Mouse DPI discussion and what you use.

Currently I'm using 8200 DPI because that's the maximum setting on my mouse. I would go over 9000 if there was a mouse that had an accurate sensor when running at those speeds. No idea why I use such high DPI settings, but it's just what I am use to using all the time, doesn't matter what genre of game I just keep my mouse at that setting. As for the mouse sensitivity setting in Windows it is always set on the middle setting. Mouse acceleration and correction is always disabled as well. 

On a side note it is always hilarious when people try to use my computer and go WTF IS WRONG WITH YOUR MOUSE as the cursor just jumps from side to side  :D

A question to those who use ridiculously high DPI: Do you happen to find yourself becoming fingertip-grippers? I forced myself to use high DPI a long time ago and ended up anchoring my wrist for some additional stability, and ever since I've used a fingertip grip.

A question to those who use ridiculously high DPI: Do you happen to find yourself becoming fingertip-grippers? I forced myself to use high DPI a long time ago and ended up anchoring my wrist for some additional stability, and ever since I've used a fingertip grip.

Yes I am a finger gripper, if you try to move the mouse with your arm or wrists like a claw or palm gripper the cursor will be jumping everywhere :P But the main reason for me using a finger grip initially was due to the terrible ergonomics of the first mice I used so only the finger grip was comfortable for me, so it's the reverse order for me, the grip came before the mouse. 

800-1500 for counter strike. Usually use it around 1300-1800 on 1920x1080

I can use 8900 dpi, but usually use 5.6k instead.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

G400/G400s @ 800 dpi aka native optical dpi

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

i use a DA 2013 for work and a Storm Spawn for games. my DA2013 is set at 800 dpi and my Spawn is set at 1800 dpi. basically i will use whatever setting produces the best MPCS(Maximum Perfect Control Speed). and for the spawn; it's 1800 dpi @125Hz. using the firmware 30a which has the lowest LOD. overall, i guess the most common DPI is between 2000-3000 for games. all the razer/steelseries stuff they advertise is highly unecessary and not recommended..:o