GTX 970 (Under-Performing?)

Hello, i bought a MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G, 3 days ago and i heard that under-performs not using all the GPU Load, is that true? sorry i'm a noob

Just now, Aytex said:

what processor do you have

i7 4770K 3.5GHz

You heard that the gpu in general under performs?  Or you are actually experiencing your gpu not reaching it's full potential?

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

Just now, givegomezthegun said:

You heard that the gpu in general under performs?  Or you are actually experiencing your gpu not reaching it's full potential?

I think its not reaching his full potential, i bought this Graphics Card to play Squad and i dont get the FPS i thought i would had... upgraded from a GTX 770 2GB, and i dont see such a big difference

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

I think its not reaching his full potential, i bought this Graphics Card to play Squad and i dont get the FPS i thought i would had... upgraded from a GTX 770 2GB, and i dont see such a big difference

To be honest it's not a huge upgrade from a gtx 770.. I wouldn't expect a whole lot more performance.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

It performs as its made to perform.

By this reasoning, EVERY GPU is underperforming (to what people want)

Compare your GPU scores to the varied reviews out there (keep in mind their other hardware (CPU/Memory) can still influence those results)

But it gives you an idea of where you should be.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Is there any Custom Bios that can make my GPU load be almost 100%? Instead of what i think i'm getting(~60%)

4 minutes ago, Lio said:

Is there any Custom Bios that can make my GPU load be almost 100%? Instead of what i think i'm getting(~60%)

No, the lower GPU load isn't from your GPU, likely from the rest of your system OR... the game your running OR, Drivers being a Bitch for whatever reasoning.

It's hard for me to find a game that DOESNT push 99-100% usage here at home, something is definitely up.

Did you reinstall your GPU drivers when you switched, believe it or not, this can cause random shit to happen if you just swap and expect it all to work as intended.

PC's are fickle, sometimes they have a bitchfit until you sort it.

But to be honest, I'd do a proper 'CLEAN' install of your Nvidia Drivers (When you install them, there IS a checkbox you have to tick to do a clean install)

Then do your tests again.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

No, the lower GPU load isn't from your GPU, likely from the rest of your system OR... the game your running.

It's hard for me to find a game that DOESNT push 99-100% usage here at home, something is definitely up.

Did you reinstall your GPU drivers when you switched, believe it or not, this can cause random shit to happen if you just swap and expect it all to work as intended.

PC's are fickle, sometimes they have a bitchfit until you sort it.

But to be honest, I'd do a proper 'CLEAN' install of your Nvidia Drivers (When you install them, there IS a checkbox you have to tick to do a clean install)

Then do your tests again.

I did that, i used "Display Driver Uninstaller" to clean and install the new drivers :/ 

Just now, stconquest said:

Is the game CPU intensive?

A lot, its in alpha stage...

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

A lot, its in alpha stage...

If you did not change the CPU, then your FPS will mostly stay the same then.  Makes sense, right?  Try a light OC...maybe 15%... if you have decent cooling.

Just now, stconquest said:

If you did not change the CPU, then your FPS will mostly stay the same then.  Makes sense, right?

I guess x) Got it!

2 hours ago, Lio said:

I did that, i used "Display Driver Uninstaller" to clean and install the new drivers :/ 

Have a look through various 'dedicated' forum sections for Squad and the performance threads.

https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/456tq2/things_you_can_do_to_potentially_help_with/

https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/