compose music. I can create pictures in my mind or the occasional melody, but I'm crap at putting either of those on paper or into a computer. I can CAD to a pretty decent ability given I taught myself, but I don't think I could make a living off of it with my current skills, but I want to build off what I have in college.

I did take piano for a while, but I had several crippling problems. For one, there's the tone-deafness, which obviously doesn't help. Also, I just could not do the whole 'left hand does one thing right hand does another' thing. I could play with my left, but as soon as I brought in my right hand to play as well my left hand just couldn't. After a few months I gave up and accepted that is wasn't going to happen... :(

Ah well, I can just listen to PlayerPiano on YouTube I suppose.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

6 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Hmmm I was in orchestra up until the last term/trimester. I've been in orchestra since 6th grade.

I dropped it because I needed to push gym off another year because I had broken my ankle mid term so it sort of screwed up other things too.

I played violin. I wasn't great. I didn't practice much.

In the spoiler is an off topic rambling.

Spoiler

I plan on taking another class that's related to music but it's not at my school but rather offered by my school district that can be part time or a full time thing it's on the campus of a college and yeah it's a pretty interesting program.

My district is dumb and it doesn't have an arts high school (even though it has a middle school and elementary school for the arts (I went to its middle school for the arts for 7th and 8th grade) but like the magnet arts high school (which isn't in my school district) is like an hour or two away from where I'm at so like yeah..

So getting back on topic, I think that would be being more motivated or less of a procrastinator.
(Both are talents, at least I think they are..)

If they're not...

tumblr_m4p58lpOHB1rptnc8.gif

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 hours ago, techswede said:

^ This. Exactly this.

Eh me and math aren't the greatest combination. It generally doesn't click for me unless it's simple math or easy formulas.

I'm not sure why certain formulas are easier than others to remember...

I'm not very good when it comes to the Pythagorean theorem stuff, though other types of algebra aren't too bad...

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

26 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

I did take piano for a while, but I had several crippling problems. For one, there's the tone-deafness, which obviously doesn't help. Also, I just could not do the whole 'left hand does one thing right hand does another' thing. I could play with my left, but as soon as I brought in my right hand to play as well my left hand just couldn't. After a few months I gave up and accepted that is wasn't going to happen... :(

Ah well, I can just listen to PlayerPiano on YouTube I suppose.

Ah I suffer from that as well. Unfortunately, I had to bull shit my way through 4 years of pretending like I could make my hands do two very different unnatural things at once. 

ASU

To be able to jump more than 6 ft into the air. Shit would be wild

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

To be able to understand languages, any of them. The only one I get is math, if it's a language, I've tried drilling French, gave up on that even though everyone says it's easy. The same goes for Computing languages, I just can't get my head around coding languages at all, and I have tried several languages, several times. It just doesn't work for me, but I understand the mathematical side of computers and the physical of 'how they work' :D 

3 hours ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

To be able to jump more than 6 ft into the air. Shit would be wild

Haha. Here's all of us being super real and deep and you just want to have mad hops :P 

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

String instruments. I can play keyboard instruments but for some reason I just can't learn string theory.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME